IT.COM

Best Flippa Listing You Used For Sale?

NameSilo
Watch

Deepak Bhandari

Established Member
Impact
Hello Friends,

I used 3-4 of time Flippa Standard Basic Listing $9 for quick domain selling, but not got any success.

Did you sell any domain from the standard basic listing?

Please share your experience with Flippa listings.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Here is my experience with Flippa.

Had 4 domain listings in total in the last 3 years on their platform, three were $9 listings one was some $240 ish ugrade listing in 2015 which ended up as a total disaster. No surprise, I was trying to sell a shitty handreg at beginning of my domaining career, and there is no upgrade on this planet that could sell a smoking fresh bad quality hand regged domain name with better results. Rookie mistake.

For the second time I've listed a premium name I spent $580 on Godaddy auctions, and tried to sell on Flippa with the $9 listing half year later. I lost $500 this time. The upgrade I paid for the first listing should be paid here, and who knows how the story ends.

Third time, (last year December) sold a name for $230 (backordered for $69 one and half year prior) with the basic $9 listing. This name was a category killer name in it's niche, so even though I approached Flippa with caution this time, I was somewhat confident that it will be a profitable auction. I've invited end users & some domainers from Namepros, and most importantly I've set the auction's time duration to 3 weeks. So I'm sure if I try to sell it in a week long auction without inviting people, it would ended up as a tragedy again.

Fourth time, selling a low quality crypto portfolio of 10 names or so in this year's January. Paid basic fee, set time to 3 weeks again. Sold them for $65, and booked a loss again.

So I would say, approach Flippa with caution, don't try to sell questionable quality hand regs there (or anywhere else in general), and don't pay for upgrades if you don't have a capital that can sustain a $240 loss. Hopefully you guys can learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:
•••
Your best bet is probably getting Flippa to allow you to showcase with their Editor's Choice or whatever it's called. Otherwise you're most likely going to throw your money away on fees.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back