Impact
Hello, I just bought some .dev domains such as
lloydsbank.dev
creditmutuel.dev
bancochile.dev
yapo.dev
elpais.dev
And 4 more
How do I value them, and how should I sell them?
Thanks for the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They have no value. You registered a bunch of trademarks in a brand new extension.

You think the banks you're cybersquatting are going to pay you money for your names (instead of just taking them from you?) Really good strategy there, buddy...

•••
Wow.
Expect to receive a few C&Ds soon, or better yet delete these domains.

•••
•••
Contact the legal departments of each trademark holder and offer to sell it to them.

Either you'll get sued or get an offer :)

•••
They have no value. You registered a bunch of trademarks in a brand new extension.

You think the banks you're cybersquatting are going to pay you money for your names (instead of just taking them from you?) Really good strategy there, buddy...
why they would be able to take those domains from me?

•••
Contact the legal departments of each trademark holder and offer to sell it to them.

Either you'll get sued or get an offer :)
OK, if I was able to get to some kind of offer, how should I sell it. I mean if it was me the 1 buying I would want to be sure to receive the product, and for the seller the same. How or from where should I sell it?

Last edited:
•••
•••
My friend, I'm just messing around. The truth is those names are not worth anything. Educate yourself on what makes a domain good and start over.

•••
My friend, I'm just messing around. The truth is those names are not worth anything. Educate yourself on what makes a domain good and start over.
So I just wasted my money..., I thought this would be a good investment

•••
So I just wasted my money..., I thought this would be a good investment

They're not. Forget about them. Spend some time reading NP and start over.

•••
contact your registrar and request a refund.most companies will give you a refund in the first 5 days.it's sometimes called a "grace delete".

•••
contact your registrar and request a refund.most companies will give you a refund in the first 5 days.it's sometimes called a "grace delete".
OK thanks, I will do that

•••
Hello, I just bought some .dev domains such as
lloydsbank.dev
creditmutuel.dev
bancochile.dev
yapo.dev
elpais.dev
And 4 more
How do I value them, and how should I sell them?

I thought this would be a good investment
Usually grown up people ask how to value and how to sell BEFORE making an investment.

•••
Usually grown up people ask how to value and how to sell BEFORE making an investment.
I did this because I heard of someone that was a good idea, I know, I should have researched before buying

•••
Ok then, lesson learned, move on. Good luck ))

•••
Domains are not a sale or return items. Don't buy something then ask yourself (or us) "how do I sell them"?

Instead ask yourself...

What kind of domains sell?
Why do they sell?
Who would want this domain?
What kind of business could be built on this domain?
Is the value of this domain going to rise or fall over time?
Does this domain break any trademark laws?
Do I know enough about domains to spend money on them?
Can I afford to lose money on domains?
Do I have a few hundred hours spare to read about the domaining industry?

These are the questions to ask yourself before spending any money and not necessarily in that order.

You will find all the information you need here but search for answers first before asking something that has been asked and answered a thousand times.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
don't worry sladon there isn't a member on this site that doesn't have their share of bad buys.i regged sportscheersandjeers.com,harrychapin.taxi and inanonlinebank.com.:bag:

•••
don't worry sladon there isn't a member on this site that doesn't have their share of bad buys.i regged sportscheersandjeers.com,harrychapin.taxi and inanonlinebank.com.:bag:
Yeah I'm sure people have wasted much more money than sladon.

•••
Hello @Sladon, and welcome to NamePros!

It seems there's a lot of misinformation "out there" about domain investing, and a lot of folks come to it believing they can make easy money. Unfortunately, that is not the case.
The advice given above is good: read a lot and buy slowly. Here's a good place to start: https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-discussions.844937/

•••
Domains are not a sale or return items. Don't buy something then ask yourself (or us) "how do I sell them"?

Instead ask yourself...

What kind of domains sell?
Why do they sell?
Who would want this domain?
What kind of business could be built on this domain?
Is the value of this domain going to rise or fall over time?
Does this domain break any trademark laws?
Do I know enough about domains to spend money on them?
Can I afford to lose money on domains?
Do I have a few hundred hours spare to read about the domaining industry?

These are the questions to ask yourself before spending any money and not necessarily in that order.

You will find all the information you need here but search for answers first before asking something that has been asked and answered a thousand times.

Good luck!
I know, I know, I was just hyped because as u said I thought it was easy money(but I should be realistic, nowhere in the world u can get money for doing nothing), I was stupid for thinking that way, I just asked for a refund before regretting of being sued by someone I known I must investigate and use my brain to do stuff and not follow what other thinks.
Well this is good in one way, I learned smthg and that is don't be lazy, do research and think by myself before doing something.

•••
I know, I know, I was just hyped because as u said I thought it was easy money(but I should be realistic, nowhere in the world u can get money for doing nothing), I was stupid for thinking that way, I just asked for a refund before regretting of being sued by someone I known I must investigate and use my brain to do stuff and not follow what other thinks.
Well this is good in one way, I learned smthg and that is don't be lazy, do research and think by myself before doing something.
Such a valuable lesson learnt and it only cost you a few dollars (assuming you don't get a refund). I'd say that was a bargain.

The glass is always half full...

•••
Such a valuable lesson learnt and it only cost you a few dollars (assuming you don't get a refund). I'd say that was a bargain.

The glass is always half full...
I hope I don't forget this memory and lesson, I have been always thinking in what other thinks when I buy things(because I'm not sure if I'm making a good choice, and worried if I do smthg it fails) I'm 19 but I have been like this always

•••
I did this because I heard of someone that was a good idea, I know, I should have researched before buying

Great!

My personal suggestion to all new domainers is to educate themselves for at least 50 hours, before even buying their first domain.

Sources of education and my suggestions:

- Read hundreds or thousands of posts at NamePros
- Browsing and collect data from previous sales at Namebio.com and Dnpric.es
- Reading domain news blogs, such as: Domainnamewire.com, Thedomains.com
- Listen to domain podcasts, such as: Domainsherpa.com, Domainnamwwire.com
- Learn about trademarks, UDRP, Wipo etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back