BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any news when escrow.payoneer.com will be integrated?
They provide API and technically it is not a problem at all...

•••
Hello Jurgen,

Unfortunately not. New features are temporarily on hold while our developer is working on a number of larger system-wide updates. Once these updates are in place, it will help to speed this process up in the future however.

We appreciate your patience and we'll be sure to keep your suggestion in mind.

Thank you.

Any news when escrow.payoneer.com will be integrated?
They provide API and technically it is not a problem at all...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello Jurgen,

Unfortunately not. New features are temporarily on hold while our developer is working on a number of larger system-wide updates. Once these updates are in place, it will help to speed this process up in the future however.

Thank you.

Would be great to hear what you're working on. Can you share?

Personally I'm fine with Escrow.com and would prefer some other more important updates as well

•••
Hello Jurgen,

Thank you.

its always good to have a "backup" programmer at hand

•••
Hello Jurgen,

I understand and Bodis management is also aware of the benefits of including Payoneer Escrow as an additional sale option.

However, our developer is working tirelessly right now to ensure that certain updates are prioritized for release early in the new year.

Thank you for your patience.

It is not just suggestion...
As of today Payoneer Escrow is default escrow for most domainers...
dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2016/dailyposts/20161003.htm

•••
Hello,

Without going into too much detail, the release of our advanced sale and template style options is one of our main priorities.

Along with updated template designs, Bodis users will have the ability to customize the look, layout and much of the text on their landers.

Thanks.

Would be great to hear what you're working on. Can you share?

Personally I'm fine with Escrow.com and would prefer some other more important updates as well

•••
Hello Frank,

Unfortunately our main programmer, Sebastian, wouldn't have the time right now required to train in/instruct a new programmer.

But this may become a possibility in the near future.

Thanks.

its always good to have a "backup" programmer at hand

•••
Im banned from Bodis anyway, they didnt like some of my domain traffic because i was getting residual traffic from places like pinterest etc, totally out of my control of course.

•••
@TroyBodis :

Regarding forsale links -

- is it possible to customize the text on domain-by-domain basis for example, such as to indicate that the domain _is_ for sale (not "may be") or include fixed price if the destination link is a fixed-priced bin ?

- last time I checked, the system might forward non-faillisted domain to zeroclick if no google ads were available for this particular visitor at the time of his visit. What would happen if the domain has a forsale link on it? I'd prefer to see forward to forsale link destination instead, as such a visitor may never become aware of forsale domain status with zeroclick forwarding

•••
Hello,

Without going into too much detail, the release of our advanced sale and template style options is one of our main priorities.

Along with updated template designs, Bodis users will have the ability to customize the look, layout and much of the text on their landers.

Thanks.

This will be great! I love your for sale landers... but they are so abrupt if one auto-directs right to them. Need a better segue imo, and being able to change the text would help with this. Thanks!

I hope you are also trying to figure out a way to show/serve the landers to people using adblockers. For example, Ad Block Plus blocks all users who do not check the box "Allow some non-intrusive advertising". All those people see is a blank page. Even with these settings this does not occur on other parking companies landers, including ParkingCrew, and others who provide landers, including Uniregistry, Undeveloped, etc.

•••
I hope you are also trying to figure out a way to show/serve the landers to people using adblockers.

According to The Interactive Advertising Bureau report (dated 2016), 26% of desktop users and 15% of mobile consumers use blockers. Now in 2017 it should be more... By still using landers with forsale links at any parking company, including Bodis, we the domainers are instantly subscribing to at least 25% decrease in sales :( This should be enough to implement instant forwarding of any visitor with adblock enabled directly to forsale link destination. What, if anything, is programmed @ bodis end in this aspect?

Cc @TroyBodis

Last edited:
•••
Hello Tony,

If a domain is set to Escrow/buy now, the sale text can be modified on an individual domain name basis, but this cannot be done from the Bodis user interface until our updates have taken place unfortunately.

Tier2 monetisation of Tier1 enabled domains is mostly limited to domains which have been flagged, where ad blockers are in use, or Tier1 is blocked from the visitor's region.

If Tier2 ads are enabled on your Bodis account, and you'd prefer visitors who cannot access Tier1 ads to be able to access your sale lander, we can set a Tier2 time delay. This would allow visitors adequate time to click the sale link prior to the redirect. This will likely have an effect on monetisation however.

Thanks.

@TroyBodis :

Regarding forsale links -

- is it possible to customize the text on domain-by-domain basis for example, such as to indicate that the domain _is_ for sale (not "may be") or include fixed price if the destination link is a fixed-priced bin ?

- last time I checked, the system might forward non-faillisted domain to zeroclick if no google ads were available for this particular visitor at the time of his visit. What would happen if the domain has a forsale link on it? I'd prefer to see forward to forsale link destination instead, as such a visitor may never become aware of forsale domain status with zeroclick forwarding

•••
Hello,

We recently looked into this matter but after further inspection, we found that it was having little to no effect on ad monetisation overall.

Thanks.

This will be great! I love your for sale landers... but they are so abrupt if one auto-directs right to them. Need a better segue imo, and being able to change the text would help with this. Thanks!

I hope you are also trying to figure out a way to show/serve the landers to people using adblockers. For example, Ad Block Plus blocks all users who do not check the box "Allow some non-intrusive advertising". All those people see is a blank page. Even with these settings this does not occur on other parking companies landers, including ParkingCrew, and others who provide landers, including Uniregistry, Undeveloped, etc.

•••
Hello Tony,

Bare in mind that we are already whitelisted with AdBlock Plus, so to automatically redirect these visitors to the sale lander would diminish a portion of those potential returns for some users.

Thanks.

According to The Interactive Advertising Bureau report (dated 2016), 26% of desktop users and 15% of mobile consumers use blockers. Now in 2017 it should be more... By still using landers with forsale links at any parking company, including Bodis, we the domainers are instantly subscribing to at least 25% decrease in sales :( This should be enough to implement instant forwarding of any visitor with adblock enabled directly to forsale link destination. What, if anything, is programmed @ bodis end in this aspect?

Cc @TroyBodis

•••
Whitelising with AdBlock plus means that the user agreed to receive non-intrusive ads (or did not disagree). After a 1st day of using AdBlock plus myself, I immediately entered the config and blocked everything.

As a curiosity, I asked a couple of friends from laptop service centre what exactly they now configuring to customers by default, such as removing pre-installed spying tools on a new laptop etc, and they told me that 100% adblock is now default due to customers demand.

Is there anything that prevents Bodis from setting instant forwarding to forsale link destination in cases where the user has adblock (which I beleive can be detected if and only if they are blocking also non-intrusive ads. So it CAN be detected. And if it is detected - then there are no ads, there would be an empty page, and it appears that Bodis elects to forward these visitors to 0-click. Which is fine for not for sale domains and not good if the domain is for sale.)

•••
Anyone else see the page that is created when you try forwarding a domain with Bodis?

I noticed on Chrome (at least for me) when I had a domain forwarded with Bodis it shows a blank page and does not forward. I wonder how much traffic I might have lost due to this.

•••
Whitelising with AdBlock plus means that the user agreed to receive non-intrusive ads (or did not disagree). After a 1st day of using AdBlock plus myself, I immediately entered the config and blocked everything.

As a curiosity, I asked a couple of friends from laptop service centre what exactly they now configuring to customers by default, such as removing pre-installed spying tools on a new laptop etc, and they told me that 100% adblock is now default due to customers demand.

Is there anything that prevents Bodis from setting instant forwarding to forsale link destination in cases where the user has adblock (which I beleive can be detected if and only if they are blocking also non-intrusive ads. So it CAN be detected. And if it is detected - then there are no ads, there would be an empty page, and it appears that Bodis elects to forward these visitors to 0-click. Which is fine for not for sale domains and not good if the domain is for sale.)

Exactly! This needs to be corrected for the "for sale" landing page. Showing a blank page here is unacceptable and no other company's for sale landers are blank. I know, I tried 20 of them. All show except Bodis.

For clarity Tony, I am not describing the monetization/parked page - but rather the "for sale" lander. Over 20 other companies have "for sale" landers and Bodis is the only one that shows as blank.

Hello,

We recently looked into this matter but after further inspection, we found that it was having little to no effect on ad monetisation overall.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how you could say this. Those that use AdBlock Plus and do NOT check the allow some non-intrusive advertising box see a blank page. How is it possible this is having an effect? Perhaps not on monetization since those users (by default) do not want to see ads and therefore were unlikely to click on parked ads. However it is absolutely having an effect on the "for sale" landing pages as they are now blank.

Anyone else see the page that is created when you try forwarding a domain with Bodis?

I noticed on Chrome (at least for me) when I had a domain forwarded with Bodis it shows a blank page and does not forward. I wonder how much traffic I might have lost due to this.

This is exactly the issue. Bodis is showing a blank page to all AdBlock Plus users who have not proactively changed the default settings to allow some non-intrusive ads. We are losing for sale traffic. And we can all guess the % of users who proactively allow some advertising from the total universe of people who download an adblocker to be almost 0. No one who wants an adblocker is going to go into the advanced settings to allow some ads. So really then, anyone who downloads the adblocker sees a blank Bodis for sale lander.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Yes, the page cannot be resolved and will return blank if the visitor has specifically unchecked the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" option in their AdBlock Plus settings.

This effects Tier1/Tier2 ads, sale landers as well as URL redirecting.

Thank you.

•••
Hello,

Please be aware that the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" setting is in fact pre-enabled by default. And that our Tier1 ad feed is already whitelisted so that visitors using AdBlock Plus with these default settings in place can still be monetised.

If a visitor has specifically unchecked the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" setting, then they are explicitly stating that they do not wish to see ads of any kind. There is no workaround for this unfortunately.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how you could say this. Those that use AdBlock Plus and do NOT check the allow some non-intrusive advertising box see a blank page. How is it possible this is having an effect? Perhaps not on monetization since those users (by default) do not want to see ads and therefore were unlikely to click on parked ads. However it is absolutely having an effect on the "for sale" landing pages as they are now blank.

This is exactly the issue. Bodis is showing a blank page to all AdBlock Plus users who have not proactively changed the default settings to allow some non-intrusive ads. We are losing for sale traffic. And we can all guess the % of users who proactively allow some advertising from the total universe of people who download an adblocker to be almost 0. No one who wants an adblocker is going to go into the advanced settings to allow some ads. So really then, anyone who downloads the adblocker sees a blank Bodis for sale lander.

•••
As a side note, I'm unsure what is the point of providing domain forwarding service on parking company level at all. Bodis does not make any $$$ from free forwarding imho. When I first saw this feature, I considered it as a free add-on for existing customers who are also parking other domains with Bodis. This time I am not speaking about visitors who cannot be served with google ads, but about configurable traffic forward to external destination for 100% of traffic on per-domain level.

As the recent clarifications are indicating, this traffic forwarding is incomplete, as visitors with strict adblock would not be forwarded anywhere. To the contrary, any lets say registrar-based URL forwarding normally serves 100% of traffic regardless of adblock status.

So, why this "global forwarding" feature is developed @ Bodis in the first place? @TroyBodis can you clarify please

Actually, by installing AdBlock with any level of configuration, with or without non-intrusive ads, the user did not opt-in or opt-out to have 301 or 302 redirects. Nothing prevents him from enetering advanced browser config such as about:config in FIrefox and disable processing of automated redirects. But it would be another story, which has nothing to do with ads. Very few users are doing this. Accordingly, so far I still do not see any reasons for Bodis NOT to send 302 redirect to forsale link destination, if a PARKED domain is configured as being for sale with some custom forsale link, in cases where google ads cannot be delivered to the visitor due to one reason or another...

Last edited:
•••
Bodis-2017 is ~ the same as Sedo in terms of monetization...
Abnormally low RPM (the worst ever) and clicks for $0.00 and $0.01 are regular...

Last edited:
•••
Hello Tony,

Similar to our sale lander auto-redirect option, URL auto-redirecting is in place so that Bodis users can forward visitors to an external sale page at any time, without having to go through their DNS settings or the associated propagation delay.

Regarding the opt-out of non-intrusive ads and 301/302 redirects, I believe that this is related to an internal request error and it's preventing page rendering.

Thanks.

As a side note, I'm unsure what is the point of providing domain forwarding service on parking company level at all. Bodis does not make any $$$ from free forwarding imho. When I first saw this feature, I considered it as a free add-on for existing customers who are also parking other domains with Bodis. This time I am not speaking about visitors who cannot be served with google ads, but about configurable traffic forward to external destination for 100% of traffic on per-domain level.

As the recent clarifications are indicating, this traffic forwarding is incomplete, as visitors with strict adblock would not be forwarded anywhere. To the contrary, any lets say registrar-based URL forwarding normally serves 100% of traffic regardless of adblock status.

So, why this "global forwarding" feature is developed @ Bodis in the first place? @TroyBodis can you clarify please

Actually, by installing AdBlock with any level of configuration, with or without non-intrusive ads, the user did not opt-in or opt-out to have 301 or 302 redirects. Nothing prevents him from enetering advanced browser config such as about:config in FIrefox and disable processing of automated redirects. But it would be another story, which has nothing to do with ads. Very few users are doing this. Accordingly, so far I still do not see any reasons for Bodis NOT to send 302 redirect to forsale link destination, if a PARKED domain is configured as being for sale with some custom forsale link, in cases where google ads cannot be delivered to the visitor due to one reason or another...

•••
Hello Jurgen,

If I remember correctly, much of your traffic consists of domain names containing random characters and made up words, making it difficult to target visitors with relevant ads. And thus not meeting your revenue expectations.

If you have any domain names that you believe could benefit from further keyword optimization, please open a support ticket and we'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks.

Bodis-2017 is ~ the same as Sedo in terms of monetization...
Abnormally low RPM (the worst ever) and clicks for $0.00 and $0.01 are regular...

•••
No, most my domains are 1word (dictionary) + small part of portfolio is various LLL/LLLL...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back