Domain Empire

Be Careful going for GoDaddy Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bes sob

Established Member
Impact
I think Godaddy has become too large to care for its clients! it has lost the touch!

Though it's still the largest domain registry, getting quality and responsible support is a huge challenge. some years ago, I moved a couple of domain hosting to a smaller but more agile and friendly firms - while keeping the names at godaddy.

Some 16 days ago, I bought a domain from the auction at its BIN price, but they couldn't transfer it up to now. I would understand if the domain is registered somewhere else or it's a 000's dollar pot. What they basically do is keep it active for backorder and if someone get interested for higher price, they will send you a regret letter!!! - i have one particular experience some times ago. I dont think this is professional nor ethical, they secure your money on the same day, and but keep the domain for more higher price. I reached to the online support and 3/4 are clueless. one will tell you it will take 10 days, you wait and the next one will tell you no it's 15 days.

The lesson for me is if you need the domain name for quick projects (with high risk of losing clients), don't go there! buying from forums or from well known dudes on flippa is swift.

I dont know if I'm the only one with these experience, but their client service sucks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
they block my auction account and now I have to pay to re-activate it :(

•••
they block my auction account and now I have to pay to re-activate it :(
i hope it's not for complaining about their poor service - otherwise i may get one!:lookaround:

•••
i hope it's not for complaining about their poor service - otherwise i may get one!:lookaround:
no , it was kinda my fault , I let my laptop open and a friend of mine though it will be funny if he bid on all the available domains , and later I log in and found I won all the bids and I need to pay for all of them in the next 48 hours which I couldn't afford in 48 hours , so godday blocked my account and after contacting them yesterday they made a ticket for me to be paid so my account will be active again.

•••
no , it was kinda my fault , I let my laptop open and a friend of mine though it will be funny if he bid on all the available domains , and later I log in and found I won all the bids and I need to pay for all of them in the next 48 hours which I couldn't afford in 48 hours , so godday blocked my account and after contacting them yesterday they made a ticket for me to be paid so my account will be active again.
:D a good lesson for all - never leave ur auction page open!! it can happen to anyone! never bid also when u are tired, in hurry or feel anxious (after winning/losing one). thxs for sharing, though!

•••
K.Youness, how much was the total amount you had to pay for all those bids??????? :D
and how much they ask now to re-open your account?

•••
K.Youness, how much was the total amount you had to pay for all those bids??????? :D
and how much they ask now to re-open your account?
I have won like 13 domains , and each one cost 25-40$ , and now I have to pay 10$ for each one as admin fees to reopen my account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back