Dynadot

security Beware of this new scam trick

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainFQ.com

Trell.ShopTop Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I wanted to make you all aware of this new scam trick. I believe some have received similar emails as well but still I wanted to share it for everyone else who’s not known to it.

Today morning I received an email with the following details:

CGu4URm.jpg

Subject: PAYPAL ID Suspended

Email address: [email protected]

CGu4URm.jpg

Be careful

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paypal scams are some of the oldest scams on the internet.
Been getting similar for years but have to say that gmail flags all of them.

Curious if this came to a gmail account or not?

•••
Paypal scams are some of the oldest scams on the internet.
Been getting similar for years but have to say that gmail flags all of them.

Curious if this came to a gmail account or not?

No its not came to a gmail account

•••
Got one a couple of days back. Didn't bother. Just deleted

•••
I've been getting 'Your Paypal Account Has Been Suspended' emails for the past month.

It's a phishing scam designed to get you to click on a link in the email (don't)

It will probably download a virus or attempt to get your PP login info.

It is crazy the amount of scams.

Started about the same time I got back into domaining.

I had a couple Public WhoIs records.

I wonder if domainers tend to get more of these?

Last edited:
•••
No its not came to a gmail account

This is what it looks like when emails like this go to a gmail account

Picture0004.png

This is why I use gmail with my own domain, it adds another level of security to protect from scams.

•••
Paypal will always call you by name at the start of the email. If they don't, it isn't Paypal.

•••
I've been getting 'Your Paypal Account Has Been Suspended' emails for the past month.

It's a phishing scam designed to get you to click on a link in the email (don't)

It will probably download a virus or attempt to get your PP login info.

It is crazy the amount of scams.

Started about the same time I got back into domaining.

I had a couple Public WhoIs records.

I wonder if domainers tend to get more of these?

Public WhoIs gets scraped.

Don't use your domain registration email account for other important services.

•••
The easy way to check a email is spam or scam is check domain name.paypal.com and paypa1.com have a difference.

•••
Using a separate email for paypal may help. "Account suspened" or anything similar arrived to another inbox? Then, it is scam by default. It does not mean that bad guys would never be able to send anything to the paypal-only email though (what if it is in some email lists used by scammers, obtained via hacked online stores etc), but still...

•••
make sure the computer is plugged in, make sure to read the from email. sometimes that gives it away.

•••
I received a similar eMail in 2004.
Thanks for the heads up though.

•••
using Outlook myself and very active in reporting back using their phishing reporting tool. The paypal ones are probably the most prolific attempts. It's always going to say 'Account compromised' or 'Payment held' pending verification. They are getting quite good at the wording and presentation these days. Living in a Retirement complex I get lots of requests to check fellow residents email - a lot of them are very confused about these attempts

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back