Dynadot

discuss Best PayPal alternative for domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I look forward to picking your mind about this.

Payoneer Escrow and Escrow are well known but not really a PayPal alternative; have you actually found any?

Share your favourite PayPal alternative(s) and tell us why.

Thanks Pros

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They charge 5% for ANY disbursements from their MasterBucks...
Also if wire - they add extra wire fee on top...
I don't use Epik escrow at all.

Last edited:
•••
Does the 5% cover disbursement to countries OTHER THAN US? If I want my money transferred to a EU bank account do I still pay only 5%?
I don't know because I live in the US. Just contact Epik support, they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. :glasses:

•••
I don't know because I live in the US. Just contact Epik support, they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. :glasses:

I supposed so.

It seems payza .com and skrill.com are so far the best alternative to PP.

•••
Previously was announced by @Dynadot that they plan to launch payout-mode...

•••
+ you may try classical bido.com if PayPal payments are critical for you...

•••
•••
Might give these people a try.. https://www.payza.com/

In-page-screenshot-720x374.jpg
Don't even visit on there website, they are holding money always for "Fraudulent" activities.

•••
Skrill is the closest alternative I guess

•••
is this correct? for a name under $5k
epik 5% (accepts bitcoin)
escrow 3.25% with cc (accepts paypal)
payoneer 3% cc (1% with echeck) https://www.payoneer.com/fees/
stripe 2.9% (accepts bitcoin)
paypal 2.9%

seems like its cheaper to use escrow or payoneer (3%) or if you want to accept btc use stripe...
why use paypal if escrow accepts it? epik seems to be the most expensive...

is it wrong to say if you want to pay the lowest fees and have the most options it would be escrow.com (accepts paypal ) and stripe (accepts bitcoin)

•••
$75 - minimum at Epik...
Don't forget...

•••
Regarding me, I always use Sedo escrow...
3% (min. 60) + Wire fee (15 EUR)... if PayPal - then 0.

Probably, later I will try Payoneer and Bido...

Last edited:
•••
epik is great.
I used it few times no problems.
uinfortunalely now if you want their team assistance, you pay $75 fee to them
if you do it your own, and transfer domain to epik, then put it bin on market, then sned buyer links and he checks out and gets doamin (locked for 60 days so its like escrow type service in case of payment issues), then there is no fee. and you only pay 5% to get it to yhour paypal.. which is great, cause for me in canada to get usa payment direct to paypal is already 4% fee.. and with epik I just pay 1% more.. and get the domain locked ffor 60 days in case of issues.

it looked more professional before when their team contacted buyer and handles sale.. but it was done identical way (via market) also. just by their team.

now its $75 fee for it.. so forget about it. I do it myself if I want some escorw protection at virtually no extra fee (1% diff between epik and paypal direct pay)

hope this helps
ciao

Last edited:
•••
+ don't forget that it depends on buyer as well...
Never had any cases when Sedo was rejected... 100% trust.
But when offering Payoneer to the buyer - I already had such denials.

•••
well... any buyer can reject any escrow
it's not like endusers all know sedo

in fact they do not know most escrow services

just tell your buyers you want to use escrow for his protection and your own cause you never dealt before. that usually works.

•••
Yes, they may not know Sedo... but they clearly see that Sedo is BBB-company, and this is enough for them.

•••
If you have a name listed on sedo you have to pay the selling fees on top of the escrow fees I think.
Can someone confirm?

•••
•••
And Yes, if it is listed on Sedo - in this case you will pay the regular fees...

•••
The only downside of using Sedo escrow is that the buyer will have to open a Sedo account and most likely go through the same verification processes as buyers and sellers on the marketplace.
That could be a turn off for some.

•••
Sedo doesn't perform any verifications...
And account creation takes just 2-3 minutes for the buyer...

•••
Additional verification on Sedo may be only necessary for some countries/territories (usually - offshore etc.) to be able to do CC and PayPal payments...
Wire payments are always available for all buyers without any additional steps.

Last edited:
•••
For example, business address of my recent buyer was the British Virgin Islands...
And CC-mode was disabled for him by default.

Last edited:
•••
likely go through the same verification processes as buyers and sellers on the marketplace.
It is another theme... so-called "Certification"... to be able to bid $10K+ on their marketplace...

•••
It is another theme... so-called "Certification"... to be able to bid $10K+ on their marketplace...

I thought the buyer should go through the same process to be able to buy.

•••
is this correct? for a name under $5k
epik 5% (accepts bitcoin)
escrow 3.25% with cc (accepts paypal)
payoneer 3% cc (1% with echeck) https://www.payoneer.com/fees/
stripe 2.9% (accepts bitcoin)
paypal 2.9%

Stripe are in only 25 countries presently:
Request an invite
Every one of those Pay company has their short coming

Skrill and Payza are the main alternatives to Paypal for now in terms of price and remitances

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back