Best bet? - Backorder services

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Adapted

Established Member
Impact
0
I've had my eyes on two domain names that expire this month (expiration = this month, obviously won't be available for 2months after that).

The names are both one word .net's

No backorder service (that I'm aware of) have the spot booked yet for the names.

I have $30ish in my paypal account.

Now, bearing this in mind, what do you think would be the best domain backorder service to sign up for? I can afford to spend more than $30, but I'd rather use the funds in my paypal account.

Godaddy - cheap, I could sign up to backorder both domain names. (Low chance of catching though?)

Snapnames - The most well known of the lot, but also rather expensive, in reality I would end up backordering only one of the names).

Pool / Namewinners / Etc - These are all out to be honest, I can imagine the names will get fairly high bids at the auction stage.

So, basically, should I secure one name with snapnames, 2 names with godaddy, or a combination of both? (1 godaddy, 1 snap for the 'best' name / 1 godaddy on 1 domain, 1 snap on the other)

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, but its come directly out of my head - since I can't decide what to do ethier.

(BTW - More common 6 letter .net or less common 4 letter .net, which would be considered better?)

Thanks for any help in advance.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I have no idea which backorder service you should use but:

More commong 6 letter .net is better than a 4 letter less common .net

:)
 
0
•••
The more services you can get going after a Domain is always the best option if its available. Like you said chances are the bidding will be high at Pool and NW so choose the next best thing, Snap and/or GoDaddy.

Mike
 
0
•••
I would say snap or godaddy for a fixed price., If you get more money you could try thefirstname.com or dropwizard.com also (these two are also bidding systems)
 
0
•••
Re: Best bet? - Backorder services

Originally posted by Adapted
Godaddy - cheap, I could sign up to backorder both domain names. (Low chance of catching though?)

My GoDaddy/WildWest backorder scorecard:

Backordered Domains: 31
Successful Grabs: 0

Govern yourself accordingly.

Scott
 
0
•••
I wouldn't waste my money at godaddy.com. I used them once and it couldn't catch any domain for me :(
 
0
•••
I don't think GoDaddy's backorder is as bad as everyone makes it. Sure, the chances are lower than the rest, but every now and then GD strikes gold (i.e. Native.com). The best part is if the domain is won, there is no bidding process - after all, an auction at Pool or NW is as good as a loss with some of the bids I've seen there :o I've beat out NW twice with my GD reseller account, so there is some hope. Plus, at just over $12, it's a lot less than SnapNames. With that being said, I'm sure I will lose my next 20 snaps...hehe :red:
 
0
•••
Godaddy is the small player's best friend.

Think about it.
 
0
•••
From my experience, you cannot depend on GoDaddy to catch a good domain. Snapname is still the best.
 
0
•••
Names that far out... go with snapnames or nextregrights since WLS could very well be the only option then.
 
0
•••
Godaddy might not have the best track record, but for the price its worth the backorder IMHO,

they did get native.com and ouch.com recently, those two owner's were probably pretty happy. (maybe not the ouch.com guy :) )
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Tippy
The more services you can get going after a Domain is always the best option if its available. Like you said chances are the bidding will be high at Pool and NW so choose the next best thing, Snap and/or GoDaddy.

Mike


Great advice Tippy!

Therefore, if a domain has significant value you must spend the necessary funds to acquire the name.
 
0
•••
If the name is important, I would go for snapname ^^
 
0
•••
godaddy/wildwestdomains check the back ordering system and availability for sudden available domains from the deletion process only 2 times a day. I have had this confirmed and this is why the score card is low. So if a domain drops when they are about to run the script then it will have more success in backordering the domain.

If the domain drops say @ 1.00am and godaddys system checks the database of available sudden domains at 6am then there is a 5 hour leway that other people and services can snap this domain up between 1.00am and 5.59am.

I hope this helps


Joe
 
Last edited:
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back