Dynadot

.tv BookReviews.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ChrisMJ

Thief And ScammerEstablished Member
Impact
I posted about this one a while back asking for an appraisal, most people said low- mid $xxx because BookReviews doesnt suit the .tv extension. Well i said fair enough so i submitted to GreatDomains to see if they would accept it.

To my surprise they did accept it and are suggesting a little higher listing price that what was originally suggested.

Just goes to show that just because you may have a unrelated domain as long as its Brandable, between the 1 - 2 words mark it is considered acceptable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats ! Another demonstration that .tv names do not have to be exclusively related to tv/broadcast issues.

•••
they can accept anything to make $ and doesn't mean an end user would buy it however it is a nice name

•••
Not to burst your bubble because I like the keywords (just don't necessarily see it as a good match for the ext), but IMO GD does not have the best track record for actual sales and they have turned down many names they should have accepted and accepted many they shouldn't..

(I own bookreview.be, btw)

•••
Big hugs and I really hope you sell for high xxxx or higher. I would not have valued it that high but hey.... who am I :hehe:

Good luck my friend :)

•••
I agree it is a nice name, but GD (Verisign) is kind of bias towards .tv names and I think they are trying to build up their number of listings to make the name more popular and maybe encourage more registrations. As far as listing price, the prices people appraise the name at here are more realistic. GD prices are known to be very high, and more suited for the rich end user. I've listed two names with them now, and while I don't expect any sales at those prices, it's great exposure, makes the name more desirable, and there's always the chance I'll get lucky with a xxxx sale.

Good luck with your name!
-Jorge

•••
regfee- that's an interesting take I haven't heard mentioned before.....

•••
Greatdomains .tv listing is obviously the (Verisign).TV Corp shop window.

•••
Very interesting comparison Argos. Verisign owns both .TV corporations and Great Domains. So it is kind of shop window showboating .tv names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back