Dynadot

Bitcoin Escrow Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone here know or recommend a good Bitcoin escrow service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As I know - Epik works with Bitcoins...

•••
What is a safe process if you don't use a Bitcoin escrow service?

•••
As I know - Epik works with Bitcoins...

Will epik provide Bitcoin escrow service for GoDaddy to GoDaddy transaction or do we have to transfer the domain to epik registrar

•••
•••
I offer domain and website escrow services with Bitcoin.
My escrow fee is 1%.
I will receive Bitcoins from the buyer and will send Bitcoins to the seller after the buyer's confirmation on domain ownership. I will wait for 6 confirmations on the Bitcoin transfer that was sent to me by the buyer and then I will send the Bitcoins to the seller (after deducting my 1% fee). BTC sending fees are paid by the seller and buyer. Duration of the escrow mostly depends on BTC confirmation time and it depends on BTC fee paid by the buyer. In case of seller and buyer agree on a slow transfer, I will take extra 1% fee for each month. In any case my service will finish in 2 months by releasing the Bitcoins that I hold as escrow.

Bitcoin escrow services are given by individuals. My offer is not unusual. However people are free to trust me. I have about 15 years experience in domain and website transfers. I am familiar with Bitcoin as well.

Last edited:
•••
I'm hoping that SegWit will provide an escrow facility with the use of triple signatures. You will still need a trusted arbitrator, but it will not require multiple transactions or the transfer of the domain name other than between buyer and seller.

•••
I'm hoping that SegWit will provide an escrow facility with the use of triple signatures. You will still need a trusted arbitrator, but it will not require multiple transactions or the transfer of the domain name other than between buyer and seller.

Ditto dude... waiting patiently for that as well.... I reckon once that happens then some of the reputable payment processors will adopt bitcoin and act as trusted arbitrators. Really hope this happens soon...

•••
Namesilo marketplace accepts bitcoin. Their fee is 7.5% (no minimum) and the domain must be transferred to namesilo if currently not registered with namesilo. Bitcoin escrow services by individuals are cheaper and faster, but less secure compared to a well known registrar.

•••
Given the reports about escrow.com, that may not be completely true.

Also, Bitcoin would appear to be the only payment method that will have an escrow facility built into the transfer process. I know that other payment services offer escrow, but that is an addon to the transfer, and not a part of the transfer mechanism.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back