Domain Empire

Bollywood star's name domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anantj

Top Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice on a domain name that I recently acquired. The domain name is the full name of an Indian actor. From data based on wayback machine and historical screenshots of the domain, it was never owned by the actor for personal branding. From the looks of it, this is a fairly valuable domain

I'm not sure how to proceed on either using this domain or selling it (Perhaps to the actor). I'm not keen on getting into any legal issues but I'd like to profit from the domain if possible at all. I've considered contacting the actor on Twitter (privately) but I'm not entirely certain.

Any advice on how to best proceed with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some people are daft enough to pay up others will simply go the litigation route.

Contact the actor and you will soon find out which is the preferred option.

•••
If the name could be the meaning of getting into our business oriented within, it could be easily getting promote and being the best in its search soon. Otherwise leave that idea. Thank you.

•••
If the name could be the meaning of getting into our business oriented within, it could be easily getting promote and being the best in its search soon. Otherwise leave that idea. Thank you.

I did not quite understand what you meant here. Can you explain?

•••
You can make use of the Domain Name, as long as that has a fair / legitimate website. One of the circumstance that can be proved is running as a CLUB / FAN website, in that case it would be safe from any legal proceedings...

A FAN website is seen as a fair and legitimate use of the Domain Name. Example: Mr Bruce Springsteen lost the case for BruceSpringsteen.com in the year 2000. (http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2000/d2000-1532.html)

But if you tried to offer the same for sale to the celebrity, it can lead you to trouble. Though developing the same as a FAN website and selling it to some other interested third party may only earn you something...

•••
Normally no one claims but if someone claim on whose name the site is running or domain is registered then you have to settle the dispute in court. It's a matter of identity theft. So better include a phrase "UNOFFICIAL SITE OF ACTOR XXX" as a disclaimer to avoid legal issues.

•••
Contact the actor
Some people are daft enough to pay up others will simply go the litigation route.

Contact the actor and you will soon find out which is the preferred option.

This is the best option for you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back