IT.COM

discuss Brainstorming domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddesigns

24Designs.in - Web Development and more...Top Member
Impact
How you guys brainstorm domain names, especially when doing handreg? I follow below methods..

A) Check past recent sales
B) Check hand reg section here on np
C) Look around local store names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally I guess I do the following:

- Watch and listen to the news
- Use 62 years of knowledge on how people talk and think
- See if their is a marketing potential for the product / subject

- But mainly I take time and think whether a good website could be built on the domain and if so are there then end users out there who would like to do so on the domain.

•••
How you guys brainstorm domain names, especially when doing handreg? I follow below methods..

A) Check past recent sales
B) Check hand reg section here on np
C) Look around local store names
mixing similar words
e.g.
Superior and superb I got Superbior
So I have created a new word that means #SUPERhuman + #BIORobotics
#trending

•••
mixing similar words
e.g.
Superior and superb I got Superbior
So I have created a new word that means #SUPERhuman + #BIORobotics
#trending

Thanks for the insight, I just that name in reg of the day section, along with other names. When such words are not "real" World words, do they still fetch good price and eyeballs?

•••
Personally I guess I do the following:

- Watch and listen to the news
- Use 62 years of knowledge on how people talk and think
- See if their is a marketing potential for the product / subject

- But mainly I take time and think whether a good website could be built on the domain and if so are there then end users out there who would like to do so on the domain.

I need to start watching and reading tech news now. I am not doing that currently 😔😔

•••
I need to start watching and reading tech news now. I am not doing that currently 😔😔

I suggest you install Feedly (RSS reader for desktop & mobile). Subscribe to some inspiring news sources stuffed with keywords and trends. You may subscribe to general sources with broad market insights, and to specific niches in sectors like Finance, Medical, Gaming, Information Technology, Robotics, etc.

Here are just three to get you started.
  • Marketwatch
  • Visual Capitalist
  • CircleID

•••
Sales data, Sales data , Sales data.

that is my 90% source for creations,

other 10% is just cross referencing creations to verify potential trend / value / variation availability.

I literally never check the hand reg section here, I feel confident 99.9972% of those never sell.

•••
Sales data, Sales data , Sales data.

that is my 90% source for creations,

other 10% is just cross referencing creations to verify potential trend / value / variation availability.

I literally never check the hand reg section here, I feel confident 99.9972% of those never sell.

By sales data you mean namebio, sedo and other domain sales sites?

•••
Hi

brainstorming is out for me at this stage of the game.

nowadays, i just smoke bud and ponder on :poop: that pops in my head
but an idea could come from tv, a passing truck, a billboard or a brief conversation

or on any particular day, i'll search for .com domains ending in "ng" with max 26 characters and see what comes up.

:)

imo...

•••
•••
Hi

brainstorming is out for me at this stage of the game.

nowadays, i just smoke bud and ponder on :poop: that pops in my head
but an idea could come from tv, a passing truck, a billboard or a brief conversation

or on any particular day, i'll search for .com domains ending in "ng" with max 26 characters and see what comes up.

:)

imo...

Thanks for sharing...

•••
•••
Back