Domain Empire

Be Careful When you submitting a domain to Brandpa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coinking

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello all,
when you submitting a domain to brandpa than before submit it must be registered a domain because i have faced recently that issue, actually i have submitted a domains to brandpa and mostly domains was available for register and plan to will register after acceptance and today my 3 domains accepted but when i go for registering than i shocked one domain already registered on 06-10-2018 at wild west registrar and that domain i submitted on 05-10-2018 mean a very next day anyone registered. interestingly that domain was not from any doping list or expired list it was (Hand Reg) my own creative word or made up word and it was brandable name (7L.com) Like: Nest***.com.
I don't know who reading my mind but when domain really a nice than don't wait just registered it.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know what is the most absurd.
That they approve unregistered domains (something that BB used to do), or that people rely on a third party to tell them what to register. If you didn't register the name, you must not have been very confident in the first place ?

•••
They don't allow unregistered domains that I know of.

•••
They don't allow unregistered domains that I know of.
Yes thats why my unregistered domain not approved.
The lesson i learned if you like any name so don't wait just reg it.

•••
You are not supposed to submit unregistered names. Not even sure how the system is letting you.

•••
•••
I think I read somehwere on np before that due to some bug they allow this.. and people use this as way to tell which domains can be submitted.. and/or are decent brandables etc..

I hope its just a bug for them.. otherwise no sane company should do this as part of their operations plan. imo

•••
•••
Yes thats why my unregistered domain not approved.
The lesson i learned if you like any name so don't wait just reg it.
Absolutely agree, what you just went through is pretty common actually, if you run a list of available domains through a register, they all are available, come back two days later, and the best of the best are registered, and those being made up brander names.

Although completely fair for an employee of a domain register to snipe these names and reg them, it isn’t a cool feeling at all.

•••
I don't know what is the most absurd.
That they approve unregistered domains (something that BB used to do), or that people rely on a third party to tell them what to register. If you didn't register the name, you must not have been very confident in the first place ?
No, what's really absurd, fascinating, tragicomical really, is submitting a domain to such a marketplace without first having secured claim to it! :facepalm::facepalm:

I mean, it's a no brainer, really! Here's a newsflash: all them marketplaces are run by your competitors! I know, I know, BB's been encoraging this after a fashion. Smart people, can't fault them for taking advantage of naivete. Doesn't mean you have to jump in and follow such ridiculous ideas!

•••
so, who owns the name now?

•••
Although completely fair for an employee of a domain register to snipe these names and reg them, it isn’t a cool feeling at all.

Is there a way to have (own) available names searching method ?
Then you can register them safely

•••
Is there a way to have (own) available names searching method ?
Then you can register them safely
Popular registrars process tons of searches every day. Can you really imagine their employees sitting their sifting through huge lists of crap to pick your "special" domain name and steal it?

•••
Can you really imagine their employees sitting their sifting through huge lists of crap to pick your "special" domain name and steal it "special" domain name and steal it?

Yup I do .
It happened to me several times without telling or submit them to any one .

•••
"Yeah, so what we will do is we will look through all those entries and we will find the ones that are really good, and we will just pick them up. So, that is one trick."

Mike Navarini Namerific founder on DomainSherpa Interview

•••
Years ago when frontrunning by the registrars was rampant we learned that not to search for domain names until we were ready to register them right away. Although registrars say they have stopped the practice long ago many of us still donot search till we are ready to buy.

Also don't you think that if you submitted a nice name to a site to sell and if someone decides to check it and see its available that person may consider regisering It themselves.
Use Common Sense.
Consider it a small lesson in business, Trust no one.

•••
•••
BrandPa recently accepted Zestilo so they would've accepted Nestilo too if it was regged.. doesn't mean it would've sold though.

•••
nestilo.com

He revealed the name on a whatsapp group, I don't think BrandPa regged it for themselves, it is now owned by a web developer from Uruguay
I don't blaming to brandpa i'm just warn if you select any un reg name than we should reg first..

•••
Nestilo is not a name anyone would try to steal from someone. The name as a pure made up brandable kind of sucks. If you break up the words as N Estilo then it could be translated to N Style. Estilo in Spanish is style. In Style/N Style. It was previously registered from 2012 to 2016 so maybe an old registrant registering it again. Who knows but I seriously doubt Brandpa would want this name.

•••
nestilo.com

He revealed the name on a whatsapp group, I don't think BrandPa regged it for themselves, it is now owned by a web developer from Uruguay
Is there a "Domain Whatsapp Group"?

Wow

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back