IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

Eaddyboy95

Established Member
Impact
As a domainer, how effective is BIN on selling your domain or do you make more sale via make offer, I am curious to know or is it only when you're not sure of the value that you leave it on make offer by potential buyer or do you short change yourself when you set BIN price on your word

I want to get insight knowledge and also know what sales method has been working well for and from experienced domainers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks a simple question but really a complicated one, it comprise of your niche, strategies, store front, personal reputations...etc.
I believe it's not a first thread in NP and someone professional seller will answer you here.
My experience is even you put BIN for 10k you still will get low $xxx make offers from end users unless you remove the make offer function.

Last edited:
•••
I love @AbdulBasit.com’s take on this,

There is no β€œright” β€œwrong” way, but i agree with his experience the most.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Make offer leaves a wide open field for the domain owner to make his decisions when seriously approached not before. It also allows for you to go along with the natural flow of a domains hotness or not in real time while remaining non commital.

What is the next big thing is unknown so if you leave your options open you have more choices in making a decision in real time. Things can change very quickly in this business based on current events, trends, etc.

Holding your cards close to the vest is probably a wiser choice unless we are talking about low quality domains that you just want gone. Ultimately it depends on your goals and the names themselves.

•••
I'd say put both, BIN with make offer option.

•••
Simple answer in my case is BIN with make offer. Some people recognize, if you have properly priced your names, the BIN is a fair price. I include the make offer link in case I have a lot of renewals and/or my pantry is getting sparse...I might make a deal if so! :xf.smile:

•••
This question has been answered countless times here. A bit of search would do better instead. There are long threads full of insight in the matter.

•••
IMHO, BIN + Make offer is the reasonable one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back