NameSilo

UDRP Bloomberg Finance L.P. v. Igor Gabrielan and his cat Bloomberg

Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
AdForum received a complaint from Bloomberg Finance L.P. about my domain name bloomberg.ai and is considering this complaint.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Decision here:

https://www.adrforum.com/DomainDecisions/2072420.htm

"B. Respondent

Respondent failed to submit a formal Response in this proceeding."

Whatever and whenever was sent to the UDRP provider, it didn't tick the boxes necessary for a Response compliant with the rules.

Simply firing off a pile of contentious jibber-jabber in reply to emails about a UDRP is not the same as actually filing a Response.

Clearly, Igor's cat needed representation at least sufficient to get a compliant Response filed.

The impact is that anyone who has their eye on a .ai domain name which the respondent owns, and who does research to find this case, will assume they can successfully pursue a UDRP because they will expect the respondent to default, and they can use this decision to tag the respondent as having prior been determined to be cybersquatting.

The registrar and registry thank you.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

•••
Will your cat go to court?
Bit late for that now.
So is the whole practice of registering similar domains looking for that Ransom payment. You do wonder why those that openly describe and operate as domainers just aren't clued-up on the changing landscape. It's not open season on business identities anymore. You can't even pretend not to know, Even the "Ignorance" response doesn't hack it. This is not day one of the internet and the rule book Educated people expect you to be educated in what is expected of a domain holder.

Disregarding the 'Operating Instructions' leads to all sorts of unhealthy risks

Last edited:
•••
naming (or possibly even re-naming) his pet guinea pig after (or in honor of) Colonel Sanders
Lol, i love it, this made me chuckle 😄

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back