IT.COM

guide Basic list of popular animals / birds / mammals used in domain names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
Thought I should share something today. Here is a basic list of names of my favorite animals / birds / fish / mammals that I use as parameters to filter through expired / deleted names.
  1. fox
  2. zebra
  3. bull
  4. gator
  5. pup
  6. chimp
  7. bear
  8. butterfly
  9. cat
  10. crane
  11. raven
  12. dog
  13. dove
  14. dragon
  15. duck
  16. eagle
  17. seal
  18. turtle
  19. falcon
  20. panda
  21. gorilla
  22. hawk
  23. hippo
  24. lion
  25. tiger
  26. owl
  27. shark
  28. spider
  29. whale
  30. yak
Feel free to contribute by suggesting similar popular animal / bird / mammal etc.
OR create your own thread to share some other class of keywords.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my noob question, do animal names sell well?

If yes, with what keywords?

•••
my noob question, do animal names sell well?

Just picked out my favourite animal on the list and checked name bio for Dragon sales this year.....

dragonlights.com 279 USD 2018-12-10 DropCatch
ondragon.com 115 USD 2018-11-18 GoDaddy
baydragon.com 100 USD 2018-11-11 GoDaddy
dreamingdragon.com 185 USD 2018-11-07 GoDaddy
dragonblaze.com 212 USD 2018-10-31 GoDaddy
dragonled.com 104 USD 2018-10-19 GoDaddy
dragondust.com 915 USD 2018-10-11 GoDaddy
sundragon.life 199 USD 2018-08-29 Flippa
88dragon.org 183 USD 2018-08-29 Flippa
dragonballhub.com 120 USD 2018-08-23 DropCatch
flydragon.com 444 USD 2018-08-22 NameJet
dragonne.com 170 USD 2018-08-02 DropCatch
doubledragon.com 2,600 USD 2018-07-19 NameJet
dragonballcomplete.com 366 USD 2018-07-19 GoDaddy
intdragon.org 155 USD 2018-07-01 GoDaddy
fivedragons.com 270 USD 2018-05-27 NameJet
dragongrill.com 165 USD 2018-04-07 GoDaddy
paperdragon.com 508 USD 2018-02-26 DropCatch
goldendragons.com 500 USD 2018-02-26 NameJet
vapedragon.com 193 USD 2018-02-25 GoDaddy
royaldragon.com 10,500 USD 2018-02-22 Uniregistry
moviedragon.com 113 USD 2018-02-12 Flippa
dragonglass.com 4,999 USD 2018-02-11 GenericDomainMarket
thedragonfly.com 2,601 USD 2018-02-08 GoDaddy
dragoninvestors.com 190 USD 2018-02-06 GoDaddy
dragonwealth.net 125 USD 2018-01-30 GoDaddy
theabstractandthedragon.com 106 USD 2018-01-13 GoDaddy
worldofdragons.com 295 USD 2018-01-04 GoDaddy

•••
@Soofi There are 104 registered sales at namebio that contains the word "panda" and the highest price being 10,000 for PandaTrip.com. Another 283 registered sales at namebio that contains the word "fox" and the highest price being 45,000 for LittleFox.com.
do animal names sell well?
I really dont know the maths of how well they sell but the stats show they do sell often, especially when combined "good" keywords.
Have not processed the data yet but my guess is Fox and Panda are pretty hot.

•••
Just picked out my favourite animal on the list and checked name bio for Dragon sales this year.....

dragonlights.com 279 USD 2018-12-10 DropCatch
ondragon.com 115 USD 2018-11-18 GoDaddy
baydragon.com 100 USD 2018-11-11 GoDaddy
dreamingdragon.com 185 USD 2018-11-07 GoDaddy
dragonblaze.com 212 USD 2018-10-31 GoDaddy
dragonled.com 104 USD 2018-10-19 GoDaddy
dragondust.com 915 USD 2018-10-11 GoDaddy
sundragon.life 199 USD 2018-08-29 Flippa
88dragon.org 183 USD 2018-08-29 Flippa
dragonballhub.com 120 USD 2018-08-23 DropCatch
flydragon.com 444 USD 2018-08-22 NameJet
dragonne.com 170 USD 2018-08-02 DropCatch
doubledragon.com 2,600 USD 2018-07-19 NameJet
dragonballcomplete.com 366 USD 2018-07-19 GoDaddy
intdragon.org 155 USD 2018-07-01 GoDaddy
fivedragons.com 270 USD 2018-05-27 NameJet
dragongrill.com 165 USD 2018-04-07 GoDaddy
paperdragon.com 508 USD 2018-02-26 DropCatch
goldendragons.com 500 USD 2018-02-26 NameJet
vapedragon.com 193 USD 2018-02-25 GoDaddy
royaldragon.com 10,500 USD 2018-02-22 Uniregistry
moviedragon.com 113 USD 2018-02-12 Flippa
dragonglass.com 4,999 USD 2018-02-11 GenericDomainMarket
thedragonfly.com 2,601 USD 2018-02-08 GoDaddy
dragoninvestors.com 190 USD 2018-02-06 GoDaddy
dragonwealth.net 125 USD 2018-01-30 GoDaddy
theabstractandthedragon.com 106 USD 2018-01-13 GoDaddy
worldofdragons.com 295 USD 2018-01-04 GoDaddy

Interesting data, but umm average sales price is on the lower side so I dont think too valuable.. or am I missing something?

•••
@Soofi There are 104 registered sales at namebio that contains the word "panda" and the highest price being 10,000 for PandaTrip.com. Another 283 registered sales at namebio that contains the word "fox" and the highest price being 45,000 for LittleFox.com.

I really dont know the maths of how well they sell but the stats show they do sell often, especially when combined "good" keywords.

Have not processed the data yet but my guess is Fox and Panda are pretty hot.

Some more interesting data here. I'll be more inclined towards looking at the average sales data or if we set a benchmark of $500 and above sales in order to weed out clutter and investor to investor sales.

Without setting a $500 benchmark, the average sale price for "Panda" keyword is $1137 while for "fox" keyword is $1445. With $500 benchmark, $2125 for "Panda" whereas $3118 for "Fox".

Thank you so much for sharing brother-man!

•••
Interesting data, but umm average sales price is on the lower side so I dont think too valuable.. or am I missing something?
Yeah that was my first thought to, I just picked a random name of the list - If you do a search on namebio on each name it will give the whole picture, which probably will yield the same results

I don't have any animal names and probably won't look into them in the future so will not be doing the above.....

•••
Yeah that was my first thought to, I just picked a random name of the list - If you do a search on namebio on each name it will give the whole picture, which probably will yield the same results

I don't have any animal names and probably won't look into them in the future so will not be doing the above.....

Me neither because I dont feel too confident about the animal niche. But that's just you and me :)

•••
You are right. There is probably nothing extraordinary about this class of keywords.
BUT if I come across a new niche keyword. Just an edge case example - ai
.. then I would probably not ignore names like these

aiDragon
aiFox
both registered BTW

I think they make interesting brandables.
But thats just me :)

•••
You are right. There is probably nothing extraordinary about this class of keywords.
BUT if I come across a new niche keyword. Just an edge case example - ai
.. then I would probably not ignore names like these

aiDragon
aiFox
both registered BTW

I think they make interesting brandables.
But thats just me :)

Forsure an interesting one to keep an eye out for..

•••
Some people aren't interested in buying their business names and their first or last names from me. :xf.cry: (Maybe I am pricing them too aggressively)

I wonder if they will spend money to buy a domain name for their pet zebra or a street dog that lives across the street.

But that could just be me.

Problem with buying shoes for small kids is that their feet grows so fast that you have to throw those new shoes away year after year. I am stuck into that kind of situation nowadays.

If a domain name is available for $10 to register and if it is going to sell for $100 then I can't be bothered with it. Because by the time I would have sold that domain name. I would have chewed my way through tobacco and spent on foolish stuff worth more than the profits that the potential domain name would bring in.

As everyone is always looking for an advice on Namepros. Let me add this one here.

Grow your business but try to manage your lifestyle. Otherwise you will end up in a similar situation where you can't do any sane business and make profit. Only chance you will ever have is to make huge profit margins otherwise no joy in your life. :-P

Last edited:
•••
Some people aren't interested in buying their business names and their first or last names from me. :xf.cry: (Maybe I am pricing them too aggressively)

I wonder if they will spend money to buy a domain name for their pet zebra or a street dog that lives across the street.

But that could just be me.

Problem with buying shoes for small kids is that their feet grows so fast that you have to throw those new shoes away year after year. I am stuck into that kind of situation nowadays.

If a domain name is available for $10 to register and if it is going to sell for $100 then I can't be bothered with it. Because by the time I would have sold that domain name. I would have chewed my way through tobacco and spent on foolish stuff worth more than the profits that the potential domain name would bring in.

As everyone is always looking for an advice on Namepros. Let me add this one here.

Grow your business but try to manage your lifestyle. Otherwise you will end up in a similar situation where you can't do any sane business and make profit. Only chance you will ever have is to make huge profit margins otherwise no joy in your life. :-P

"Only chance you will ever have is to make huge profit margins otherwise no joy in your life."

The above is absolute crap - I came from a poor background, I had/have a loving family and had many moments of joy when times where tough.

You can have joy without money BUT life is much easier when you have it.....

•••
"Only chance you will ever have is to make huge profit margins otherwise no joy in your life."

The above is absolute crap - I came from a poor background, I had/have a loving family and had many moments of joy when times where tough.

You can have joy without money BUT life is much easier when you have it.....

That's called picking a sentence out of context. You can re-read the whole paragraph. As it says that if you don't manage your lifestyle then it would happen. I am not generalizing it.

So don't make it appear like that.

100% Agreed that your family might be loving you very much. But my family nowadays only loves me when I earn more :ROFL:

All that innocent selfless love has gone down the drain.

Even my own kids are whining for new stuff everyday >:(

Anyway thanks for providing me with an idea to write a self help book on "Joy of Life and Happiness" maybe there will be many suckers out there willing to buy it in order to get "Joy and Happiness" out of their lives without much money involved. (BUT I am going to charge heavily for that book though)

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
That's called picking a sentence out of context. You can re-read the whole paragraph. As it says that if you don't manage your lifestyle then it would happen. I am not generalizing it.

So don't make it appear like that.

100% Agreed that your family might be loving you very much. But my family nowadays only loves me when I earn more :ROFL:

All that innocent selfless love has gone down the drain.

Even my own kids are whining for new stuff everyday >:(

Anyway thanks for providing me with an idea to write a self help books on "Joy of Life and Happiness" maybe there will be many suckers out there willing to buy it in order to get "Joy and Happiness" out of their lives without much money involved. (BUT I am going to charge heavily for that book though)

Thanks.
Loads of issues there by the look of it, go write that book and send me a free copy when your done......

•••
Dude, no turtle?

Panda sucks. It worked the first time, and it's fine for Chinese restaurants. But having 3500 or even 35 companies called XYZpanda is simply ridiculous.

Btw you have Zebra listed twice. Zebras are way cool, but personally I don't like it for branding purposes. Z and bra, especially bra could create some awkward domain names.

Last edited:
•••
Loads of issues there by the look of it, go write that book and send me a free copy when your done......
I don't think you have understood the situation here yet.

I can't send the book for free. I was planning to sell it and take advantage of people who think about Joy and Happiness without involving money. There is joy and happiness without money being involved but who will take all that trouble LOL.

Anyway I can't even start writing it for free or in advance in hope for potential profits.

By the time I am done through that book. I would have chewed by way through $500 of tobacco and $3000 of alcohol :xf.frown: Let alone the other bills and expenses. So might need to find an angel investor who will back me up and pay for my expenses while I am writing it.

What I am trying to say is that for real money makering some stuff is not worth it. I don't have anything against domainers who spend $120 a year for internet connection + $120 for electricity bills + $10 on registration fees and make a yearly sale of $150 profit. :xf.rolleyes:

In their books it would be profit but in my books it is a total loss.

•••
•••
Sorry. Just dont hear it often enough.

Thanks for pointing it out. But Cant edit the list anymore. :unsure:

Hello @Kenny. Can you help edit the main post by replacing zebra at 18 with turtle.
Done!
This is a great thread! Animal / keywords do sell if keyword appropriate.
bitcoin / swan, imo not such a good match, but I will share one of my domains, kissing / swans.
I actually bought it here and the seller was kind enough to add a logo.

Not a million dollar seller, but should make for a good brand. ;)

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Sorry. Just dont hear it often enough.

Thanks for pointing it out. But Cant edit the list anymore. :unsure:

Hello @Kenny. Can you help edit the main post by replacing zebra at 18 with turtle.
Now hear this.

Turtle.one <<< my new acquisition :turtle:

Oh! I didn't even notice (til now) you replaced #18 with turtle! Many thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks @Primary Names for nice thought...

I think animal names are great if they are combined appropriately with best keywords...

For example Panda and Dragon are great influencing words in China...that thinking can increase the target audience base easily...it reflects the demand and suitable supply...

Just couple of days ago I was searching for names to combine with "VPN"...

My thought process was..

VPN service mainly provides anonymity..

If we say
Secret VPN / hiding VPN they won't be super names...
I thought one animal of this feature...

"Chameleon"
Because of its camouflage and disguising ability...

Chameleon VPN will convey the purpose perfectly..it can be a great brand.

Sorry for long comment.. my points are the animal/bird name can be used for suitable (meaningful) keyword combination or demand of the names in particular countries...

And of course these thoughts are very basic and you need to do lot of other research before registering...

Just my thoughts..

Thanks

•••
I saw many niche websites using "monkey"

example - picmonkey.com

•••
Are Panda domains still popular?

•••
•••
•••
Back