alert Be careful of potential Payoneer phishing email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Be careful if you use Payoneer of a phishing attempt going on. I received an email from what looks to be Payoneer. But when I look at the bottom of the email, it says: Note: If clicking Continue fails, please click the entire link below : … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also be careful while selling domains using Payoneer account's request a payment service. You'll have no protection if there is chargeback. They'll not hear even if you provide all the proofs of transaction. My friend had a bad experience.

Always use Payoneer Escrow.

•••
•••
•••
Be careful if you use Payoneer of a phishing attempt going on. I received an email from what looks to be Payoneer. But when I look at the bottom of the email, it says: Note: If clicking Continue fails, please click the entire link below : … [Read more...]
Thanks Raymond,

With over 3 million customers we are frequently a target of these phishing type attacks, as are most of the major financial institutions. I would guess most of the Namepros members know how to recognize these types of scams. Here are a few suspect "escrow" companies you should be aware of - http://voguescrow.com/ and https://www.strongescrow.com/

Brandon

•••
With over 3 million customers we are frequently a target of these phishing type attacks, as are most of the major financial institutions.

That is true but honestly I would expect business like yours to at least have thought about registering domains that are so so similar to yours.

You would reduce the phishing attacks so much and with a tiny effort imo.

•••
yes the copyright issue presents itself and the domain coverage issue as well especially where financial services are concerned.

I havevyest to experience the Payoneer wagon trail. But as always domainer instincts play through...

•••
That is true but honestly I would expect business like yours to at least have thought about registering domains that are so so similar to yours.

You would reduce the phishing attacks so much and with a tiny effort imo.

In theory for sure it makes sense.. but there's tons of variations that you can create around the payoneer name.. even if they register many of them.. there's always other opportunities..

Took 20 seconds to come up with all of these that can be used..
money-payoneer.com
moneypayoneer.com
paymentsystempayoneer.com
paymentspayoneer.com
fundspayoneer.com

If these were not available, within 5 minutes I can find other ones.. the possibilities are endless... Even Paypal & Apple haven't been able to combat this effectively unfortunately... There's Paypal scams, that in the "from" section it says Paypal, then you click on it, it says a random email. But there's new scams now that even if you click on it, it looks like a legit paypal email.. same for Apple. unfortunately there's ways to mask all kinds of things now....

Maybe one advice to help reduce these risks is to make an excel or notepad file with Funds you are expecting to receive and ask the buyer to notify you when they sent the funds... that way you know around when you're supposed to receive funds and what amount. In terms of domain selling it works pretty well.

If you get a random email with money waiting for you that you weren't anticipating, 99.9% sure it's a scam...

If the amount is close but doesn't make sense even after calculating the fees, then just call Payoneer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back