BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cfguru360 said:
The title tag would be the same as the header title currently. We may give you support for title/description tags in the future, I can put it on my list. We just do not have it right now.

We do not plan on offering the keyword tag.

Er.. why not the keyword metatag as well? I know now we can set our own keyword links, but the keyword metatag is more for the SEO. I'm not a SEO expert but this is what I've come to understand so far. How critical is the keyword tag in SEO, I don't know.

•••
It's not critical at all. As a matter of fact, it's been ignored by search engines (for boosting ranking) for years. Setting the wrong keywords in the meta keyword tag can only get your site flagged as spam and de-indexed from major search engines. It also adds load time to the pages since more content is outputted to the visitor. At the end of the day, it will cost me time to develop it, cost you time adding keywords that will not boost your web page rankings, push your actual good content even further to the bottom of the page -> lowering your web page rankings, can get your site listed as spam for the wrong keywords or having too many keywords. I've looked at our logs plenty of times for all the referering search engines. I don't remember seeing any referal on any web site before from any search engine that actually takes the meta keywords tag into consideration for boosting rankings. Actually, I don't even know of a search engine that looks at the meta keyword tag. If someone does, feel free to pass it onto me. I may be wrong, but this is what I have come to know.

Hope that explains it.

•••
Stats for the 10th are up

and 11th. More to come I'm sure

Thanks Matt

Last edited:
•••
My stats for the period July 10th to 14th show:

A massive drop in visitors (about 1/5 of what I had before).
Revenue has also dropped to about 60% of what I was getting.
RPM remains about the same.

I'm not quite sure how to read these stats. Its only the beginning so I won't make much out of them. Should have a clearer picture in a month or two I would imagine

GIL

•••
Stats for 7-10 thru 7-14 up
My traffic down by 50% over the last 5 days.
RPM is up by 40%.

•••
Matt has said that v2 traffic will not include bots and spiders. Maybe this is the reason for decline in traffic.

Actually my traffic did not increase nor go down. And my earnings about flat too. It would be nice if the earnings report also has number of clicks. Then we'd know the CTR and average RPC.

•••
What is nice is that I am not seeing as many $.01 clicks anymore. 90% of mine are above $.20 which is really nice.

Traffic seems about the same....

•••
Woow, my traffic is increase to allmoust 100% (no joke!)
My last creation is FavouriteBusiness.com :cy:
Thanks matt!
Teddy
I dont´t see any PPW report!

•••
( I tried to enter this before but got a database error)

Actually, I don't even know of a search engine that looks at the meta keyword tag. If someone does, feel free to pass it onto me. I may be wrong, but this is what I have come to know.

Certainly none of the top tier search engines (Google, Yahoo & MSN) use the meta keyword tag at all. I don't know about smaller search engines; I only work with those three.

The title tag is used heavily for SEO, obviously, and that's where you want to put your keywords.

The meta description tag, at least in Google, is *not* used for keywords or search - the main purpose of it would be for the snippet that appears in the search engine to entice people to click on YOUR link as opposed to the other nine on the page. Google (and probably YPN) may also use it in part to determine what your page is about in order to serve you contextual ads, if advertising is present.

Lack of meta description tags (or duplicate meta description tags) can get you filtered (not penalized) in Google, so it's a good idea to have them and write unique ones when you can. Of course, with hundreds or thousands of urls, it's often not practical.

•••
Teddy7 said:
Woow, my traffic is increase to allmoust 100% (no joke!)
My last creation is FavouriteBusiness.com :cy:
Are you using Zero Click? Your FavouriteBusiness looks nice.

I wonder if the fact that I changed all my domains to Zero Click has had an influence in my massive drop in traffic? :-/

•••
Yes I use zero clicks! Possible that is help, no ideea :] But sice I changed to zero I heave an increase of money and traffic.

•••
Great. Can we see our TQ like in parked.com? I wanted to sign up but cannot.

Can somebody send me an invite?

•••
powerup said:
It would be nice if the earnings report also has number of clicks. Then we'd know the CTR and average RPC.

Yeah, I'm w/ this member.
How are people reporting click values when I don't even see a clicks column? I've been out of town, so I may have missed this being discussed. Can someone PM me the reply thread #

•••
As promised here are my initial findings:

RewardsCreditCard.com
Bodis = $0.34 per click
Parked.com = $1.27 per click (this was the average from Jan1-march 31)

Traffic is about the same. Naturally, I'd like to see this much higher especially for my higher paying keywords/domains. In the meantime, it's a small sample size so I'll continue testing it this one and maybe throw in another 1 or two...

•••
netmeg said:
( I tried to enter this before but got a database error)

Certainly none of the top tier search engines (Google, Yahoo & MSN) use the meta keyword tag at all. I don't know about smaller search engines; I only work with those three.

The title tag is used heavily for SEO, obviously, and that's where you want to put your keywords.

The meta description tag, at least in Google, is *not* used for keywords or search - the main purpose of it would be for the snippet that appears in the search engine to entice people to click on YOUR link as opposed to the other nine on the page. Google (and probably YPN) may also use it in part to determine what your page is about in order to serve you contextual ads, if advertising is present.

Lack of meta description tags (or duplicate meta description tags) can get you filtered (not penalized) in Google, so it's a good idea to have them and write unique ones when you can. Of course, with hundreds or thousands of urls, it's often not practical.

Thanks Meg,

I did not know this ..... about the title tag

I looked and Bodis puts our URL in the title tag (www-domainname-ext).

namenut

Latest Bodis Landers:

AsiaTravelDeal.com
PrimeNevada.com
NameGrade.com

Last edited:
•••
Invalid traffic and clicks are completely removed from statistics now.

If your RPM dropped over by a lot, feel free to PM me your account email address so I can take a look at it and see for what reasons the RPM dropped off.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Invalid traffic and clicks are completely removed from statistics now.

If your RPM dropped over by a lot, feel free to PM me your account email address so I can take a look at it and see for what reasons the RPM dropped off.
Matt, are you looking at RPM as the most important stat at the moment?

•••
I meant to say revenue, sorry.

•••
I spent a little time updating my pics and content and the results have been impressive. Some of the reason may also be due to the improved feeds. Many of my links were just generating ads from arbitrage type sites before.

My names were hardly getting any clicks during the changeover period as the landers looked horrid due to pic distortion and the content not looking good with the new layout.

I'm very happy with Bodis and love the customization options. The new pics and the crop facility really help. Much better generally than before. A couple of things that I don't like personally are the colorways (I lprefer some bright and bold options) and the fact that the title becomes almost totally unreadable with some of the hue/saturation settings. I'd much rather the title was white or black, depending on the color selection.

I expect to see my earnings improve over the coming months. More domains coming your way. Great job :)

Matt.

•••
Check THIS OUT:

BOODIS.com forwards to DomainParking.co.uk

Squatting?

•••
Hi Matt

A couple of things you might want to tweak when you get time. Someone else mentioned this, and I also believe it needs an adjustment. When you change hue and saturation, the title sometimes gets very faint, almost unreadable.

Also, if you have long link names they get truncated. If you crop the photo to get more room, sometimes the photo gets too small to be effective. Is there anyway to wrap the line to show a second line for that link so there is no truncation?

Thanks...

•••
SMBGeek said:
Check THIS OUT:

Squatting?

Damn

•••
Hi,

I'm trying to register but am receiving
Registration temporarily disabled as we upgrade our service.

Any idea when it will be back online?

Thanks
Joe

•••
I'm Impressed with the customisation options, I wonder how far we can take this thing... Has anyone tried using a parked Bodis page to host a simple blog, or other dynamic content? I don't see why it can't be done.

•••
SMBGeek said:
Check THIS OUT:

Squatting?

Nice find. I have contacted the owner and he is nice enough to transfer it over to us, so hopefully the transfer will go through soon.

Please do not squat on our company name. :) We are not Youtube. We do not generate millions of visitors on our Bodis.com homepage. So far I've secured a bunch of typos of our site, so this Boodis.com will be another one on the list.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention, SMBGeek. :tu:

We are adding in new features and fixing bugs on the domain management as I speak. We are also going to give you the option to not use a main image for your landing pages. This way you can place content / images within the content instead.

An auto-keyword generator will be there as well. As well as options to delete uploaded images, search images, modify header text color, and a few other small things.

Once we get this out and fix all the bugs that there are, we will open the registration. So it should all take 2-3 days. After the registration goes smoothly and everything is ironed out, I'll go ahead and open the marketplace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back