Dynadot

discuss Brandable or SEO? - What Comes First In Your Domain Search?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oskaaay

Founder, GetDomainData.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hi NPers,

I observed a lot of domainer and domain sales popular platform place much value on brandable and how sweet the domain name is in English and other languages than the SEO factor.

Saw some domain sold in the popular platform for $5,000 - $20,000 above which at my check has just Domain Authority DA1 and about 80% Spam score.

But personally I seem to be much crazy about SEO feature of domains (maybe because am an SEO expert with over 7years+ experience and spend almost half of my day researching niches for clients and acquiring new knowledge on SEO).

The SEO features domains make good returns faster and long-term too for the end-user and could get started ranking well from day one with quality contents.

That had let me start my own disruptive expired domains website getdomaindata /com,
which focuses mainly on expired domains for SEO benefits even at a crazy discounted price as I aim to build the brand trust for now over making profits.

Just like to hear your view and other domainers here to know if I have other out there that also think outside the box when it comes to researching and picking domains to add to your portfolio.

And if you are just end-user reading this, will appreciate your contribution too on which do you look for first in your domain search either for niche and business site.

Brandable or SEO? - What Comes First In Your Domain Search?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I registered myself in 98 Google does not give preference to aged domains. Some may fair better due to backlinks etc but it isn't the age itself.
When you registered it, did you build backlinks and quality content to boost its domain authority and what the current domain authority DA?

Registering and leaving a domain to age does not automatically qualify it for what Google looks for in domain age.
NOTE: Google still gives domain age regards. For example, if you start a website today with quality content and within 3m-6month it started ranking.....the ranking will be getting better as the website/domain age....so what will you call that?

•••
When you registered it, did you build backlinks and quality content to boost its domain authority and what the current domain authority DA?

Registering and leaving a domain to age does not automatically qualify it for what Google looks for in domain age.
NOTE: Google still gives domain age regards. For example, if you start a website today with quality content and within 3m-6month it started ranking.....the ranking will be getting better as the website/domain age....so what will you call that?
Then you sell domain only all backlinks drop out and new site takes over rank. Established SEO will hold as long as site is running maintained like any other site. Buying an aged domain will have all the hurdles of any name.

•••
Then you sell domain only all backlinks drop out and new site takes over rank. Established SEO will hold as long as site is running maintained like any other site. Buying an aged domain will have all the hurdles of any name.
Nope, you need to understand that all SEO feature of a website is on the domain (the quality content add to it but not the content itself holds the ratings). So, if the domain is sold, you have sold your backlinks and authority too.....your quality contents will suffer a ranking setback if placed for example on a fresh new domain or expired domain with less SEO authority than the previous one sold.

In such a case, you had better go for an expired domain with much better SEO authority than the sold one to reinstall your quality content ranking. Have you read my recent SEO case study related to this. You can check it out pretpersonnelenligne.org/seo/seo-case-study to have more understanding of what holds the SEO feature (its domain not website/content)

•••
I registered myself in 98 Google does not give preference to aged domains. Some may fair better due to backlinks etc but it isn't the age itself.
for this, you can send it via DM for me to do SEO analysis on why it age but not giving you good ranking

•••
Nope, you need to understand that all SEO feature of a website is on the domain (the quality content add to it but not the content itself holds the ratings). So, if the domain is sold, you have sold your backlinks and authority too.....your quality contents will suffer a ranking setback if placed for example on a fresh new domain or expired domain with less SEO authority than the previous one sold.

In such a case, you had better go for an expired domain with much better SEO authority than the sold one to reinstall your quality content ranking. Have you read my recent SEO case study related to this. You can check it out pretpersonnelenligne.org/seo/seo-case-study to have more understanding of what holds the SEO feature (its domain not website/content)
Your assuming linking to the domain and not a page and just want to prove me wrong when Google cannot validate either experience. For the record I still own domains from 98 used to have top traffic sites on sextracker and would have up to 5000 galleries made a day to be submitted.to my network. Now just parked tubes with newer tubes ranking better no work done as have little time or care to do more. But everything requires work new or old.

•••
Your assuming linking to the domain and not a page and just want to prove me wrong when Google cannot validate either experience. For the record I still own domains from 98 used to have top traffic sites on sextracker and would have up to 5000 galleries made a day to be submitted.to my network. Now just parked tubes with newer tubes ranking better no work done as have little time or care to do more. But everything requires work new or old.
yeah, its true either new or old all require hard work and quality contents. The point is just that if you put the same hard work on a new domain or expired domain with less SEO feature, it will take longer to reap the fruit of your hard work and quality contents.

But the other way if placed on an expired domain with high domain authority and good SEO profile, your hard work will ripen faster than the aforementioned.

•••
yeah, its true either new or old all require hard work and quality contents. The point is just that if you put the same hard work on a new domain or expired domain with less SEO feature, it will take longer to reap the fruit of your hard work and quality contents.

But the other way if placed on an expired domain with high domain authority and good SEO profile, your hard work will ripen faster than the aforementioned.
But you can make any site rank with same amount of work. There isn't really anything to prove otherwise.

•••
But you can make any site rank with same amount of work. There isn't really anything to prove otherwise.
There is.
Have tested it over and over.
In a simple term, here on Namepros, your post will still carry more weight than mine because according to NP ranking factor, you are a VIP and am a New Member (even though I may know my own SEO domain niche more than you do but most members here even new ones, will prefer to transact with you first before me when our NP profiles are put side by side).
That's the simple logic behind
expired domains with good SEO features + the hard work/quality content ...and
expired domains with no SEO feature or new domain + the hard work/quality content ...
They aren't just a match either you accept or not. Have tested it over an over for my niche websites.....

•••
•••
If you continue to work on a site it will grow. If you change a site completely anything can happen.
As far as having more push than others around here it is of no benefit to be right to me I have old names but I did read about it or would still share your same views.

•••
quora.com/Does-Google-give-any-preference-to-New-TLD-domains-to-rank-locally
Not much study on it

Research your claim.
Sure Google prioritise new TLD when it relate to the local search than .com etc.
If you own .uk .us .ng etc. you will likely rank higher when the search keywords are local than .com

Not disputing that but seems you not getting my view here.
Am not talking of extension but if you have new TLD that has aged + good SEO feature + quality content/hard work ...it will still beat other domain even in local search result if they are new TLD that is less aged/or well-aged too but + low/no SEO feature + quality content/hard work

•••
I do get your saying an older site will rank. My point would be If a domain that was bought and not even given name servers of 10 years ago will stand same chance of one bought a year ago if same calibre and both given a launch. End of a day 1 horse will win in a 2 horse race and we cannot find anywhere where google says anything that it gives preference to aged names.

•••
I do get your saying an older site will rank. My point would be If a domain that was bought and not even given name servers of 10 years ago will stand same chance of one bought a year ago if same calibre and both given a launch. End of a day 1 horse will win in a 2 horse race and we cannot find anywhere where google says anything that it gives preference to aged names.
I get you now. We are saying the same thing but in different views. You right. Even if its 15years without been put to use, a 2year old domain will out rank it....

But if put to use at the same rate the 2years domain is put to use since 15years ago...then the 2years old can't stand it ranking

Last edited:
•••
Still looking forward to more domainers view on this

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back