Dynadot

sales TOP (New gTLDs) domain name sales (FIRST HALF - MAR - 2024).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

makki

Established Member
Impact
Highest domain sales reported (New gTLDs) - (01 MAR - 15 MAR 2024).
🛑 eclipse.xyz sold for US $90K on EFTY.com (11 MAR 2024).
TOP 5 (New gTLDs) Domain sales FIRST HALF - MAR 2024.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Utterly bad domains. Someone's got money to burn

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Utterly bad domains. Someone's got money to burn.
It's probably some startups that received another round of funding to burn through with management and advisors who need to be educated on domains.

•••
It's probably some startups that received another round of funding to burn through with management and advisors who need to be educated on domains.
I have confirmation that at least one of them is that situation.

•••
Pretty much. "The .com isn't available or within the means of our budget, what are our options?" "Add a keyword, buy a different extension, expand our budget, or change the brand." And they ended up making the worst decision available to them.

.xyz domains are categorically blocked by my browser at work.

1711095130563.png

Imagine having a website on a domain not accessible by other businesses.

Last edited:
•••
I don't understand the rationale behind buying a .xyz, I guess I'll never know

•••
I don't understand the rationale behind buying a .xyz, I guess I'll never know
Me neither, but let me quote something out of Google. (Still irrational, because the TLD is kind of used in every niche)

How .xyz met web3​

Negari is an active crypto investor with “numerous” investments in the space, including Gemini, MoonPay and BlockFi, he said. Because of his interest in crypto, he reached out to Ethereum Name Service (ENS) creator Nick Johnson to pitch him a collaboration.

“That historic collaboration allowed early adopters to use a .xyz domain as their wallet address,” Negari said.

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2021/12/28/wtf-is-xyz/

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back