NameSilo

poll Better Success with BIN or "Make Offer"? $10 award for best feedback.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I have had more success (better ROI overall) over with

• 84 votes
  • Ended 6 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
Have you had more success slapping BIN prices on your domains, or do you generate a better ROI overall by leaving "make offer"?

We have heard many times Sedo & Afternic listing the various benefits of BIN-priced names in the sweet-spot ($1K-$5K range). In practice, do you find you do better with fixed prices or "make offer"?

$10 PayPal payment will go to the most complete answer based on past experiences over time.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't give them a chance to think about it. Make Offer gives them time to think. People looking for a name are more likely to Impulse purchase a name because they are actually looking for a name at that exact moment in time. Give them the chance to "pull the trigger" and they probably will.

•••
I agree. NameFind/HugeDomains have it down to a science/art (+2,000,000 domains at fixed prices). Best option for residual cashflow.
The higher sales velocity (more sales generated by instant BIN purchases) more than makes up for the apparent $$ you “leave on the table” on the outlier sales - producing more profit long-term.

Of course high-end premiums should be left on “make-offer”.

Last edited:
•••
I find bin in marketplaces to work the best especially sedo afternic & brand sites. On landing pages I like make offer better especially if your willing to negotiate a little

•••
at sedo when you set a bin without a minimum amount it gets listed as bin with a best offer option. how does that format work for people? also, when you set a bin should it be set with a minimum (sometimes the bin itself) or let sedo include the best offer option. btw, if you are feeling a bit nosey, feel free click on my signature and snoop around.

Last edited:
•••
at sedo when you set a bin without a minimum amount it gets listed as bin with a best offer option. how does that format work for people? also, when you set a bin should it be set with a minimum (sometimes the bin itself) or let sedo include the best offer option. btw, if you are feeling a bit nosey, feel free click on my signature and snoop around.

I opted-in at sedo to have an "or best offer" option when using BIN
thats was not the default several years ago

so maybe you can opt-out
talk to your rep

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back