IT.COM

BrandBucket sales data

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
anyone tracking Brand Bucket sales lately like DN Bolt used to do? I would love it if you would sure any good info. Thanks so much

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any idea why @Dnbolt stopped doing this?

•••
•••
they have 50,000 domains now. Who would care..

•••
The more domains they have listed, the more interesting and valuable their sales data. Imo :)

•••
Any website is easy enough to scrape and dataset easy enough to parse with enough time on your hands... Now it is a matter of - who has the time and desire to publish the data? :xf.smile:

•••
It is possible to have a custom made system that tracks all the sales, and I am sure some people might be doing it already, they will seldom share their results.

•••
The data from 50,000 names in a very specific niche targeting mostly new startups is absolutely priceless.

•••
The data from 50,000 names in a very specific niche targeting mostly new startups is absolutely priceless.
That is true..

That data would be very useful, hence those who scrape that data wont share it freely.

•••
That is true..

That data would be very useful, hence those who scrape that data wont share it freely.
How much would the sales data of maybe 90 names cost every month? If it's available for the right price I may be a buyer.

•••
How much would the sales data of maybe 90 names cost every month? If it's available for the right price I may be a buyer.
The seller might be reading this.
Or maybe a programmer sniffing an opportunity.

•••

How much you will pay?

Last edited:
•••
How much you will pay?
How accurate the data will be?

Sometimes people just pull out there names from BB & get it sold anywhere.

•••
How accurate the data will be?

Sometimes people just pull out there names from BB & get it sold anywhere.

All I can say is that I am Brandbucket.

Last edited:
•••
The data could be very accurate if the person curating it does it correctly...

But to be honest it isn't as useful as you may think. Also you would possibly run into moral/legal issues selling a businesses' inside information without permission.

And, no offense @Dnbolt - but I don't personally approve how you have created a website which captures all BB listed names and lists them for eternity and try to steal their/our leads.

We have talked a good bit in the past - and I have no hard feelings - but it still irks me to this day to see my domains listed on your site with an old price and sales venue.

I think you started out with good intentions, and provided a good service back in the day, but went off the tracks at some point. The service you provided was not meant (or should not have been meant) to profit from. If you applied your skills to your own product/service you would most likely be successful. If I were you I'd retire your website since it truly provides no value to any domainer now that you only use it to post inventory.

•••
I think @Dnblot should provide a link on site where it say "Remove Your Name". People can submit request & get removed it from the site but I still think the domain will again get added when re crawling happens.

•••
The data could be very accurate if the person curating it does it correctly...

But to be honest it isn't as useful as you may think. Also you would possibly run into moral/legal issues selling a businesses' inside information without permission.

And, no offense @Dnbolt - but I don't personally approve how you have created a website which captures all BB listed names and lists them for eternity and try to steal their/our leads.

We have talked a good bit in the past - and I have no hard feelings - but it still irks me to this day to see my domains listed on your site with an old price and sales venue.

I think you started out with good intentions, and provided a good service back in the day, but went off the tracks at some point. The service you provided was not meant (or should not have been meant) to profit from. If you applied your skills to your own product/service you would most likely be successful. If I were you I'd retire your website since it truly provides no value to any domainer now that you only use it to post inventory.

I don't run the website and it isn't mine! My projects are no longer public!

Last edited:
•••
I don't run the website and it isn't mine! My projects are no longer public.
You seem to be trying to sell it again looking at your signature.

•••
You seem to be trying to sell it again looking at your signature.

Why should I update it and provide namepros with update to date information?

People rely so much on the internet and that's why Brandbucket pays me till today.

Last edited:
•••
Why should I update it and provide namepros with update to date information?
You don't need to provide a free service or use your time to keep it updated...

I appreciate the service you provided in the past. (free sales info)

I just think at the very least you should remove inventory that is no longer listed at BB.

Rather or not you should piggyback off BB's data is your choice.

Not attacking your work or character, just giving my opinion that I don't like my names eternally listed at dnbolt... But everyone may do as they please.

•••
If BB will give me permission ( @Keith DeBoer ) - I will create a public website that provides BB sales info for free behind a login so end users can not see it. (as I said though - it isn't as useful as you think)

But I can understand that BB will most likely not agree.

Edit: I do not currently collect this information - though I did in the past for my personal research. Please do not PM asking me to sell or give this info to you as I morally can not without permission.

Last edited:
•••
If BB will give me permission ( @Keith DeBoer ) - I will create a public website that provides BB sales info for free behind a login so end users can not see it. (as I said though - it isn't as useful as you think)

But I can understand that BB will most likely not agree.

Edit: I do not currently collect this information - though I did in the past for my personal research. Please do not PM asking me to sell or give this info to you as I morally can not without permission.

What date ranges does it span from and how accurate is it?

•••
What date ranges does it span from?
Well after you had issues collecting the information, but not since I left BB. But honestly - that is irrelevant.

•••
Well after you had issues collecting the information, but not since I left BB. But honestly - that is irrelevant.

Issue that lasted for how long?

It it relevant because I want to know how accurate your results are compared to mine?
Can it be possible that you have discovered the way too?

Last edited:
•••
Issue that lasted for how long?

It it relevant because I want to know how accurate your results are compared to mine?
Without permission it is irrelevant - but if they will allow me to you will be welcome to login and take a look.

This isn't a who's programming #### is bigger. Not trying to compete with ya here bud.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back