Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I was thinking domainers and maybe registry representatives can post hints, current deals, and deals to come as Black Friday approaches! This can be a win win for domainers and registries. This can be a great on going thread if we contribute to it regularly making it easy to search for discounts and deals. As it can be hard and time consuming searching registry by registry for a wonderful promo in niche TLDs ccTLDS and GTLDs as some of them are only for a few days and even a few hours long. I'm thinking something like below. It doesn't have to be just like that but the more details the better. Happy Hunting

Who:Registry
Extension(s) with Original cost + Discount cost
When: Start and end date/time
Limit/Restrictions: 1 per account? / unlimited?

I just got an email from Whois.com so I'll post their promos:
Current Promo
.net promo $3.88
.Biz promo $5.48
.ME promo $4.88
.in promo $3.88
.CN promo $6.88
.US promo $4.88

Valid only from November 27th to November 30th!
.Space promo $1.58
.Website promo $1.58
.Site promo $1.58
.Online promo $5.88
.Tech promo $5.88
NOTE:
  • These special offers are applicable to the 1st Year of New Domain Registrations only.
  • Renewals, Transfers and Premium Registrations will not attract this special pricing.
  • There are no restrictions on the number of domains that can be registered through this promotion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From 101 domain
BlackFriday.png

•••
Are there any transfer specials? com/net/org- this would be an attractive sale.

•••
•••
•••
.co as well? I am actually aware of this one for-com/net/org.

Hoping for additional specials for Black Friday.

Yep, .co is also included.
This from their site:
*Transfer in .co, .com, .ca, .org and .net domains for just $3.99. Transfer fee covers the remaining time left on your domain's cycle
and an additional year. Limit of 20 transfers in per household. Save on your first year.
While supplies last, offer valid for first 2000 domains transferred in.

•••
.co as well? I am actually aware of this one for-com/net/org.

Hoping for additional specials for Black Friday.
Keep an eye on Namecheap they've done .99 cent transfers past Black Fridays / cyber Mondays.

•••
What does "while supplies last" reeeally mean for digital goods? ;)
(rhetorical question)

•••
Just scan the alpnames.com and find some new Gtlds are only $0.75 on Black Friday such as .party, .accountant, .download, .science etc. And .top is only $0.6 with mobik website builder and the Chinese extension .wang is only $ 7.99.

•••
Good job. Already watching this thread.

•••
Seems like all the big sales promos and deals these days are for the crap extensions no one else wants to buy.

•••
Seems like all the big sales promos and deals these days are for the crap extensions no one else wants to buy.
Didnt see any promo for .com so far

•••
•••
Znetlive.com will be offering $1 .com's (source) – anyone heard of them?

From the same link, Hostgator will be doing $2.99 domains (doesn't say which TLD's)

•••
•••
Live Promo- Just picked up a few
NameCheap.com ---> .COMs $5.88/year +ICAAN fee new registration

I believe should be lower Black Friday and Cyber Monday. But this isn't bad for now.

•••
What does "while supplies last" reeeally mean for digital goods? ;)
(rhetorical question)
Lots of registrars have a limit on the number of domains they will offer a special price for. Happens often.

•••
Live Promo- Just picked up a few
NameCheap.com ---> .COMs $5.88/year +ICAAN fee new registration

I believe should be lower Black Friday and Cyber Monday. But this isn't bad for now.
Is that for unlimited dot coms?

•••
Is that for unlimited dot coms?
I reg'd 20 at that price but heard someone say they did 25, so it's at least that many. Sometimes the promo price doesn't get shown/added so you might have to refresh the page to get the price. I had to refresh once to get the promo...

•••
UniRegistry also has some blackfriday specials:

"Save up to 94% from Nov. 26th-30th on some of your favorite new gTLDs like .tech, .click, .space, and more. Shop early and get the domain you want.

.blackfriday
was $39.88 now $4.00*
.christmas was $29.88 now $4.00*
.click was $6.88 now $2.00*
.gift was $19.88 now $3.00*
.global was $78.88 now $9.50*
.link was $9.88 now $2.00*
.ninja was $19.88 now $4.88**
.online was $37.88 now $4.49*
.rocks was $13.88 now $4.88**
.site was $29.88 now $1.50*
.space was $10.88 now $1.50*
.tech was $29.88 now $4.49*
.website was $24.88 now $1.50*
.xyz was $12.88 now $1.88*

*Prices valid November 26-30, 2015 on first year registrations only and excludes premium domain names, renewals, and transfers. **Prices valid November 27-30, 2015 on first year registrations only and excludes premium domain names, renewals, and transfers."

•••
Does anyone know of any deals on .io?

•••
None I've seen thus far for .io. They're an expensive option for domainers, relatively speaking. Hope there is one, though - had my eye on a few names.

Namecheap looks to be winning this: (from https://blog.namecheap.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-48-hours-of-deals-headed-your-way/)
Our annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday Blowout Bonanza is by far the best time to save the most on a whole spread of our domain, hosting and security products. Every hour during Black Friday Nov. 27, we’ll be offering two new terrific opportunities to save big, and we’ll do the same thing again on Cyber Monday, Nov. 30. Don’t see something that spins your wheel right away? Our handy deals tracker will be listing upcoming deals so you can jump on the ones you want as soon as they go live.

•••
•••
I will be checking namecheap and name.com mainly over today until Monday. should see a few deals.

•••
Apparently there will be a .com .net and .org transfer available during this day.

So far promotions have been somewhat uninteresting to say the least.

My advice to you:
  • prepare an eventual list of most valued domains older than 60 days that you want to transfer.
  • Include the Authorization Codes to fasten the process - you only have one hour per promotion, you must act fast, if you must ask for the auth code individually things might get complicated.
  • promotions reset "Per-household limits", so you might have several opportunities to save money.
Have a nice Black Friday!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back