Dynadot

Beware of Netfirms transfers!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
If you have Transfered into to netfirms for there crappy $1 promo you may want to check your whois info!!! All the domains in my account are being scheduled to be pulled because of there crappy system. It wiped my whois info and and icann will do a request to pull your domains. Lost my name for my marketplace and its been a huge battle to get it back.

my worst decision domaining was to transfer there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you elaborate? What was their reason for this happening? Did you regain control of the domain(s)?

•••
I have been using them for more than one year and have not have problems with them. I do get occasional email in respect of whois update and most of the times my records are intact. Just go to your domain central, click the domain in question and thereafter click contact. Fill in your details and you will be fine. They are open to chat 24/7. You possibly didn't respond to the whois update mail I guess.

•••
I have been using them for more than one year and have not have problems with them. I do get occasional email in respect of whois update and most of the times my records are intact. Just go to your domain central, click the domain in question and thereafter click contact. Fill in your details and you will be fine. They are open to chat 24/7. You possibly didn't respond to the whois update mail I guess.

I got sent a compliance letter for one name that I responded to they didnt fix the issue. They took the name from my account. My whois info was correct when I transfered In. they screwed it up It was a battle to get the domain back. I have never had this issue with another registrar. Now iI have about 20 other domains in my account that are disabled no way of me changing my contact info or using the domains they will be pulled from my account to like the other I got NO! complanice letter for these. You think you know it all until something bad happens to you. I thought they where solid. First they removed the push and ask for someone elses security info. Now theyre messing up whois contact info and disabling domains. You may want to fight for this crap company because of there discount. But it may come with a price so I'm just letting people know buyer beware.

•••
Okay.... What was the response from their support?

•••
All my whois was messed up. Showed Nambia as country, totally incomplete. Almost thought it was funny till I read this
I fixed that, but only have 45 names there. Couldnt imagine having 1000's
Time to start the transfer out process

•••
Okay.... What was the response from their support?

I been battling over getting my site back up and it has been complete war. I'm not going to even press the issue on all month other domains until this is resolved

•••
All my whois was messed up. Showed Nambia as country, totally incomplete. Almost thought it was funny till I read this
I fixed that, but only have 45 names there. Couldnt imagine having 1000's
Time to start the transfer out process

They will blame it on you and tell you it's your fault that you who is isn't accurate

•••
I believe it, I was in chat the other day going to transfer in a .ca
I said I wanted to use the code MONDO
They said it expired Sept3
It still works.Member here somewhere was looking for cheap transfer for 1000's of names and is waiting for a code. I'll find the thread..

•••
The domain name you specified is already in use. Please select a different domain name.

So much for that transfer. Transfer in, ya duh, but maybe i figured out why we get these weird whois, and I wanted to try one if 30% worked but error message

Anyways, go to domain central, top right it says account. Click that, then click change account info.
When you first log in, you go to control panel. There is a link there to change account info also

Pretty sure primary account information was correct, but on right it says users information, mine said incomplete.
Had first, last name, and country was USA. So I click edit update that all.

Maybe some people did update that area and are not getting weird whois, and Nambia gets put in by default if it is not updated.

Can you check see wether yours is up to date.

I am at domain.com where I had no issues with transfers in, and user information is all up to date.

Netfirms is stupid anyways.

I transferred two names last month back to namesilo, but they are in my control panel still, and i can't find where to delete them.

One other thing I learned today, you can put in order to transfer domain to namesilo, and if it is within 60 day period, it will do it automatically on day 61

•••
I transferred two names last month back to namesilo, but they are in my control panel still, and i can't find where to delete them.

One other thing I learned today, you can put in order to transfer domain to namesilo, and if it is within 60 day period, it will do it automatically on day 61
I think they are still lacking in that area. I once contacted them on that and they can delete it from their end as the feature is not yet available in the front end.

@imadoer , accept my empathy please. Their hosting is good and I am sure they will resolve your issue.

•••
I updated the user information, and when i transfered 1 in, it still showed incomplete whois
Have you had any luck in the recovery process?

•••
Yeah I seem to gotten everything back was a nightmare that I shouldn't have went thru I can't blame no one but myself for transferring to such a dump

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back