Dynadot

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MicroGuy said:
This sounds like a blast. But the one domain per day concept won't work. If you can correct that important flaw, you should have a winner on your hands. Best of luck, I'm now a registered member. Cheers.

+2

You'll end up going higher so you might as well make the change now. Good idea base though.

•••
I'm getting used to it still! ;)

-Bill

•••
MicroGuy said:
This sounds like a blast. But the one domain per day concept won't work. If you can correct that important flaw, you should have a winner on your hands. Best of luck, I'm now a registered member. Cheers.
I understands that it is quite likely to evolve toward more than just one domain per day. On the other hand, there shouldn't be too many, otherwise it would look like any other marketplace. Half-a-dozen per day, maybe?

•••
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, we are listening! Many of these ideas are either built or in the works already, and you will see them come onto the site in time.
Keep the feedback coming, it's very much appreciated.

•••
I like the 1-domain-a-day idea - kind of like the Woot of the domain world (and Woot seems to be getting lots of positive feedback at the moment).

Like others have said, though, it's unfortunate that the domain chosen for launch day has been shot down in flames by the expert panel on the home page - I too would've expected a better one for relaunch day! Here's hoping everything goes well for Bido, nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the event later today!

:tu:

Last edited:
•••
mmm, Nice look...the colours remind me of Black Cherry - Yum :)

Looking forward to following Bido as it grows, wishing you all success :tu:

•••
Yes - it's a pretty shameless spin off Woot.com.

Classic example of a mediocre idea with a powerful marketing force behind it - IMHO.

•••
•••
Already at $ 480 - going fast, congratulations! An auspicious start for Bido's relaunch!

Ended at $ 810, not bad at all!

•••
Winning bid of $810... Holy crap!

•••
Curious, was it someone in this thread who won? I just took another look at my portfolio and it looks like I'm RICH. :D

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It sold for more than reg fee?
Okay, now this site has my attention.

•••
Nice looking template ... Cool colors :)

•••
Great skin! Perfectly arranged with NP :tu:

Will register in the coming days.

M.

•••
my feedback is to move the time of the daily auction back 90 minutes. that would put it ahead of snapnames and namejet. it would add more west coast, u.s. bidders imho.

nice sale this morning!

•••
Hey this BIDO site is pretty good looking!!

I wonder how much seller had bought equitygrants.com for.

Bob

•••
Congrats guys/gals, great start/sale :)

Im sure many people are bitting their tongue right about now lol

•••
Tippy said:
Im sure many people are bitting their tongue right about now lol

More likely scratching their heads. (:guilty:)

•••
HuntingMoon said:
my feedback is to move the time of the daily auction back 90 minutes. that would put it ahead of snapnames and namejet. it would add more west coast, u.s. bidders imho.

nice sale this morning!

The idea was to start the Auction at 1pm Eastern time. That's part of the whole "1" thing going on with the platform.

Congrats Bido team for the return auction and sale of the domain ;)!

•••
The first one ended pretty well considering the Industry Comments ... and for the first auction after re-launch.

I'm hoping it all works out for you guys Jarred - We need all the active Sales venues we can get ;)

Will be watching -

•••
Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one.

Brad

MicroGuy said:
More likely scratching their heads. (:guilty:)

•••
EquityGrant.com SOLD for US $810.00. Congrats on the successful relaunch, Bido Team!

Best wishes that the rest of your auctions go this well.

RJ

•••
Shocking result.

Names submitted, perhaps the insanity will continue at least another 2 weeks or so until I can get a name up there!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back