Dynadot

Free bitcoin domain name escrow via multisig technology

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vladlondon

Impact
Hi,

I am a domain name professional with 18 years experience and I will be offering free multisig domain name escrow services via bitrated.com.

If you are buying or selling a domain name for bitcoin you can use the bitcoin multisig feature that is essentially an automated escrow service. If both parties confirm the transaction, the bitcoin payment goes through directly from buyer to seller through the bitcoin transaction system blockchain. No third parties ever hold the money. It's only when there's a dispute between buyer and seller the neutral adjudicator (that would be me) gets involved.

How it works:

At start of the transaction both buyer and seller agree who will be the neutral third party to adjudicate should a dispute arise between them.

All the three parties then create a 2-of-3 multisig bitcoin address. Any 2 of 3 signatures are required to spend funds from that address. If the domain transaction goes smoothly, both buyer and seller sign the payment to the seller and the transaction is completed. If a dispute arises, the neutral decides the outcome - money goes to seller or buyer gets a refund etc., and then signs off the payment with together the winning party.

I am happy to serve as neutral for your transactions. I do not get control of the funds at any point. If your transaction goes as planned, I do not get involved and you spend nothing for the escrow. If you start a dispute, I help you to resolve it charging a nominal fee of 1% (min. 0.03 BTC).

Why am I doing that? Because I am a bitcoin enthusiast and I feel that my expertise in both domain names and bitcoin can help both communities.

How to proceed with your domain trade:

Initiate a trade at https://www.bitrated.com/trade/new?agent=vladlondon. My consent is not necessary, and your trade will be started as soon as both parties confirm.

You can check my professional credentials at https://uk.linkedin.com/in/vladdottel. I am recommended by top managers of several major domain businesses such as GoDaddy and CentralNic.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good stuff, Kudos to you for getting this kicked off.

I'm a Bitcoin enthusiast as well and am looking forward to the day when bitcoin will become the norm for domain trading payments. :)

I've sent you a Linkedin invite as well ....

Last edited:
•••
up..

any people use bitrated.com ?
is this site trust ?

•••
Anyone use this? I want to try

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back