Dynadot

Brandable Marketplaces

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the brandable marketplaces such as Brand Bucket, BrandRoot, Namerific.

Which do you list your brandables in? If they don't get accepted at BB, do you try them at Brand Root next?

I just bought my first 6 brandables. 1 was accepted at BB. I was going to try Brand Root but wow they're strict eh?! Even if I work for and get the sale on my own (outside of Brand Root), they still won't let me unlist that name for a month. I understand they want to give the name exposure, have it redirect and parked at their site and try to get the sale with their site traffic but... if someone just finds me on Whois, I thought I'd be able to get that sale. Looks like that's not the case with Brand Root.

How's your experience been? What do you suggest?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been able to sell 1 brandable domain name on BB at a fair amount of price,A domain I registered 2 months before and cost me 0.99$ to register.
I really fell inlove with the brandables niche. It can surprise you for bad, and for good,, but in the end of the day it all depends if you have real gems or shitty brandables.
it takes time until you figure out what is considered a desirable brandable to possess.
This niche has a lot of financial potential - you just need to dig the right places, and of course, have some luck.
imo..

about BR: As said, they were so strict I couldn't even register so.. bad experience.

•••
I think you can list them at namerific and do your outside sales as well

•••
Yes, I think namerific allows this which is great. I tried 6 brandables just now at brand bucket. they accepted only 1. So I'm wondering which other marketplace to try next for the 5 which didn't make the cut. Was thinking Brand Root but seems very strict.

•••
This niche has a lot of financial potential - you just need to dig the right places, and of course, have some luck.
imo..

Well it's kind of half off the subject, but today when I was watching this picture below I was wondering that how many of these names were sold from any of the brandable marketplaces. I haven't checked but I feel positive that a decent amount for sure.
overcrowded-unicorns-v2.png

It shows the financial potential, and I'm sure the sellers of the domains are also proud and satisfied deeply.

•••
Wow. Very cool chart. Yeah, brandables seem to have exploded in 2014

•••
My opinion is that there is only one brandable MKTplace and that one is BB.
The rest is white noise. Just my opinion though.

•••
Well it's kind of half off the subject, but today when I was watching this picture below I was wondering that how many of these names were sold from any of the brandable marketplaces. I haven't checked but I feel positive that a decent amount for sure.
Show attachment 18786

It shows the financial potential, and I'm sure the sellers of the domains are also proud and satisfied deeply.
Not one.

•••
•••
And if one becomes actual company name, then it is blown in all proportions on the front page. But if you are look at it, in the above chart, there are not more than 200 names and on an average, these name sell for $2K (for $10 hand reg. name) - so it works out.

•••
I have near 300 domains on these marketplaces.

Brandbucket is solid, however your domains will be much more diluted now since they have 20k+ domains listed. I had good sales last year when they had only about 6k domains listed.

Most of my domains are at Brandroot Now, and they do pretty solid job of keeping the sales coming.

Than there is Brand.direct, my own platform. However, it is much harder to makes sales own your own marketplaces. So listing them gives you the best results of selling them more quickly.

•••
I have near 300 domains on these marketplaces.

Brandbucket is solid, however your domains will be much more diluted now since they have 20k+ domains listed. I had good sales last year when they had only about 6k domains listed.

Most of my domains are at Brandroot Now, and they do pretty solid job of keeping the sales coming.

Than there is Brand.direct, my own platform. However, it is much harder to makes sales own your own marketplaces. So listing them gives you the best results of selling them more quickly.

It's great you have your own platform but... if you have any names at Brand Root, you cannot list those names on your own platform or any other website at all (besides Brand Root), correct?

•••
It's great you have your own platform but... if you have any names at Brand Root, you cannot list those names on your own platform or any other website at all (besides Brand Root), correct?

Brandroot now has their own widget which you can add to your site to display your own domains from their marketplace.

•••
Brandroot now has their own widget which you can add to your site to display your own domains from their marketplace.

Yeah, that will work for my site. If someone just runs into my name on whois though, I can't sell it. Or on any other marketplaces (afternic, sedo..)

•••

I know Lazada.com was purchased from BrandBucket and so is Zomato.com - we all know you dislike the BB model, which is fine but these post really make you look a bit frustrated. .

Last edited:
•••
I know Lazada.com was purchased from BrandBucket and so is Zomato.com - we all know you dislike the BB model, which is fine but these post really make you look a bit frustrated. .
Who's frustrated Doron? 22,000 domains listed at BB and you think it's a good business model? I got my first laugh this morning so thanks for that. LOL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back