Dynadot

information BEWARE of DomainVerification.Net emails; Charging For ICANN Whois Verification

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I got an email today which looks like one of those ICANN required verification emails that registrars have to send out to domain holders.

ICANN requires registrars to send a notice to verify whois information and “when a registrant does not respond for over 15 calendar days to a registrar’s inquiries regarding the accuracy of contact details or Whois data associated with the registration, the action can be to terminate or suspend the non-responsive registrant’s domain name, or to place a lock on the domain name registration until the registrar is able to validate information provided by the registrant.”

However, this email is coming from DomainVerification.net with the email address of [email protected], not the domain registrar the domain is registered with.

The domain name DomainVerification.net was just registered on December 31, 2015.

The email asks you to click on a link to say the whois info is Accurate or not accurate and no matter which you click on you go to the following site which is charging between $93.95 and $49.95 a year ($9.95 for a 501 c-3)

Screen-Shot-2016-03-15-at-11.56.36-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-15-at-12.09.15-PM.png

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wonder why it's not been reported and taken down? I stupidly created an account to make payment for it so it has my credit card and other personal info now. What should I do?

•••
The only person who can verify your WHOIS and send you such an email is your registrar. If it is from anybody else it is a scam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back