NameSilo

Best forum for search engines

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I wondered what's the best forum (free or not) for search engines.
A great forum should include a directory-based system (with matching filenames and titles) in sinergy with a database, imho, to be perfectly crawled by search engines.

All the forums I've seen until now don't use this method. They always use php GET variables charged with big numbers.

Ebay wisely uses a name-based structure for its auctions :)

I'm going to develop a new forum if I can't find a good, really SEO based one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have to say, if you made a forum with SEO in mind it would be grand. These days forums can be a horrible thing to have SEO wise.

If you decide to go with a free forum, go with phpBB and use the mods by able2know. They are mod_rewrite mods and SEO friendlifier mods...

They make everything look much better.

•••
I have a perfect SEO forum in mind. I have all the algohoritms ready for use... all I would need would be a sponsor willing to invest 4-5000 euros in the project and one or two partners.

•••
no offence but i dont think you'll find a partner willing to pay that much

•••
I've not had much trouble getting IPB or SMF listed fairly well in search engines. I think just about every board has a mod for SE friendly URLs and SMF even has the setting built into it.

•••
I think it is PhpBB or vBulletin ;)

•••
You don't need that much money to develop a forum - look at phpBB!

•••
it's the price for 3 months of intensive full time programming, to make an unique product :) anyway yes, I'll go php bb ...

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back