Dynadot

discuss Be honest! Would you have paid $50 for any of these names here on NamePros or anywhere else?

NameSilo
Watch
We usually get the news about domain names that sell for a nice amount, but that, at first sight, don’t seem really that valuable. This is an aspect of domain investing that I like and I think it’s one of the things that keep the domaining dream alive.

VRWorldNYC*com = $21,650
DesignEveryDayBlog*com = $28,380

Would you have paid $50 for any of these names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We usually get the news about domain names that sell for a nice amount, but that, at first sight, don’t seem really that valuable. This is an aspect of domain investing that I like and I think it’s one of the things that keep the domaining dream alive.

VRWorldNYC*com = $21,650
DesignEveryDayBlog*com = $28,380

Would you have paid $50 for any of these names?
LOL dude it has nothing to do with these domains itself, they sold high because they have lots of backlinks, not because of the domain alone, that is not domaining, they seek traffic and earn with parking, not by selling the domain bare naked. Without the traffic/backlinks i would not even get them for free.

Last edited:
•••
Nucleus/./Agency - sold it today for $1,500 at Dan, negotiated.

Paid for it around $60 (Name.com expired domain + 1 renewal), holding time 18 months.

I could probably get more for it if I kept it longer, but I decided to sell it for this amount, and reinvest the money in .coms

This is my first and only gTLD sale.

LOL dude it has nothing to do with these domains itself, they sold high because they have lots of backlinks, not because of the domain alone, that is not domaining, they seek traffic and earn with parking, not by selling the domain bare naked. Without the traffic/backlinks i would not even get them for free.

Not really. The number of links in VRWorldNYC.com is negligible. Although those examples have a few backlinks, there’s a lot of similar sales without any links.

•••
Not really. The number of links in VRWorldNYC.com is negligible. Although those examples have a few backlinks, there’s a lot of similar sales without any links.
Dude it sold because of the backlinks! You can lie to yourself, but it is the truth. Be honest with yourself.

backlinks vr.png

You cannot compare nucleus .agency it is a one word, with another extension tho, but still a one word.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

considering the profile,
yes, i would have paid more than $50 for this link
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ews-VR_WorldR_NYC-New_York_City_New_York.html

https://www.linkedin.com/company/vrworldnyc/

sometimes it's not about how many backlinks, but on what webpages the links reside.

but yeah, on the surface, they don't stand out as having much value.

imo....
Yes ofcourse it is about the quality of the backlinks, but the domain on its own is garbage and worth $0 without any history.

Last edited:
•••
Had they been for sale here, I'd not have bought them.. to be honest.

Tho, as people are saying, the value of domains isn't only about their names.. it's also about backlinks/traffic.

But anyways, I still think the prices of these domains are quite high. Please keep in mind it also depends on the buyers' needs. The buyers of these domains must be end-users, for sure. An investor wouldn't have put that much in such domains.

As @Digital Nomad said, if these domains hadn't had quality backlinks, they would not have been sold for even $5.

Domains that are sold here mostly have value because of their names, and not cos of their backlinks/traffic as they usually don't have backlinks or lots of traffic - ppl here are mostly investors that invest in domains because of their nice names.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back