Dynadot

advice How to sell domain names

Spaceship
Watch

robert4u

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I have some 50+ domains some of them are 10+ years old, they are from either mine failed projects or future projects which got cancelled, now I do not want them to expire, so I am thinking to sell these, so as a beginner my questions are:

1) How can I sell them?
2) How pricing work? How can I price a domain name?
3) How long does it take to sell the domain name, I am not looking to be in domain business I just want to sell them so I earn some money

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I have some 50+ domains some of them are 10+ years old, they are from either mine failed projects or future projects which got cancelled, now I do not want them to expire, so I am thinking to sell these, so as a beginner my questions are:

1) How can I sell them?
3) How long does it take to sell the domain name, I am not looking to be in domain business I just want to sell them so I earn some money

Thanks in advance

how-to-sell-anything-on-the-internet-5-638.jpg

•••
•••
•••
What are the names? Not that you need to reveal them, entirely up to you, but might be useful to answering your question.

•••
Well example of some domains is
gibbusoft.com
postingkit.com
thejoules.com

•••
•••
I don't see much in those four names you have posted. If they sell at all, will be only after a long wait.

•••
Hi
1) How can I sell them?
You can place them on some of domain market places like Sedo, Flippa, GoDaddy, NameJet etc.
Also you can make landing pages for your domains. It helps to sale names.
Best way is to check for recent domain sales that match your keywords at NameBio.com.
That way you can determinate approximate value of your names.
It mostly depends on quality of your domains. But you can improve the chance of selling by advertising your sales on social media and here on NP in External sales thread.

Last edited:
•••
1. List on market, make offer only (if you need advice on pricing, setting a BIN may not be the best method).
2. Re-evaluate domains as they come up for renewal and let the trash expire.
3. HODL. Sell rate from 0% to 5% depending on quality and pricing. Above 5% your pricing may be a bit low.

At least that's how I roll :punch:

•••
there's no money in domain names.. this industry full of bullsh*t.
This is nonsense. There is money to be made, but you need to buy good domains to make sales. The only thing that matters is inventory, the rest is details.
The majority of domainers are losing money because they refuse to change the way they think or don't have perseverance. They also underestimate the difficulty of domaining, it's not a get-rich-quick scheme that involves zero effort.

Well example of some domains is
The examples you quoted will be hard to sell. The odds are slim that somebody else will think of the same concept and will be motivated enough to make you an offer. Nobody likes to buy domains at a premium, so people will usually register some available domain instead. Unless they must own 'this' name in particular or because it aligns perfectly with their business/branding plans. I think these names are easily replaceable with alternatives.

What you could do is list them on Godaddy Sedo etc and wait. Set to 'make offer' or set a low BIN (buy it now) price to facilitate sales. Pricing names isn't the problem, you need a buyer first. Pricing can always be negotiated when you have an interested party.
Consider dropping these names if they don't sell before expiration date. But please post the rest in the appraisals section for more opinions.

•••
To sell them for the least amount of effort, I would list them for auction as a package deal at Flippa. That way, you would get some money and be rid of them.

But I'm a beginner too, so don't take my word for it. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back