Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Media King

Established Member
Impact
stop register new gtlds

boycott high renewals!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lol, or better yet you got the "new G phobia" ?
It's not a phobia, it's just bad business. The best new g's are not assets as far as I'm concerned, they are liabilities. Even the tiny % that are liquid move on the 'greater fool theory'. Domain aftermarket is tiny as is, sales to end users and among investors. New GTLDs are merely a footnote of a tiny market.

•••
It's not a phobia, it's just bad business. The best new g's are not assets as far as I'm concerned, they are liabilities. Even the tiny % that are liquid move on the 'greater fool theory'. Domain aftermarket is tiny as is, sales to end users and among investors. New GTLDs are merely a footnote of a tiny market.

z.cash does just fine as I'm sure many others do.

I don't really get you. If they are doing fine and you are sure many others doing just fine too, than so what?

What is the purpose of the domain names?

Selling .com domains at $100 and calling them quality and liquid domains, so newbies can buy from you? Well that is bad business not investing in great new gTLD combos.

Last edited:
•••
I don't really get you. If they are doing fine and you are sure many others doing just fine too, than so what?

What is the purpose of the domain names?

Selling .com domains at $100 and calling them quality and liquid domains, so newbies can buy from you? Well that is bad business not investing in great new gTLD combos.
Sure, so the viability of speculating and warehousing ngtlds for anticipation of future profit is a different discussion to which businesses and sites are out there with a ngtld flag.

•••
Sure, so the viability of speculating and warehousing ngtlds for anticipation of future profit is a different discussion to which businesses and sites are out there with a ngtld flag.

I call a bad domain a bad domain, doesn't matter what it's extension is. I do not market and sell them for $100 calling quality and liquid for the newbies while hand reg.ing them for .99 cents.
You call this business? Yes, fulltime domainers does that and makes money but I don't find this ethical.
You will never sell a great name for $100, I will pass on that you can never hand reg. a great .com domain today, only place to look for them is aftermarket and you are fool if you think you can buy a great .com domain just for $100 budget. But if you are selling it, that's another story ?

Last edited:
•••
I will pass on that you can never hand reg. a great .com domain today, only place to look for them is aftermarket and you are fool if you think you can buy a great .com domain just for $100 budget. But if you are selling it, that's another story ?

I will just point out you can buy good .coms all day long on the aftermarket for $100 or less. It's that thinking that you can't that has led many astray into new gtlds. People that think that, I can tell they don't actually participate in those markets.

•••
I will just point out you can buy good .coms all day long on the aftermarket for $100 or less. It's that thinking that you can't that has led many astray into new gtlds. People that think that, I can tell they don't actually participate in those markets.
Can you please give me one example at least?

•••
Last time I shared - https://www.namepros.com/threads/yo...-day-no-handregs.756868/page-171#post-6458090

Most of those are under $100. You use the word great, understand I use the word good. Besides those, the handful of marijuana domains I have, under $100:

budfinder $69 - sold for $5,000
marijuanatreatment - $75 (what I paid)
thecannabis - $69 (what I paid) - multiple 5k offers, way too low

I understand the thinking, it's how I thought in my rookie year. Can't get any good .coms. When I started, used to buy a lot of off extensions as well. I loved getting great keywords in other extensions. Just didn't sell that good. Until I started participating in the aftermarket. Again, good domains, domains people can use to build sites.

Last edited:
•••
Last time I shared - https://www.namepros.com/threads/yo...-day-no-handregs.756868/page-171#post-6458090

Most of those are under $100. You use the word great, understand I use the word good. Besides those, the handful of marijuana domains I have, under $100:

budfinder $69 - sold for $5,000
marijuanatreatment - $75
thecannabis - $69 - multiple 5k offers, way too low

I understand the thinking, it's how I thought in my rookie year. Can't get any good .coms. When I started, used to buy a lot of off extensions as well. Until I started participating in the aftermarket.

I see no problem selling domains for $100 or less, but calling them quality and liquid or "great" is something else.

You use the word great, understand I use the word good.

Exactly, I understand.

•••
I see no problem selling domains for $100 or less, but calling them quality and liquid or "great" is something else.

I didn't say anything about selling them for $100 or less, said I bought most of those for less than $100, usually sell in 4 figures. And there will be times I sell them for under $100. It runs the range. The under $100 tend to be first year purchases or hand regs. I'm doing a personal hand reg challenge for myself. Looks like 90% of what I have up at NJ are hand regs, throw some regular ones in there from time to time.

Point is, you can find "good" .coms all day long in the aftermarket, that you can easily sell for profit. And for good prices. You have better odds buying good .coms.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't say anything about selling them for $100 or less, said I bought most of those for less than $100, usually sell in 4 figures.
Sorry I taught you were selling those for $69, I would buy that thecannabis right away :)
Great buy! When did you bought it, this is not new right?

Last edited:
•••
Sorry I taught you were selling those for $69, I would buy that thecannabis right away :)
Great buy! When did you bought it, this is not new right?

2013, Snapnames, only bidder. No, those first numbers are what I paid for them $69, $75, $69. So you can find good deals, you just have to hop in and participate.

Last edited:
•••
2013, Snapnames, only bidder. No, those first numbers are what I paid for them $69, $75, $69.
Still this is a dropcatch right? Not a domain sale from a domainer.
Would you sell it for less than $100?
If you do I can buy it right now, you know what I mean..

Last edited:
•••
Still this is a dropcatch right? Not a domain sale from a domainer.
Would you sell it for less than $100?
If you do I can buy it right now.

You know..

No, wouldn't sell if for that.

Like I posted, I sold 1 of those for 5k already, the budfinder. TheCannabis is always getting offers, more than a handful in the 5k range. So I could sell it for profit, but I'm looking for somewhere in the 5 figures. The other, not many offers yet. But will sell that one for profit one day as well. Hop on Snapnames and Namejet, take a look. Part of the marketing for those companies selling new gtlds was that you can't get good .coms anymore. Not true. Again, I used to think that, in my rookie year.

Last edited:
•••
No, wouldn't sell if for that.

Like I posted, I sold 1 of those for 5k already, the budfinder. TheCannabis is always getting offers, more than a handful in the 5k range. So I could sell it for profit, but I'm looking for somewhere in the 5 figures. The other, not many offers yet. But will sell that one for profit one day as well.
Are those drop catch or did you bought them from other domain investor?

•••
Are those drop catch or did you bought them from other domain investor?

SNAPNAMES. NAMEJET. Expiring auctions.

•••
SNAPNAMES. NAMEJET. Expiring auctions.
Could you have bought them from another domain investor back in 2013 for less than $100?

•••
Could you have bought them from another domain investor back in 2013 for less than $100?

Not sure, I usually use SNAP/NJ for 90%+ of my domains. I will tell you, I was surprised I was the only bidder on 2 of those auctions, the other one just had 1 other person. Those are just the marijuana domains, don't even have that many just a handful, just have 4. But in general, good .coms, all over the place for good prices.

•••
Not sure, I usually use SNAP/NJ for 90%+ of my domains. I will tell you, I was surprised I was the only bidder on 2 of those auctions, the other one just had 1 other person. Those are just the marijuana domains, don't even have that many just a handful, just have 4. But in general, good .coms, all over the place for good prices.

Really good price for an expiring auction but wouldn't be that cheap if a domainer were selling it imo.
btw I would call thecannabis dot com a great domain, it is better than good.

•••
Really good price for an expiring auction but wouldn't be that cheap if a domainer were selling it imo.
btw I would call thecannabis dot com a great domain, it is better than good.

Buy them for cheap at those places, sell them to endusers or whoever.

•••
See attached thumbnail

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS OR MY DOMAIN!!
It's a no-brainer, your name is far superior than what they currently have. They made a bad choice, I mean, you cannot use a 4 or 5 character acronym with a new G and expect it make any sense or look remotely appealing.

Basically, not everyone gets it yet- the proper combining of both prefix and suffix to make the entire domain as one name.

.Associates is a tough extension to begin with, silly really. Hard to combine with anything. Usually, the word "associates" in a firm is prefixed by "&", so why they thought it would work as a new G is beyond me, does not make sense as an extension.

They are trying to get my domain because the email [email protected] is failing miserably for them. It is failing even though the business is actually called

_ _ _ _ _ Associates.

So it's not only the renewal rates but email is playing a part in the difficulties these extensions are experiencing.
I don't see what email has to do with it. If they are not receiving emails they need to fire their tech dude. Right after they fired their branding dude.

•••
•••
why ?
you get a 365 days chance to sale and myself i sold ngtld
also you can let it drop and register again
i did

•••
Why boycott something that sells like hotcakes? :xf.grin:

•••
Having such prejudices to investing only makes people institutionalized to a system. And, there dies free thinking! There are fixed tenets currently with which investing works. And, this seems to be passed down from old timers like holy grail, except the biblical rules always seem to have notes of harsh prejudices.

•••
Its a question of faith. Who are you to say me not to invest in “something new”? Obviously, with such prejudices, it slowly removes a good chunk of investors from investing into such avenues of growth. You think ngTLDs are making you out of business. WRONG. We are in a time when apps have changed how people access www.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back