Dynadot

question Best way for end users to buy the domain?

NameSilo
Watch

Nihar Khurana

SpeedLearnerEstablished Member
Impact
Hi ,

I am 3-4 months into domaining and have had few sales under my belt by outbound marketing - All in 200$ - 500$ range.

Initially, I was asking for GoDaddy account details from the end user, push the domain to their account and get paid via PayPal. Had few sales using this method.

Then later I started experimenting by listing the domains in GoDaddy at BIN premium listings prior to doing email outreach and asking them to buy it directly from GoDaddy. Although I am losing direct 20 % as commission by using this method, but my sale conversions have definitely increased which more than compensates for the loss.

Just wanted to know from the pros here, what has been working for you in outbound marketing?

I have myself never used escrow yet and feel that a non technical end user might not be very comfortable even with that. Mind you, I am talking about sales <500$ range. Is my assumption correct or should I experiment for some domains asking the End User to do an Escrow Transaction?

PS: One more great thing I liked about GoDaddy BIN is that , after sending the emails I can simply relax and chill. No multiple email conversations , No waiting for reply on emails ! If the domain has to sell, it will on its own!

Pros, please share your views. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also use the Godaddy BIN link most of the time except for lower value transactions. PayPal is vulnerable from both seller and buyer perspective.

Just make sure you adjust your prices up to account for the commission.

•••
I prefer to use Escrow/com for all transactions, even low value ones.

I don't mind paying a higher fee, if I have to, for the peace of mind knowing they can't do a charge-back, which can happen even months later.

Plus there is always the possibility PayPal will freeze your account or mess with you for no good reason.

I had a bad experience with PayPal and prefer not to use them if I can help it.

I don't use any marketplaces when using outbound.

Why pay them a large fee for doing what you can do yourself.

I try to get the buyer to pay the Escrow fees.

•••
I use Escrow dot com everytime if I make the sale myself. My customers have no problem at all with it and probably like it do to the safety. I just tell them its $25 and I will split it with them $12.50 a piece and they never disagree.

I would only use paypal if sold on ebay. I sold one on godaddy and its a nightmare. Took 6 days for them to authorize payment then went I tried to email the guy( you have to wait till day 6 before link is provided) he never responded.

Bought it less than 60 days on namecheap so need to explain the process and he never answers. GD emailed him and still no response so it looks like June 11th the 60 days is up and the I will transfer to his GD account and finally get paid. And had to pay $70 commission for thsi! lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back