Dynadot

question Bought some domain and how to sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fuadiansyah

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I am new in NP and domain industry and still a newbie. Moreover, I have a very limited budget. Need some advice here.
So, I bought some domain a few days ago. They are:
  • aerocle.com
  • bassins.info
  • chinagoldbars.com
  • foodsey.com
  • ibon.info
  • internetlead.org
  • nizyo.com
  • pumata.com
  • shopuniquegifts.com
  • splendelle.com
  • stepjoy.com
  • sunzet.com
  • trip360.net
What do you think of them and how/where to sell them for the best?
Currently, I am sort of cash and need to sell some to acquire revenue/profit.
Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold on to pumata and stepjoy, place the rest in a bulk auction here at namepros. Those first two are solid brandables but the rest are weak. Look at namebio everyday and check on the reported sales thread here every so often so you can learn the business better. Best of luck

•••
•••
You bought them a few days ago..now you are broke and want to sell them!

You were given great advice about trying to sell them in bulk (Namepros or elsewhere) but what if they dont sell at a profit? Would you take loss? Even worse what if they dont sell?

You use business terms, revenue/profit but have you heard about "business planning" or "budgeting" .

Sorry for being so harsh but in my experience . ..the truth hurts and sometimes need to be told.

Anyway, hope you recover your investment and maybe never repeat that mistske of putting yourself broke.

•••
Use the grace delete button accordingly. You'll get your money back.

•••
You bought them a few days ago..now you are broke and want to sell them!

You were given great advice about trying to sell them in bulk (Namepros or elsewhere) but what if they dont sell at a profit? Would you take loss? Even worse what if they dont sell?

You use business terms, revenue/profit but have you heard about "business planning" or "budgeting" .

Sorry for being so harsh but in my experience . ..the truth hurts and sometimes need to be told.

Anyway, hope you recover your investment and maybe never repeat that mistske of putting yourself broke.

I think I have to clarify that I'm not broke in term of life by the way, just the budget for investment on this month, next month I'll have another hard cash indeed to invest in another or use them for marketing purpose.

And I also in no "NEED" to sell them names in short time period, maybe I dropped or renewed/hold some and sell some, who knows...

By the way, thank you for the advices everyone...

Last edited:
•••
Pumata looks an interesting one, I think it's an Italian surname, and a village in Bolivia.

•••
Pumata looks an interesting one, I think it's an Italian surname, and a village in Bolivia.

Pumata means tomato in Corsican language, Corsica is an island in the Mediterranean Sea.
I think it can be a brand for agriculture business or a restaurant name...

•••
Splendelle sounds like an alternative to spandex. You might be able to sell that in the cosplay world.

Not that I know anything about that of course. :)

•••
Splendelle sounds like an alternative to spandex. You might be able to sell that in the cosplay world.
Not that I know anything about that of course. :)
It might be. My first though, Splendelle is a blended word from splendid + pelle (skin in italian), splendid+Belle (Beautiful in French), or simply +Elle (She in french). It can be a brand for skin product or women related product....

Last edited:
•••
The only one i would hang onto would be Pumata.com - possibly one for BrandBucket. The rest I'm not sure. Don't be too quick to get rid of them, but at the same time, make sure you spend the time researching etc before diving in spending $$ on domains you may end up being stuck with.

•••
bassins is a municipality in Switzerlands, so you might be able to sell that if uou can find some local advertising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassins

Nizyo - seems to be a name used by gamers, but I don't think they buy domain names

The other names didn't trigger any interest for me. Some because they aren't .coms, so there could be a market there.

•••
pumata can get you into trouble with puma brand

•••
•••
I'll maintain that if you regged them less than 5 days ago at an upstanding registrar that will give you your money back for grace deleting, don't be afraid to take that opportunity.

If you don't know how to sell the name or even why or if it might be worth anything, then it's best to wait till you know and understand to buy domains

Pumata means something in some language. Does that mean someone will buy it? maybe but maybe not. Most people won't know what it means, some may stay away because of 'puma' or someone may buy it because of 'puma'. Who knows? I've had Sofubo for a year now. It means grandparents in Japanese. It was rejected by BB and it still hasn't sell yet. One day it might. That's the thing with brandables. You never know if and when. It's riskier.

However, when you are new and cash strapped, you need to be a little more sure. Exact match domains with a decent number of end users is a more sure investment imo, and should be what you are researching. Also, since you haven't learned the art of hand regging great domains yet, don't hand reg. Also try to stay with com, unless you see a really strong single word in another TLD.

There is a lot to learn and there is a learning curve. Give yourself time to learn. Do research. Then go look for one domain on the aftermarket. PM another investor or friend, ask them what they think? Buy for $20, flip for less than $100, if you want to flip quickly. Along the way, keep learning. Now that you have $100, buy 2 domains and repeat.

Everyone thinks the more domains you own, the better your chances. But if all your domains are bad, you practically have no chance. Everyone wants to dive in to domaining. But trust me when I say that there is a lot to learn and slower and steadier wins the race (esp at the beginning)

•••
I think two or three of the names are worth keeping. If you don't try, you won't learn. I'd do as Candace suggests with the others though. It really depends on how limited your budget is. It could take up to 6 months or more to sell a name. If you can stand that sort of wait, then it's worth trying if you are serious about domain name investment/speculation.

All valuations are subjective. When I started I had a Forex name that all posters on a major domain name forum told me was rubbish. A few months later, I sold it for $250. I think I was lucky in that case though, and it didn't happen with all my names. :)

•••
Pumata.com has been listed on auction in Ramped.com...
Now I am confused about pricing, how should I valued this domain?
I just blindly priced BIN for $1500. Is that too much to ask or vice versa?

Last edited:
•••
•••
"Bought some domain and how to sell?"

Usually people would research how to sell and only then would buy.

I've heard a construction equipment is a billion business, so i've bought this concrete mixer. Now how to sell?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back