Dynadot

news Betting.com - Major sports betting domain has been sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Was it sold for seven figures, or more?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Seven figures - up to $9,999,999

votes
    58.6%
  • Definitely more! $10 million and up

votes
    41.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Sold for seven figures, or more?

Betting.com, a category-defining domain about the betting and sports betting industry, was just acquired by Swedish betting tech giant, Game Lounge. Check it out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it a terminal purchase?
Or did investors buy it?

•••
As @Mytz.com asked above. If end user then the sky is the limit, if an investor then probably 7 figures.

•••
•••
Is it a terminal purchase?
Or did investors buy it?
If you read the article, you will see it's an "end user" who bought it.

•••
If you read the article, you will see it's an "end user" who bought it.

Hadn't noticed myself. But thank you. (y)

If an end user then the figure should be 8 figures - but who can tell, hopefully we will find out (even if having to wait for the company financial report to be issued or the AGM report of the company concerned.

•••
•••
Bet/betting
Gamble/gambling

Domains will go through the roof, if they haven't already!

•••
21 hour ago, rob :cigar:
20200703_083350.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••
High 7 to low 8 figures would be my guess. 10 million usd would be a fair price.

•••
Nice one, all will be revealed soon.

Wouldnt be shocked if @GeorgeK, @OnlineDomainCom find prices. Those two some of best sleuths; and @Acroplex. :) ;)

Samer

The new owners (Game Lounge) are a unit of a private company (Cherry AB), so the price is unlikely to appear in any financial statements anytime soon (unless they go public one day again!):

https://calvinayre.com/2019/04/16/business/cherry-ab-moves-ahead-with-delisting/
https://egr.global/intel/news/game-lounge-acquires-betting-com-domain-name-ahead-of-us-push/

•••
Bet/betting
Gamble/gambling

Domains will go through the roof, if they haven't already!
Why would they? I'm not sure I understand why the sale of an obviously ultra premium domain should have an impact on the rest of the domains in that market.

•••
Why would they? I'm not sure I understand why the sale of an obviously ultra premium domain should have an impact on the rest of the domains in that market.

How it goes sometimes, seen and experienced it with several big sales of category defining domains, domain investors always want a piece of the market! And to add to that betting domains are hot property too at the minute with sports betting kicking off in USA.

Last edited:
•••
How it goes sometimes, seen and experienced it with several big sales of category defining domains, domain investors always want a piece of the market! And to add to that betting domains are hot property too at the minute with sports betting kicking off in USA.
Thanks for the reply. Being in the UK I forget that gambling isn't on every highstreet in a lot of the rest of the world.

Is kinda funny that the sale of a name we already knew was worth millions should get other investors to want to shell out for names in the same niche. I mean it's not a surprising sale and we don't know anything new. It would be different if a domain in a new trend or emerging technology had sold for millions then I would understand it more as it was an unknown quantity before.

Not sure if any of that made sense lol.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the reply. Being in the UK I forget that gambling isn't on every highstreet in a lot of the rest of the world.

Is kinda funny that the sale of a name we already knew was worth millions should get other investors to want to shell out for names in the same niche. I mean it's not a surprising sale and we don't know anything new. It would be different if a domain in a new trend or emerging technology had sold for millions then I would understand it more as it was an unknown quantity before.

I'm not always right, but sometimes big sales turn the tide a bit though!

•••
I think it's impacted by booking.com trademarked their name, so the betting.com next step is....

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't sell it below $20m if I were the owner, Considering what a popular bet www.bet9ja.com in my country makes. I was their agent back then and I earned nothing less than $200 every Tuesday.

Last edited:
•••

Think home leisure will at last kill the high st slot machine ponds. The prob with top generics such as GolfBet com $1000k [cheap buy whilst the bet industry was asleep at the adwords tollgate] never to be on the market again. Golfbet com can hoover up the brand recall traffic.
Bet com is wasted & the diamond in a coalmine

•••
Back