NameSilo

.biz .BIZ - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Sales Report and Showcase Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Can we PLEASE devote a thread to .BIZ domains?!
They are actually REALLY beginning to take off IMHO! :cy:

Thanks!
Peter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have BIZINES.BIZ , I believe this one be as brandable as a .com.

•••
I have never had 1 inquiry on any of my 100+ BIZ domains, and I've had some pretty good dictionary ones. I've mostly dropped them all in the last year apart from about a dozen short (xx, xxx, xxxx) domains, and a few more for brand protection purposes. For me BIZ is as dead as the Dodo. I would say this extension is as bad an investment as .WS. At least I've had 1 inquiry for one of my 100+ .WS domains (which was agreed but never completed). Also my .WS domains mostly dropped too now. I'm trying to get to ZERO with both extensions within the next year. Let somebody else enjoy the hollow expectations.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have never had 1 inquiry on any of my 100+ BIZ domains, and I've had some pretty good dictionary ones. I've mostly dropped them all in the last year apart from about a dozen short (xx, xxx) domains, and a few more for brand protection purposes. For me BIZ is as dead as the Dodo. I would say this extension is as bad an investment as .WS. At least I've had 1 inquiry for one of my 100+ .WS domains (which was agreed but never completed). Also my .WS domains mostly dropped too now. I'm trying to get to ZERO with both extensions within the next year.

i think your doing yourself and wallet big favor.

there are tons of nice quality .biz domains dropping daily on expired site
keywords that'd not drop in say org net etc..

this alone tells you a lot about extension and its situation

sure now and then you'll get lucky with some sale.. most of it will be say high XX.. or low XXX.. but that's hardly enough to cover renewals of holding enough .biz domains to get you those occasional lucky sales.

a month or so ago godaddy had a 1$ biz promo
I ran a final test on this extension before I leave it for good.. for around $150 I bnought around 150 domains.. 2/3 of it was LLL.biz .. whatver was left available on expired site at that time.. rest was just a quick list of decent single keywords.. if I do not even menage to recover the $150 for this list.. that'll be the end of it for me. and even if I do, it's still never be worth owning these 150 domains for the full $8 or so price.. so say around 1k for all 150 of them.

so either way, .biz is doomed.

even some pretty good crypto domains.. hottest trend around.. don't seem to sell in .biz! :)
even .info, anotehr not so great extension, beats ,biz hands down.. I sold two crypto .info domains this year for around 2k total.

cheers

•••
•••
.biz is def not dead! I bought tokens dot biz a few weeks ago and 3 days after buying it had an offer for 7.5x what I paid.

•••
.biz is def not dead! I bought tokens dot biz a few weeks ago and 3 days after buying it had an offer for 7.5x what I paid.

that does not make .biz not dead.
.biz is as dead as dead can be.

it just means there is a handful of exceptions.. liek crypto.biz etc

but even then, you have to be careful not to overpay.. something like crypto.biz etc.

•••
You're right! The offer was only 1% of what the .com just went for lol... but the tld still has fairly decent recognition among the general public. It may not be as good as .io but it's def better than most of the new tlds.

•••
You're right! The offer was only 1% of what the .com just went for lol... but the tld still has fairly decent recognition among the general public. It may not be as good as .io but it's def better than most of the new tlds.

well.. anything is better than most ngtlds.. so that doesn't really count. :)

but definitely go for com/org/net/info/co/io (no particular order) before yuo consider .biz

and a handful of sales or offers on hottest trends like crypto change nothing to the big picture. which is that biz is simply dead.

cheers.
gl with your domain. I know a guy who bought token.biz.. he's np memebr too. not sure if he sold or got offers.

•••
You're right! The offer was only 1% of what the .com just went for lol...

I would LOVE to sell my .biz for 1% of .com equivalent. Most .biz nowadays go much lower. Some even as low as 0.01% of .com price.

•••
Branding entrepreneurship Vs Domain trading.
Probably all dependent on ppl with visions unfortunately are less than 1% and hence not to be time wasted with expectations.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'd imagine that Motels.com might be worth $500k. Biz was sold for $30 in 2017.

•••
I think currently .BIZ is having around 2 million registrations.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I sold Sunday//biz at 2,000 USD and Manager//biz at 2,500 USD in 2016.

•••
I have 2 character .biz >> B3 (.biz)

•••
I'd imagine that Motels.com might be worth $500k. Biz was sold for $30 in 2017.
It was acquired by another domainer... as GoDaddy's expire.

•••
•••
I keep natural//biz and smile//biz only

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back