IT.COM

Beware of Networksolutions Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamaz

Established Member
Impact
Recently, I backorder a domain for my client on Snapnames, and succesfully own it, and the company transferred the name to Networksolutions registrar.

Suddenly, when I want to transfer it to another account of same registrar, they said "Transfer is protected", so that means, I can't transfer it in same registrar or anything like that due to ICANN 60 days.

What I know about ICANN 60 days lock is that rule can be applied if you want to transfer it out, not in.

What's the point of buying a domain through auctions, and you can't transfer it in to your client's account?

I bought tens of Domains on Snapnames, and they always let me transfer it to my client's accounts except this time.

I made a call to the support, and they pissed me off!

I've being dealing with other registrars and other auction houses, nothing of this happened to me before, except this shitty company!

The client can't pay for a name, and he didn't get nothing back! What should I do? I can't wait for 60 days!!

Please, if someone can help, or someone in their support, as this is getting weird day after day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 163
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You don't need to unlock the domain to move it to another Network Solutions account. Log in to the account you want to receive the domain, then go to "Start Transfer In". Complete the process as if you were transferring the domain from another registrar, at checkout delete the renewal fee and continue.
You will receive an email a few hours later to complete the transfer.
Hope that helps. :)

•••
You don't need to unlock the domain to move it to another Network Solutions account. Log in to the account you want to receive the domain, then go to "Start Transfer In". Complete the process as if you were transferring the domain from another registrar, at checkout delete the renewal fee and continue.
You will receive an email a few hours later to complete the transfer.
Hope that helps. :)

You can't!

Please check the image iv'e attached bellow.

Even with Transfer in, it won't work, as they locked the domain from being transferring in or our of the registrar!

I can't hold a name for 60 Days, the client is waiting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 141
•••
You can't!

Please check the image iv'e attached bellow.

Even with Transfer in, it won't work, as they locked the domain from being transferring in or our of the registrar!

I can't hold a name for 60 Days, the client is waiting!
No need to open a thread here just contact netsol as many times as you have to until you find one that will turn the transfer to account protection off. Actually in the picture it looked like you could slide the bar to off. But you've probably tried to unlock it and may as last resort have to contact netsol dozens of times lol.

•••
Was the domain getmoneyfuckbitches.com ? I was bummed when someone beat me to that.

•••
They just changed the name to NotworkSolutions.com

•••
Recently, I backorder a domain for my client on Snapnames, and succesfully own it, and the company transferred the name to Networksolutions registrar.

Suddenly, when I want to transfer it to another account of same registrar, they said "Transfer is protected", so that means, I can't transfer it in same registrar or anything like that due to ICANN 60 days.

What I know about ICANN 60 days lock is that rule can be applied if you want to transfer it out, not in.

What's the point of buying a domain through auctions, and you can't transfer it in to your client's account?

I bought tens of Domains on Snapnames, and they always let me transfer it to my client's accounts except this time.

I made a call to the support, and they pissed me off!

I've being dealing with other registrars and other auction houses, nothing of this happened to me before, except this shitty company!

The client can't pay for a name, and he didn't get nothing back! What should I do? I can't wait for 60 days!!

Please, if someone can help, or someone in their support, as this is getting weird day after day.
Was it a pending delete domain name auction? If so, the domain name counts as a newly registered domain name and subject to the 60 day ICANN lock. You can do a Whois search to see the age of the domain if you aren't sure if it was expiry vs. pending delete.

•••
@EJS he is trying to push the domain internally 60days ICANN lock would be irrelevant in his case

•••
#1 Rule as a domainer never use Netsol.
#2 Rule ask support to unlock if you can't yourself.
#3 Rule make sure to check if it can be moved from one account to another before selling or even listing anywhere. Just some wisdom from my 2001 to 2021 domain experience.

•••
#1 Rule as a domainer never use Netsol.
#2 Rule ask support to unlock if you can't yourself.
#3 Rule make sure to check if it can be moved from one account to another before selling or even listing anywhere. Just some wisdom from my 2001 to 2021 domain experience.

Rule no 4 don't speak publicly about our "boxing" club shit may have already said too much.

•••
Rule 5

Don't worry

Wait the 60 days

•••
@EJS he is trying to push the domain internally 60days ICANN lock would be irrelevant in his case

Depends on the TLD and the Registrar. What does NetSol's Policy say about this? Where was it registered before it was transferred to NetSol? I think that is the clue to this mystery. It was transferred to NetSol.

•••
No need to open a thread here just contact netsol as many times as you have to until you find one that will turn the transfer to account protection off. Actually in the picture it looked like you could slide the bar to off. But you've probably tried to unlock it and may as last resort have to contact netsol dozens of times lol.

I contacted them many times with no success.

The issue is not about transferring the domain out, I just want to move it to another account, and I can't.

•••
Depends on the TLD and the Registrar. What does NetSol's Policy say about this? Where was it registered before it was transferred to NetSol? I think that is the clue to this mystery. It was transferred to NetSol.

TLD is .com, The domain is picked from Snapnames auction, and moved to Networksolutions.

Usually with my eperience with this company, I do move all domains to my clients acc without waiting for 60 days, and now, they locked the domain.

About their policy, I don't know. I couldn't find where I can see their policy about domain transfer.

This seems not professional at all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I contacted them many times with no success.

The issue is not about transferring the domain out, I just want to move it to another account, and I can't.
Yeah, the push to another account. Man, if netsol isn't helping it's crazy. You may have to call 50 times to find someone that can help. Or maybe open a support ticket on their website. A simple push typically would not be locked.

•••
Was it a pending delete domain name auction? If so, the domain name counts as a newly registered domain name and subject to the 60 day ICANN lock. You can do a Whois search to see the age of the domain if you aren't sure if it was expiry vs. pending delete.

It's pending delete domain, but even if it has no age, this shouldn't be done by the registrar!

They at least accept moving it to another account with no issues, as majority of registrars do!

•••
It's pending delete domain,

Hi

the pending delete status may allow you to receive the domain, but not move it,
until full deletion period has ended.

it may be protection, in case previous owner decides to pay the restore fee.

just a thought of why...

imo....

•••
Hi

the pending delete status may allow you to receive the domain, but not move it,
until full deletion period has ended.

it may be protection, in case previous owner decides to pay the restore fee.

just a thought of why...

imo....

The domain get's expired. There is no previous owner.

in that period, the domain become expired and goes to auction.

for same registrars, you can transfer it out, but in my case, I just want to move it to another account, That's SHAME!!!

I'm not willing to stop until they resolve this.

Last edited:
•••
The domain get's expired. There is no previous owner.

in that period, the domain become expired and goes to auction.

for same registrars, you can transfer it out, but in my case, I just want to move it to another account, That's SHAME!!!

I'm not willing to stop until they resolve this.

There is always a previous owner unless this was a drop-catch. If it is not a new registration, there is always a previous owner. what is the registration date for this domain? I'm not trying to be contentious here. I'm trying to understand the status of this domain because your comments are not always crystal clear. At least for me.

•••
Yeah NS is BAD! My transfer out after 60 days took sO LoONG!!

•••
Any luck with this? I have the same issue now. Can't push/pull any domain within network solutions before 60 days have passed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back