IT.COM

discuss Bidding Battle with 913932 aka Huge Domains

NameSilo
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0002.png

Was bidding on a domain and ended up going head to head with Bidder 913932 aka Huge Domains.

I figured if I just posted there would be skeptics who would not believe me, so here is the evidence.

Huge Domain bid $1255 USD for CanadianRed.com
I had to go to $1,280 to get the domain.

By comparisons you can see the domain one above I picked up for $12 bucks.

I posted this for all the folks that keep saying Huge Domain bots stop bidding at $150-$250

There you have the evidence.... they have definitely increased the amounts they are bidding at.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hugedomains is literally shotting every domain that im bidding to a few hundred, how did you manage to win for $12? :xf.eek:

•••
they have definitely increased the amounts they are bidding at

I'd rephrase it: they have definitely increased the amounts others are bidding at.

Maybe they receive a bounty for doing this. In other words, what if they receive a revshare from $1,280 you paid ? Nothing illegal here, some auctions do compensate 2nd highest bidders (ICANN when they auctioned new gtld strings, for example...) And so HD may be "celebrating" now. You too (sort of). No solid proof, just a conspiracy theory, this post is not intended to accuse anybody.

I did not check recent HD patterns, but, at some point of time, they used GD valuations and posted bids around 8%-10% of that value. GD tool gives Estimated Value: $2,587 (USD) for canadianred.com, so their $1255 max. is little too high for the above scheme imo.

Last edited:
•••
I've actually had a pretty good day running up the amount my opposition had to pay to win today. A couple of true dogs got bid up to 300. It is just something I do for fun...I love it when the bots go crazy bidding against me for a name that will never sell!

BTW, although I have no evidence, it seems that if a bid gets to the 250-300 level a human might get tagged in to oversee. As with your name above, it has good value...well above 300. For some reason I imagine someone with a stack of empty red bully cans on the floor at their feet are actively bidding/evaluating. Maybe one day a whistle blower will come here to confirm or deny...

•••
HD are bidding low 4 figures regularly now. I had to pay nearly $1500 for one recently against them.

•••
•••
i dont mean to derail thread @MapleDots;

HD is also; 913933

Last edited:
•••
I mainly wanted to say welcome back @MapleDots - was so happy when noticed you had posted.

Do the other big operations have recognized bots, or just HD?

Bob

•••
Welcome back, Canadian red sounds like a great beer name.🍻

•••
Show attachment 167712
Was bidding on a domain and ended up going head to head with Bidder 913932 aka Huge Domains.

I figured if I just posted there would be skeptics who would not believe me, so here is the evidence.

Huge Domain bid $1255 USD for CanadianRed.com
I had to go to $1,280 to get the domain.

By comparisons you can see the domain one above I picked up for $12 bucks.

I posted this for all the folks that keep saying Huge Domain bots stop bidding at $150-$250

There you have the evidence.... they have definitely increased the amounts they are bidding at.

That is 50% of GD valuation EXACTLY ($2587 as of now)... Still looks robotic, but apparently needs a manual override for an "exceptional". Not sure what is special with this. As google seems to primarily associate with red cross and that will be hard to overcome in branding. Plus, maybe, canadian red book is there as a potential suitor, although I doubt it.

•••
That is 50% of GD valuation EXACTLY ($2587 as of now)... Still looks robotic, but apparently needs a manual override for an "exceptional". Not sure what is special with this. As google seems to primarily associate with red cross and that will be hard to overcome in branding. Plus, maybe, canadian red book is there as a potential suitor, although I doubt it.
There is a website using the hyphenated version......to promote their brand of cranberry juice

•••
Why not play the HD game against HD. Any domain HD is likely to bid, let us Bid up and let them run out if their budget. They are a Huge Company, surely they work on predefined budgets every qtr

•••
i dont think its bidding them up, emotion kills.

but a I posted a while back, every dollar they underspend becuase we leave, is a dollar they have to buy better names.

longer read here,

https://dn.biz/blog/2019/08/28/712/

so first off rememer, many names used to be at namejet and 69 was the minimum, so go ahead and at least get to $69, then ask yourslef would you have paid xx, xxx if you found out thats all it went for,

and do you really want to own it for the long term, if the answer are yes, then yes i think bidding up , even if you think you may ultimately lose if it goes to X,XXX is worth it, becuase its the only way to know if you can get a medium quality name for low XXX..

Page

•••
i dont think its bidding them up, emotion kills.

but a I posted a while back, every dollar they underspend becuase we leave, is a dollar they have to buy better names.

longer read here,

https://dn.biz/blog/2019/08/28/712/

so first off rememer, many names used to be at namejet and 69 was the minimum, so go ahead and at least get to $69, then ask yourslef would you have paid xx, xxx if you found out thats all it went for,

and do you really want to own it for the long term, if the answer are yes, then yes i think bidding up , even if you think you may ultimately lose if it goes to X,XXX is worth it, becuase its the only way to know if you can get a medium quality name for low XXX..

Page
Excellent Page.=

•••
We were missing you..
Welcome back..😊

•••
•••
Repeating same thread mentioned earlier:

Hi everyone,

We started participating in Auction including GoDaddy expired domain few months ago and there, after two weeks in mid-July, we realised that few companies have formed a monopoly there. We did bidders profiling, studied their pattern and accordingly at the beginning of August changed our bidding process. That is really fun and we are thoroughly enjoying competing with Bots :) After 15 days of this costly experiment (during the initial stage when we were not aware of their threshold limit which is based on the quality of domain based on some algorithm I guess, we end up buying), our domain acquisition rate through bid is still less than 1% but our success rate is 100% because in all those bids where we engage we decide the price and poor Bot has to compete.

Here we rediscovered the limitation of machine learning and artificial intelligence over human's emotional and unpredictable mind. So use your emotional quotient and increase the bidding price and force them to change their bidding policy. Enjoy!

Example here we did it again what we were doing and suggested earlier. We were watching one particular domain which was good but we had no particular interest. This attached domain was bidded by one fellow domainer and then at the last moment Bot came and wanted to acquire it at $17. We responded and fight to make at a point when the price reached to $ 267 and then left happily :)

With this I am sure we saved more than 10 future domains from them. Remember hug portfolio is big assets and at the same time big liability also.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
big liability also
You are doing a good research. Didn't you notice that Bots (not just HD) tend to be more active in certain weeks (of each month), starting on or about 7th and somewhat decreasing (bids/prices) their activity each ~week... until the 7th-10th day of the next month? Maybe a strange question, but I have one theory why this happens (if it still happens). Asking here as I stopped wasting time at this venue for now, so no fresh data on my screen.

Or, the same question in other words: If a human tracks / bids on / etc. a considerable number of domains each day, aren't the final results better in the end of each month and up to 6th-7th day of a next month?

Last edited:
•••
You are doing a good research. Didn't you notice that Bots (not just HD) tend to be more active in certain weeks (of each month), starting on or about 7th and somewhat decreasing (bids/prices) their activity each ~week... until the 7th-10th day of the next month? Maybe a strange question, but I have one theory why this happens (if it still happens). Asking here as I stopped wasting time at this venue for now, so no fresh data on my screen.

No our research says they target CVCV without fail and then they target active domains. So if they missed any domain and at the last moment you find two three individual bidders have participated for particular domain they will certainly come just 6-9 Mins before of closing of bid time. You can easily identify them which is Bidder (Auto) entering into bidding just before 10 mins of closing. Then their threshold limit we observed in our bidding are $180, $410 and $620 depend on the quality of domain. Here we enter and love to fight at least till first round :)

We are sharing these so that we all can fight at least once to increase their acquisition cost and forced them to change their monopolistic approach. We believe in fair market dynamics and against any type of unethical business practice or monopolistic approach. Be the change agent you want to in any system.

Last edited:
•••
We are sharing these so that we all can fight at least once to increase their acquisition cost and forced them to change their monopolistic approach.
Yeah. I did that too. It was fun watching them overpay for crappy names until I eventually bought some shit myself when they (unexpectedly for me) stopped bidding.

•••
Yeah. I did that too. It was fun watching them overpay for crappy names until I eventually bought some shit myself when they (unexpectedly for me) stopped bidding.
Really fun indeed :) And, on many occasions (domain type + bidding style of another party) it is possible to predict what bot is on another end. I especially enjoyed bidding up HD and 1 another bot, which id I would not mention as it is owned by NP member. Some NP members are allowed to use bots @ gd and they may not like this and other related discussions, but it is life, sorry.

Actually, before playing this game "in production mode", it is better to start with bidding on allegedly expired domains which were renewed just recently... to test waters without any risk to pay (as the purchase would be refunded anyway)... bots do not care if it was just renewed, nor does gd (as they do not delete them from auctions).

Last edited:
•••
I have canadianblack.com Thanks for posting. Should we make whiskey?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back