IT.COM

BrandPa Offer Received - Legitimate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MitchH

Established Member
Impact
I received an email this morning from the CEO of Brandpa, Jowita Emberton, and I want to make sure it's legitimate and not a scam. This is my first potential sale with BrandPa, so I'm not entirely sure about their process.

Here is the email:

Hello Mitchell,

Just to let you know, we have a person interested in purchasing your name ******.com. Their budget is $****** (their original budget was $******* :) )

They'd like to pay in a deposit of $******* to secure the name and finalise this purchase in 28 days. This is a part of their message:

"I don't need the time to make up my mind or anything, its a done deal. However, due to the holiday season, people are away and I just need the time to sort out the money!"

We don't usually do deposits but we could make an exception in this case - only if you're ok with this.

The plan would be that Brandpa holds 10% of the full payment to secure the name for the buyer Take it off Brandpa and ask you to keep the name until they're ready to purchase it). We will raise the invoice when the buyer is ready to complete the purchase. If they decide not to purchase the name, we will make a payment of $******* to you (the deposit they made).

Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Jowita Emberton

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this email? I don't want to reply until I know for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Mitchell

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How can it be a scam? You don't have to transfer the domain yet..

This is legit

•••
what member "hawkeye" said, and only getting worse, unfortunately

Mitchell Hengesbach, disregard the BS comments and enjoy your domain name sale at BrandPa. :)

Haters will hate, that is why i have a shitty reputation around here for years, and i am damn proud of it too :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
I had no idea that Jowita had a profile on here.... Again, I'm new.
No problem. Now you know.
Let the post remain, doesn't matter! it isn't offensive, it's just that it could have been avoided But since you are new here. I will just say, Welcome to Namepros :xf.smile: and Congratulations on your potential sell. Keep going!!

•••
Also, I've tried taking this post down, but for some reason I cannot edit or delete the post.... So again, I apologize for offending anyone. Not sure what else I can do at this point.
Hey man don't apologize, I am sorry if i made you feel that way.
Don't go by the comments, most of the members around here are helpful :xf.smile:.

•••
I think it is legitimate. I received a similar email in the past from her, buyer was asking for a discount, I agreed, price was reduced, deal was completed a few days after.

Remember buyer is in the driving seat.

Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing your story! Talks with Jowita have been going so far. I'm hopeful the sale will be completed soon. This is my first potential domain sale, very exciting and a great learning experience!

•••
How can it be a scam? You don't have to transfer the domain yet..

This is legit

I think I was only worried because this is my first potential sale, I've never done anything like this, and I've read many scam stories on here (not related to BrandPa, just in general). I was a bit overcautious, but this sale could be substantial, so I feel like I need to be extra cautious. You're right though, I'm not transferring anything to anyone without payment first, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't falling into some weird trap (maybe because it also felt too good to be true). It feels like people are becoming more and more sophisticated with their tactics associated with online theft/cyber hacking. Again though, I'm being overcautious :)

•••
what member "hawkeye" said, and only getting worse, unfortunately

Mitchell Hengesbach, disregard the BS comments and enjoy your domain name sale at BrandPa. :)

Haters will hate, that is why i have a sh*tty reputation around here for years, and i am damn proud of it too :xf.wink:

I really appreciate your honest feedback! I was a little surprised by the initial comments, but since then everyone has been very kind and helpful. So far communication with Jowita has been excellent! I'm hoping the sale goes through soon :)

•••
No problem. Now you know.
Let the post remain, doesn't matter! it isn't offensive, it's just that it could have been avoided But since you are new here. I will just say, Welcome to Namepros :xf.smile: and Congratulations on your potential sell. Keep going!!

Yes, exactly. Now I know. This is definitely a learning experience and I will take the advice I receive here and use it in the future. Thanks for the kind words! I'm very excited about this potential sale. I will provide an update once the sale is completed :)

•••
@Mitchell Hengesbach -

The email you posted is encouraging, because it highlights that Brandpa is interested in working with (collaborate with) their seller base with lead opportunities. Proactive and positive engagement with their inventory providers is a terrific view into their operational mindset. Outstanding!

Personally, I would have PM'd Jowita directly here on NamePros when seeking authentication of an email request, but from one of your post it appears you weren't aware she was active on NamePros, so I can appreciate your attempt to reach out to others.

It is interesting to see in the content of the letter (email) that Brandpa is generously providing you the ENTIRE deposit as a good will gesture should the deal not finalize. That is a tactful approach on their part and illustrates they recognize that your removing the name from being For Sale on their site is a potential "cost" (loss opportunity) to you while the name is being set aside for a period.

This level of collaboration is not something you see on other sites.

Interesting thread and insightful.

Best of luck with your sale.

•••
Nice reply BrandCougar.

I also have to say that it's a very transparent communication from Brandpa.

•••
I received an email this morning from the CEO of Brandpa, Jowita Emberton, and I want to make sure it's legitimate and not a scam. This is my first potential sale with BrandPa, so I'm not entirely sure about their process.

Here is the email:

Hello Mitchell,

Just to let you know, we have a person interested in purchasing your name ******.com. Their budget is $****** (their original budget was $******* :) )

They'd like to pay in a deposit of $******* to secure the name and finalise this purchase in 28 days. This is a part of their message:

"I don't need the time to make up my mind or anything, its a done deal. However, due to the holiday season, people are away and I just need the time to sort out the money!"

We don't usually do deposits but we could make an exception in this case - only if you're ok with this.

The plan would be that Brandpa holds 10% of the full payment to secure the name for the buyer Take it off Brandpa and ask you to keep the name until they're ready to purchase it). We will raise the invoice when the buyer is ready to complete the purchase. If they decide not to purchase the name, we will make a payment of $******* to you (the deposit they made).

Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Jowita Emberton

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this email? I don't want to reply until I know for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Mitchell

If you received an email from @Jowita Emberton then you can be sure its from Brandpa and its legitimate. Definitely reply.

•••
If you received an email from @Jowita Emberton then you can be sure its from Brandpa and its legitimate. Definitely reply.

Thanks for your reply! I have been in contact with Jowita and the process has been going very well so far. I will provide an update when finalized.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back