Domain Empire

advice Best Domain Auction Platform?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the best auction platform for low value domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Flippa

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Pazu

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

I would like to unload some domains I consider sub-par in my portfolio, but want to auction them off rather than just letting them drop. Which auction platform do you think would be best for this?

Flippa seems like maybe the best place as it might have the most users. I also know about godaddy auctions and sedo auctions but feel these might have less buyer traffic. Of course I'd like to get the highest price possible but also want to get bids.

They are currently registered with Godaddy and I did pay for Godaddy Auctions.

Your thoughts, please? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's subpar stuff and you don't wanna pay fees just auction them here. You can always forward traffic to the posting to get more views / bids.

Everywhere else will charge you fees either up front, after or both.

•••
Totally depends on the specific names .. chance are if they are in your "drop" category then there's a good chance they won't do well on any platform! :(

•••
If you think it is a low value name, and you may only get one bidder, then the NamePros dutch auction board is probably a good place. You can always promote the auction in yur sig, or elsewhere.

fyi - If you didn't know, a dutch auction is a dropping price auction, and is designed to get the best price if there is a possibility that there is only one bidder,

•••
Hey @Pazu - I voted for "other" - for various reasons each domain name auction platform has its drawbacks, so our team has put together a new site which (hopefully) will fill the niche for low to medium priced domain names.

•••
Hey @Pazu - I voted for "other" - for various reasons each domain name auction platform has its drawbacks, so our team has put together a new site which (hopefully) will fill the niche for low to medium priced domain names.

Why should people choose you when being a newly established site, you simply don't have user traffic?.

•••
Why should people choose you when being a newly established site, you simply don't have user traffic?.
A free 7 day listing with a BIN price would give a name some exposure, and would help to get the site started.

•••
@DefinitelyDomains - even Flippa, in its early Sitepoint days, started from nothing. We're doing a quick ramp-up and with our social media and marketing roll-out, anticipating huge traffic gains.

•••
@Kuffy - we're working on implementing coupon codes for early listers - let me know if you'd like one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back