Dynadot

discuss Bodis, Uniregistry or Efty?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys can you share what service are you using for your landing pages? Does it really improves the conversions instead of having 2 step landing pages (Parking page leading to the contact page).

What is the best strategy to optimize the end user sales.

If someone has tried Bodis, Efty and Uniregistry can you share the experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks mods for moving the thread.

Guys can you please share your experience with parking vs direct landing pages.

If you witnessed increased conversions can you tell which service are you using for the landing pages ?

•••
I am currently using bodis and self testing my own stuff as well.

•••
•••
•••
You mentioned that there is a back-end (server side processing) doing stuff, since you've used it before - what functionality is going on in the back-end?

For DM it shows other options. Some of which are BIN price, custom text options among other things. None of this is available with just the script alone. I am fairly sure they customized that back end to make a functional service to charge for.

•••
Where did you look when you hit the page? A lot of fixation points on that page, and that's a major killer for landing page conversions. One clear CTA will perform better in most cases. Of course this hypothesis should be tested.

thanks for feedback

you may be right
as I constantly evolve that page
I may lose some design aspects

but it made a Buy Now sale lately w/o communicating with me

and it had a US phone call
with a serious inquiry
serious- as we agreed on a lower price
sale- still not happend from that call

•••
I have had fake inquiries every week from UniRegistry, one of my best domains usually has offers from 30k to 100k, only one offer was not fake.

•••
I've seen more leads come in through Unireg but none have converted into sales thus far.

I've used Bodis, never got a lead (probably because I didn't own many names at the time).

-Omar

•••
i get alot of fake enquiries too, its so annoying :(
It's annoying when you get good offers on your domains and then you never get a single reply from them. IMO some people are doing it deliberately on Uniregistry to harm their reputation but it was so annoying that i have to move my domains back to Efty.

•••
When you say "conversions", are you talking about people clicking on ads or people actually buying your domain?

•••
When you say "conversions", are you talking about people clicking on ads or people actually buying your domain?

People actually buying the domains.

•••
I do have Efty account, just wanted to know whats the best kind of page that makes it easy for the end users to send offers or buy them directly. Plus I want to have detailed stats about the domains and also want to share it in some cases with the end users, in efty its kinda hard to achieve that.

@SpareDomains can you share the custom platform that you are using?

I use my own sales pages as complete control then but if ya don't wanna do your own sales site...

Bodis sales pages are free (I've made sales there as well)
Efty has a month free trial and then a reasonable monthly fee

So you can easily test between your own and those 2 alternates to see which drives more leads/sales. I list all my domains at Sedo, Afternic etc... but always direct the domains to my own sales pages as most leads come in from the domain page so no sense giving your leads away when you can avoid commissions, gain buyer info and route to Payoneer Escrow, Escrow.com etc... direct.

I avoid directing domains to markets as buyer needs to create an account to submit an offer, Your domains are buried with hundreds of thousands or millions of others, most markets have their own portfolios to sell so a conflict of interest as your leads are just powering their end user database/future profits instead of your own.

•••
I haven't used Efty so far so cannot say anything about their service.
I have used Uni and Bodis and I'm pretty much in the same boat with @creataweb and agreed with everything he said above.

I think Undeveloped has the most beautiful landing pages in the industry at the moment imo. Another important thing is that they offer monthly payments and I presume many potential buyers might choose this especially for the domains priced $x,xxx and above. I recently closed a sale where the buyer wanted to pay monthly, everything went fast and smooth, the lads at Undeveloped are really helpful.

DomainManage.com has beautiful landing pages as well, you may want to check them out.

Hope this helps...

DomainManage.com does look very nice! Does anyone know what technology they're using? WordPress? Another CMS? Or custom coded? Very slick!

•••
I know that the landing page they use is very similar to a script you can buy for around $25. The backend has way more options and features than the script itself though. Looks to be a combination of custom work mixed with that script.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've used this DM as well so that's how I know what the backend has.

@creataweb can you share the link of that script? That would be really helpful.

•••
•••
Yes that's the one.

You mentioned that there is a back-end (server side processing) doing stuff, since you've used it before - what functionality is going on in the back-end?

•••
Great points! Solid reasons why you shouldn't use these other services.

You really can't stress that last point enough to people!

you can use 3rd party marketplaces
Just don't send the domain traffic to them
so when they sell
They really deserve the commission

•••
bodis sucks, id stay away in my personal opinion

•••
Efty over the other two. But i have been using undeveloped.

I liked unis landers however. I got so many fake inquires and only sold 1 domain and i still havent been paid for it. :/ for $100 wasted alot of time there.

I sold the most at efty. But the prices werent as good as the offers i get at undeveloped. Also u ran into nameserver issues at efty. Also landing page theme issues

•••
I just discovered that the Bodis for sale landing pages are blocked when you have your ad blocker installed (Ad Block Plus). Not good!

Can't use them... will have to go to someone else. Does Efty show with Ad Block Plus installed? Others?

•••
•••
I want to thank NameClerk, for taking time out of his work day to check Uniregistry parking pages from his companies web software, and bad news the parking pages are being blocked, giving end users the warning that they are deemed unsafe. Good chance end users are not able, to get thru, or make offers.

Anyone know of any companies not blocked by Forcepoint?

ogcWUvR.png

ogcWUvR

Well add uniregistry to the list alongside Bodis of "for sale" landers we can't use. AdBlock Plus and companies internal software are blocking. Can't imagine using them if leads are being blocked. Sad that as Bodis is so easy to use/setup.

Guess I'm off to peruse the following... I'll have to test them to make sure they can get through
Emapge.me
Undeveloped
DomaHub
ToughDomains
Afternic
Sedo
Efty
DomainMarketPro

One can also park via NameSilo &/or GoDaddy (via InstantPage) but both would require registering and keeping names with those companies which may not work for some.

I'll report back on my findings re "for sale" pages hosted by 3rd parties (not wordpress or self-hosted solutions) that aren't blocked by Adblockers (and thus we can assume by internal company software either).

•••
@AGAME

The block pages are never seen by Google so you don't have to worry about that. The block page is served by the local Forcepoint server which is inside the firewall of the company using it.

The situation probably isn't as bad as one might think. Most companies probably don't restrict web usage for their executives (aka decision makers). It's more likely they only set restrictions for the rest of their staff to prevent them from wasting time and bandwidth on social media, entertainment, and streaming media sites.

Also, this isn't a new thing. Websense/Forcepoint has been around for several years. We started using it around 5 years ago.

•••
Uniregistry. Domain registrar and personal market with secure auction

•••
Besides Efty, Undeveloped, and DomainManage, has someone tried DomaHub.com ?

Want to start moving from parking to landing pages. What is the best option for commission-free, create your own marketplace site, and escrow/payment ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back