domain Bought my first 10 domains, how would you value them? - rpgart.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain_coder

Established Member
Impact
First off, thank you to everyone for cultivating such a great community. Going through all the posts and great answers helped me to learn enough to buy my first domains and make a go at this.

How would you value the first domains I purchased?

rpgart.com
atomictrends.com
canony.com
dolphinunderwater.com
buzzauctions.com
lehobby.com
quantumweekly.com
rueavenue.com
verifiedcert.com
cpusports.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You may want to 'grace delete' them, read thru the beginners section here and some other threads, and then with all this domaining insight you'll learn, go reg some domains with potential. jmo.
(keep in mind, what type of domain 'you' would pay $$$+ for, to use or build something for yourself! Because that's how buyers are looking at domains.)

•••
If you guest in your mind a view minutes, and can register the name in .com, surely others can do the same. So why others willing to pay alot of money on it.

Why the domains are valuable :

- Best shorted from millions of drop list
- Exact Match popular words, terms, geo popular services, sure names or trending words in make reason TLDs like NYC Home, Red Wine, Money Box
- The hard to find language words in TLDs those someone has already secured years ago like Ride.one, Motorcycle.xyz, Reason.io
- popular 2 words, popular words + popular words those make sense like Fitness First, Veteran Corner, President Kitchen
- color + popular animal in .com like white horse, purple lizard
- others

If it is easy, others can hand reg the same too..

Last edited:
•••
@hawkeye and @Surya Giri Kurniawan thank you for the constructive feedback. I created a program to help me sort through drop lists but it's clear I need to improve that filtering logic and my eye for value. I have a few follow-up questions if you don't mind.

I purchased a few of the domains through expired auctions, I assume I won't be able to grace delete those? If no, outside of letting them expire would you suggest just listing them on sedo and seeing if anyone picks them up?

In terms of domains with value, what you're both saying totally makes sense. I need to put myself in the mind of the end buyer and focus on scarce assets with name value. When it comes to domain valuations, outside of experience are there specific resources you look to for establishing a reasonable range for your domain like past sales of related domains? Do you pay attention at all to estibot / godaddy / other automated valuation tools?

I also noticed that you didn't mention backlink profile as a metric for establishing value. Should I read that as a strong backlink profile is an additive to value for some purchasers (perhaps the PBN / affiliate buyers) ?

•••
@hawkeye and @Surya Giri Kurniawan thank you for the constructive feedback. I created a program to help me sort through drop lists but it's clear I need to improve that filtering logic and my eye for value. I have a few follow-up questions if you don't mind.

I purchased a few of the domains through expired auctions, I assume I won't be able to grace delete those? If no, outside of letting them expire would you suggest just listing them on sedo and seeing if anyone picks them up?

In terms of domains with value, what you're both saying totally makes sense. I need to put myself in the mind of the end buyer and focus on scarce assets with name value. When it comes to domain valuations, outside of experience are there specific resources you look to for establishing a reasonable range for your domain like past sales of related domains? Do you pay attention at all to estibot / godaddy / other automated valuation tools?

I also noticed that you didn't mention backlink profile as a metric for establishing value. Should I read that as a strong backlink profile is an additive to value for some purchasers (perhaps the PBN / affiliate buyers) ?
For valuation domains with pattern and partial word : see Namebio

For Geo Exact Match service, Exact Match Product see industry size and value. For example NYCHome must be more valuable than NYCPorcelains, NYCHome is more valuable than OrangeCountyHome. Candy.com iand Movie.com are more valuable than Brush.com.

Last edited:
•••
Some of these sound alright but the problem is these types of two word brands are a dime a dozen. To sell one of those, it really needs to be super duper catchy.

Hawkeye has a good point. There should be solid reasoning behind your choice and you should really see for yourself where the value lies ie do the keywords get very high SV, are there solid links, do I have an entry AND exit strategy for it etc etc. Also ask yourself why should someone buy this from you at a particular price. If you don't have an answer, either think about or else drop the name.

•••

Try to manual shorting from drop list. No machine has good sense as human. Why someone wants to pay you XXXX$? Because you worked days shorting from millions of drop list just to find 1 good domains for 8$. If you want machine doing it in minute, there are already better names generator out there. Still you have to short from suggested names. For example Instant Domain Search. Still you use 100 times, no guarantee you'll get reg free available domain even a single one. That's why good aftermarket domains are expensive. If end users are lazy enough to only tried 30 times using Instant Domain Search, guranteed they end up paying 1000$ to the domainers.

Screenshot_2022-12-23-04-36-27-030_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Some of these sound alright but the problem is these types of two word brands are a dime a dozen. To sell one of those, it really needs to be super duper catchy.

Hawkeye has a good point. There should be solid reasoning behind your choice and you should really see for yourself where the value lies ie do the keywords get very high SV, are there solid links, do I have an entry AND exit strategy for it etc etc. Also ask yourself why should someone buy this from you at a particular price. If you don't have an answer, either think about or else drop the name.
Thanks for the feedback, it really seems like the common thread is only go for the domains that i'd actually build on. Good ole K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid).

I've taken the advice and will be posting a new thread with a few domains I purchased and what I would personally build there.

Thanks again for the feedback!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back