IT.COM

advice Beginner here, question about Domain Parking.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pringy88

Impact
Hey everyone,

I signed up to Namepros last night, I have been researching a lot over the past few days, and via various sites, blogs and discovered this forum I have signed up to NameWorth and expireddomains.net.

Through my research I learnt about Domain Parking and it seems a good way to hold onto domains and generate a passive income from them, I understand that in many cases you would need a reasonably big portfolio and good traffic for it to generate a meaningful income.

Which brings me to my question, when looking at domains on expireddomains.net (in this case GoDaddy domains) I have been filtering and sorting searches based on different criteria to better understand what I am looking at and therefore what are likely or unlikely to be wise investments,

When sorting through results based on traffic, I could click on two different websites and get the following results on GoDaddy:

> website1.com - 5.7k estimated monthly page views, £6 estimated monthly income.

> website2.biz - 51k estimated monthly page views, £0.00 estimated monthly income.

Maybe it is because I am new to this, but it doesn't make sense to me how website 2 has 10x more traffic yet has zero estimated income. Is this purely because the existing domain has not had adverts set up or is it something beyond that meaning it should be avoided at all costs?

This may also sound like a silly question, but if I was to acquire and park website2, as long as traffic volume continues, should I expect it to generate income, or again, is it something to do with the domain itself that would not allow me to do so?

Sorry for the essay, I am keen to make sure I learn as much as possible before I start purchasing domains.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your replies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can try a service like above.com that lets you switch btw parking services with one name server. But as I mentioned I tried this and generated very little income. for me I would rather host a page with links to amazon or my other businesses.

above won't help you
I left them a few years ago

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back