Bin Laden Dead?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dgridley

Top Member
Impact
616
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Personally, I feel that will be a trend eventually followed by the majority of these types of groups...

And thanks for your insight and bits of info.

And as a sidenote: Ahmadinejad is correct when he says they do not need an atomic bomb. They have something much more powerful in my opinion: they are believers in their own destiny. Americans have strong opinions but they are a bit weak generally when it comes to believing. :) If that weren't true, we'd be seeing more American suicide bombers.


qwhois said:
Footnote: The IRA is disarming the last I heard.
 
0
•••
HHDomains said:
So what is it then? A war on Al Queada?
Al Queada didn't exist in Iraq until the US invaded. Why did the US choose to invade Iraq and call it a war on terror?
Why does Bush insist on calling it a war on terror when terrorist numbers have tripled every year of his presidency since he invaded Iraq?

I didn't say it was a war on al-qaeda, but I get where you are coming from.

Everyone knows why the US and some western partners invaded Iraq without UN backing, to get their company's into a very lucrative market involving (mainly) oil.

It has back-fired on the US though as the country cannot be secured. It would appear the country is going to pitch itself into civil war with shias and sunnis battling it out for the control of the resources. The kurds live in a practically free, peaceful, semi-autonomous region in the north, which no-one around it likes the idea of.

My personal opinion is that Iran is stirring some stuff up to get a civil war going, as soon as a civil war starts, America has NO CHOICE but to leave, they cannot pick a side to protect, it would alienate a whole raft of Islam that follows that certain sect. This would then open the flood gates to Iranian (and possibly Syrian) infiltration and allow them to get a puppet government in power, who would then control the resources.

Al-qaeda is in Iraq, that is for sure, but I don't think they are the main causes of violence and bloodshed, I think the main contributor is sectarian violence.

On another note in the "War on Terror", the US is getting a bit more active in the area of Governments who Sponser or allow terrorism to take place, i.e. Iran and Hezbollah, Cuba, Venezula, The Taliban in Afghanistan...

I believe the reason the US didn't call for a ceasefire in the recent Lebanese conflict is that they supply arms to Israel for HUGE sums of money, the more they use, the more they buy, right? And the more they destroy, the more someone has to rebuild in Lebanon right? So who might put their hand up and take that opportunity I wonder...

In response to dgridley:

The biggest contributor to terrorism aimed at the USA is infact home-grown. Fact D-: (take the Oklahoma bombing as the biggest example) They just don't blow themselves up I guess!
 
0
•••
qwhois said:
I didn't say it was a war on al-qaeda, but I get where you are coming from.

Everyone knows why the US and some western partners invaded Iraq without UN backing, to get their company's into a very lucrative market involving (mainly) oil.

It has back-fired on the US though as the country cannot be secured. It would appear the country is going to pitch itself into civil war with shias and sunnis battling it out for the control of the resources. The kurds live in a practically free, peaceful, semi-autonomous region in the north, which no-one around it likes the idea of.

My personal opinion is that Iran is stirring some stuff up to get a civil war going, as soon as a civil war starts, America has NO CHOICE but to leave, they cannot pick a side to protect, it would alienate a whole raft of Islam that follows that certain sect. This would then open the flood gates to Iranian (and possibly Syrian) infiltration and allow them to get a puppet government in power, who would then control the resources.

Al-qaeda is in Iraq, that is for sure, but I don't think they are the main causes of violence and bloodshed, I think the main contributor is sectarian violence.

On another note in the "War on Terror", the US is getting a bit more active in the area of Governments who Sponser or allow terrorism to take place, i.e. Iran and Hezbollah, Cuba, Venezula, The Taliban in Afghanistan...

I believe the reason the US didn't call for a ceasefire in the recent Lebanese conflict is that they supply arms to Israel for HUGE sums of money, the more they use, the more they buy, right? And the more they destroy, the more someone has to rebuild in Lebanon right? So who might put their hand up and take that opportunity I wonder...

In response to dgridley:

The biggest contributor to terrorism aimed at the USA is infact home-grown. Fact D-: (take the Oklahoma bombing as the biggest example) They just don't blow themselves up I guess!

The problem with your Israel theory is that the arms Israel buys are purchased with American money. ie: The 3 billion dollars in "aid" the US provides them each year.

Also, I'm not convinced that oil is at issue with the bush invasion. I think it is far, far more basic than that. I think it's a simple vendetta.
Bush Jr. never got over the fact that Saddam tried to assassinate his father and he wanted revenge. That is why he took his eye off the ball in the real war against terrorism.
Bush had plans on invading Iraq long before September 11, 2001. He just used the events as an excuse.

Iran is a non issue. At least they were until bush weakened their only real deterrent, which was Iraq. Now Iran can run around at will saying and doing as they please.
That being said, there is absolutely no evidence of Iran having any desire to have a nuclear weapons program. The so called "evidence" that the bush administration has presented has been debunked, just like the so called evidence prior to the invasion of Iraq was debunked before bush sent troops in.
 
0
•••
This has gone from a thread about the possible death of bin Laden, to an anti-American Bush bashing best. Can't say I'm surprised.
 
0
•••
I guess my point is: depending on who's doing the talking, some will see these guys as terrorists, some as nationalists, some as religious extremists, and some as patriots...

I think some could call it delusional but when someone is willing to blow themselves up for something they believe in (home grown variety hasn't ventured into that territory yet), I'm more apt to wonder what motivates this person and why do they believe so strongly they are in the right. It's an eye-opener.. it makes me realize that there are definitely other viewpoints we should consider.

I'm not defending it, just saying that's where their strength is coming from.

qwhois said:
In response to dgridley:

The biggest contributor to terrorism aimed at the USA is infact home-grown. Fact D-: (take the Oklahoma bombing as the biggest example) They just don't blow themselves up I guess!

It has kinda gotten off the subject.. but I don't really consider myself a Bush basher OR anti-American.. I'm a right wing "friend with benefits".. someone who's willing to see both sides without blindly jumping off a cliff just because it might be the "American way". It's not wrong to question or dissent.. that's what this country was built on.

Just because Bush is not may favorite president doesn't make me un-American.. if that was all it took, we wouldn't need to vote.

To get back ON the subject, I wouldn't be surprised if Bin Laden was dead or not.. I personally think we could have found him alot sooner if we hadn't spent all this time and effort in Iraq (note: no WMD's found and no Iraqi ties to Al Qaeda)...

This should be an interesting interview by the way.. here's a link to the transcript (Bill Clinton - Mike Wallace on FoxNews):

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/22/clinton-fox/



Isaac1 said:
This has gone from a thread about the possible death of bin Laden, to an anti-American Bush bashing best. Can't say I'm surprised.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Isaac1 said:
This has gone from a thread about the possible death of bin Laden, to an anti-American Bush bashing best. Can't say I'm surprised.


Can't say I'm surprised that some bush apologist would show up with a useless post that adds nothing to the conversation. Stay the course big fella.
Just keep drinking that kool aid.
 
0
•••
I myself won't believe hes dead till theres a body which is confrimed by medical professionals of his death, then party time.
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
Personally, I've believed that he's been dead for quite some time ... :blink:



Agreed. :imho:

oh how i hope your right jeff :tu:

qwhois said:
It wouldn't matter if he was dead or alive though, this "War on Terror" is not a war on a sole body of people, cultures or (unbelieveably) religions, it's just a way for America to get rid of it's enemies, pure and simple. They'll continue fighting anti-western idology until it goes away. Sad thing is it won't. America just makes it worse!

Belief that killing Bin laden will suddenly end anti-western feeling and / or action is naive. Osama is not the King of anyone, his subjects won't suddenly lay down their arms and go back to their ordinary lives. This isn't the middle ages anymore, this is guerilla warfare on an unbelieveable scale. You won't get rid of it until you get rid of the reason behind it, or the thing they are fighting for.

I totally disagree....it was bin laden who ordered his men to crash planes in to our towers...Therefore....bin laden is the most wanted man in america...and his cowards of the taliban...They are the culprits....they are the ones who will pay....
 
Last edited:
0
•••
-X- said:
I totally disagree....it was bin laden who ordered his men to crash planes in to our towers...Therefore....bin laden is the most wanted man in america...and his cowards of the taliban...They are the culprits....they are the ones who will pay.


Bin Laden is the most wanted man?????????????????

Why is it then that there were 160,000 americans looking for a lame duck in Iraq and only a few thousand americans pretending to "hunt" Bin Laden?
 
0
•••
I have to agree there.. even Clinton has said as much.


HHDomains said:
Bin Laden is the most wanted man?????????????????

Why is it then that there were 160,000 americans looking for a lame duck in Iraq and only a few thousand americans pretending to "hunt" Bin Laden?
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
I have to agree there.. even Clinton has said as much.

is clinton credable?? I don't think so....biggest turd sniffer of a president we ever had imo.

HHDomains said:
Bin Laden is the most wanted man?????????????????

Why is it then that there were 160,000 americans looking for a lame duck in Iraq and only a few thousand americans pretending to "hunt" Bin Laden?

My suggestion....Stop listening to the media....There is no way intelligence will be leaked into what is going on with the hunt for binladen and his taliban...
 
0
•••
msfedxx said:
I myself won't believe hes dead till theres a body which is confrimed by medical professionals of his death, then party time.

Party time? lol nah then will come something worse xD well for some countries with the main target america.. w00t
 
0
•••
qwhois said:
Footnote: The IRA is disarming the last I heard.


They disbanded about a year ago and has been recognized by the independent monitoring commission.
 
0
•••
Last edited:
0
•••
I don't think he died :( Maybe he just picked up an Ak47 :lol:
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
-X- said:
is clinton credable?? I don't think so....biggest turd sniffer of a president we ever had imo.

Based on what?
What did Clinton fail to do during his presidency?
Oh wait, this is just a foolish comment by someone who can't think outside the right wing agenda.


-X- said:
My suggestion....Stop listening to the media....There is no way intelligence will be leaked into what is going on with the hunt for binladen and his taliban...

What does the media have to do with anything?
When will you bush apologizers figure out that your blame the media campaign isn't working?

I don't need the media to tell me that after 5 years Bin Laden is still free to plot more terrorist acts against the West.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I am taking a class called 'Crises in American Politics'. It is basically about terrorism. I have to keep track of articles. Thank you for point this one out to me!
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back