IT.COM

Bido.com Is Back!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
About two hours ago I received a Like request to join a Bido.com Facebook fan page.

So what does this mean? It means that Bido is back!

I have personally confirmed with an unnamed source that Bido will be coming back soon. In fact, another domainer on Facebook has already pointed out that a new domain is pending votes.
Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sounds cool if it happens, i figured they were not done with it since they didnt park the name lol

•••
I am pretty excited about this as I made a lot of money through the Bido system. Unfortunately, someone just submitted a bunch of trademark .EU domains on Bido...even before the new owners say anything about the site/domain. Yeah, that needs to stop.

•••
Wow! I'll have to take a look as I was about to use Bido and then it disappeared.

•••
cool! more places for us to sell our domains..:)

•••
should have not went down in the first place.
a simple re-evaluation of the site should have been enough for them to fix the problem!
:imho:

•••
as awful as before, will be shut down again soon,

•••
as awful as before, will be shut down again soon,

haha well if they cut they're entire staff they will not need to shut down really.
that was the main problem I think they were losing money somehow.
It should not take too many people to run bido seriously!
:bah:

•••
In absolute seriousness, I don't see how BIDO required more than 2 full-time workers.

Anyway, I still have my share of domains and I'm eager to give BIDO another shot :)

haha well if they cut they're entire staff they will not need to shut down really.
that was the main problem I think they were losing money somehow.
It should not take too many people to run bido seriously!
:bah:

•••
•••
Thanks for the rep points, guys!

I'm too very excited about this, since this is the first time I'll be using it!

•••
i sold few names last time so its good news for me :D

•••
Hi everybody, it's true, Bido is back.
We're excited to continue where we left off. Most of what you know about the Bido website remains the same, all the way up to some of the people behind the scenes still remain the same, including yours truly. :)
We will be implementing some new changes and trying new things as we go along. More announcements to follow on our Facebook page, on our new blog, and in an upcoming newsletter to registered members.

I would also like to mention that all of the feedback over the past few months has been really nice to read, all comments were appreciated and suggestions taken seriously. We build Bido with the community in mind and so your thoughts mean a lot to us.. all the way up to those here on this thread. @cmason, regarding the domains that are submitted, our position on that has not changed since previously. Bido is not a judge as to what one will do with a domain, and we elaborated on that a bit last year.

Well, we missed you and its great to be getting back into motion. Thanks for your support and the opportunity to discuss these things. See you in the auctions.

Regards,
Jarred

•••
Hey Jarred, glad to hear that the community will still be heavily involved in deciding what goes to auction. While I have issues with some of the domains, you know I'll be voting on those that I feel will sell. :)

Welcome back!!

•••
•••
Good news ... and glad to hear it. I sold a few
and bought a couple on BiDO.

Hoping you guys/gals bounce back with great
success.

Hi everybody, it's true, Bido is back.
We're excited to continue where we left off. Most of what you know about the Bido website remains the same, all the way up to some of the people behind the scenes still remain the same, including yours truly. :)
We will be implementing some new changes and trying new things as we go along. More announcements to follow on our Facebook page, on our new blog, and in an upcoming newsletter to registered members.

I would also like to mention that all of the feedback over the past few months has been really nice to read, all comments were appreciated and suggestions taken seriously. We build Bido with the community in mind and so your thoughts mean a lot to us.. all the way up to those here on this thread. @cmason, regarding the domains that are submitted, our position on that has not changed since previously. Bido is not a judge as to what one will do with a domain, and we elaborated on that a bit last year.

Well, we missed you and its great to be getting back into motion. Thanks for your support and the opportunity to discuss these things. See you in the auctions.

Regards,
Jarred

•••
Welcome back Bido!
Nice to see your business active again!

•••
Thanks for your support everyone, really nice to be back into welcome arms. We are here for you and committed to making Bido better than ever. If any NP'ers here ever need anything, just give me a shout.
There's a new model on our homepage btw, fully clothed.

•••
Wow I am really happy to see bido back.... going to login now and do some voting and see if I can submit some names..

•••
Yay! Welcome back, Bido.

•••
•••
Great news, welcome back Bido :)

Can finally use my wealth of unused bido credits :D and have submitted a whole bunch of domains already hehe

Increasing the Bido Minimum Price to $38 is a very good idea, I think this will give the system additional health on the long run.

Jarred, most Bido Users have no voting points anymore (only the ones that paid for them), a good idea to kick start bido again would be to send everyone a couple voting points, if I remember right you used to send 2000 complementary voting points every 1st of the month.. This is needed now already :)

•••
im glad Bido is back, wish them all the success and hope they can survive

•••
Erdinc said:
Jarred,
Is there an official namepros thread where we can submit feedback?

On this page:
bido.com/Auctions
1. I would like to see a column for "Starting bid"
2. another column for "BidoPrice"
3. my pre-bid
4. I would like that table to be sortable for each column title.
5. I would like to see some filtering options such as extension.
6. When submitting a domain I would like it to ask what language the domain is. A few known languages and another option that says "none" will do.
7. I would like to see a language column on that page (bido.com/Auctions page)

8. Also I would suggest to use "Reserve" instead "BidoPrice". It is one less thing newcomers need to learn.

9. Let's say I'm interested in dot com domains that start with "logo". However I'm only interested in high quality domains. The voting system is a great tool to sort quality domains from the rest.
I want to subscribe to email notifications for logo***.com type domains that are voted high quality by other domainers.

Thanks
Erdinc
Hi Erdinc,
Feedback means a lot to us, so we setup this page to organize and prioritize the ideas, and allow you to see what has been suggested and how strongly the community is voting for those ideas: http://www.bido.com/Feedback You can vote up the other ideas people suggested to show your support for them.

So, thank you for your suggestions. The /Auctions page is an old page that we left on the site but what replaced it were the tabs on the homepage. So we dont plan to do much at /Auctions as most of the development went towards the tabs UI, which is still being worked on.
You could visit the Auction tabs, and in the lower right corner of each tab is an icon where you can download a csv of the data in that table and it will give you nearly all of what you are looking for aside from the Language fields.

If /Auctions is important to you however, you could write your ideas on our feedback page so we can prioritize them.
The filtering capability and most of the other things are already offered on the auction tabs. You can filter by extension by typing in the tld field.
We also do plan to revisit the whole "BidoPrice" label and simplify that as you said. This is one thing we already plan to do.
A "Watchlist" is something we also plan to introduce and we'll be able to use the data like what appears in our Interest Gauges to allow you to really fine tune the items that you are notified that may be of interest to you.
We have a lot to get to to overhaul some of the things we identified that could be improved so it will be a race against the clock, but we're on it. Keep the feedback coming and I hope I addressed your points. Happy to discuss more and thanks for your support.

Regards,
Jarred

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Great news, welcome back Bido :)

Can finally use my wealth of unused bido credits :D and have submitted a whole bunch of domains already hehe

Increasing the Bido Minimum Price to $38 is a very good idea, I think this will give the system additional health on the long run.

Jarred, most Bido Users have no voting points anymore (only the ones that paid for them), a good idea to kick start bido again would be to send everyone a couple voting points, if I remember right you used to send 2000 complementary voting points every 1st of the month.. This is needed now already :)

Thanks, this is under review. One of the things that allows us to balance quality of listings is how many complimentary voting points we give out. So we aim to find the best balance for all. You can certainly your Bido Credits and exchange them for some voting points in the meantime. You earn back whatever you vote for if it sells, plus a lot more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back