Dynadot

Is this a phising verification scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
Hi

I received an email from support @domainverification.net asking me to check if my whois details are correct which they are and that I should click in the accurate or inaccurate box that was on the bottom of the email as Icann requires this and in big bold letters at the top of the email it says I should do this in the next 24-48 hours but I've already verified it at my registrar so where did this email come from?

I typed in their Web address domainverification.net and they seem like a legitimate site but I don't understand why I've received this support @ email from, apparently, them?

Related: BEWARE of DomainVerification.Net emails; Charging For ICANN Whois Verification

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Generally phising is the scam activity which is used to hack account online. If you feel that this type of activity working on your site then try to remove it.

•••
Does anyone else know if this is a legitimate email?

•••
Hi

I received an email from support @domainverification.net asking me to check if my whois details are correct which they are and that I should click in the accurate or inaccurate box that was on the bottom of the email as Icann requires this and in big bold letters at the top of the email it says I should do this in the next 24-48 hours but I've already verified it at my registrar so where did this email come from?

I typed in their Web address domainverification.net and they seem like a legitimate site but I don't understand why I've received this support @ email from, apparently, them?
I received a couple of these as well. More than scam, I'd say it is spam from thepalmercorporation.com (the URL you see on the button), likely an affiliate trying to sell business verification plans of the company you mentioned or maybe the company itself. Hard to say. I'd stay away.

•••
I receive at least 1 email like this per day, don't worry, just mark as spam and move on.

•••
Ignore it. It's a pointless spam.

•••
I've already verified it at my registrar
Ok so job done. Next is to delete the email, and forget all about it and spend your time/brain power on something good ;)

so where did this email come from?
Some scammer etc. I get quite a few, sometimes saying my WHOIS is not accurate, and some asking me to renew before I lose the domain name when I hadn't owned it for 2 year+ etc.

If you hover over the links in the email it will likely show you what the destination is. So eg you get an email from Godaddy, but hovering the links shows some dodgy address then don't click it.
If they're not from your registrar, ignore and delete them!

In fact, be careful clicking on links in any email from anyone. Even if the from is your registrar (or bank etc). Manually go to their website from your browser and deal with whatever is required that way then you can be sure you're dealing with the correct company.

•••
This is a spam got a couple of them myself - mark as spam so they get blacklisted asap!

•••
•••
Wonder why it's not been reported and taken down? I stupidly created an account to make payment for it so it has my credit card and other personal info now. What should I do?

•••
Back