IT.COM

warning BAD Buyer database POST the names and identifying information of BAD buyers - warn the others!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
BAD Buyer database

POST the names and identifying information of BAD buyers - warn the others! about bad apples.

Including domain buyers/bidders/offerers who fail to perform.

—-

I view offer acceptance to create a binding contract and honestly, I’d sue in person on behalf of myself or a client for such breaches if the deadbeat were local or the sum worth pursuing. It’s a matter of not just principle but law.

I don’t care if it’s eBay or a Christie’s auction or an offer to buy my house, if accepted and the offerer breaches he should be held liable. Since we can’t really do that in all cases online, the next best form of damages is at least outing the deadbeat.

The intent is to discourage this sort of behavior.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll start it off with

AVOID
Pete Burazin
[email protected]

made a 200. offer on a domain, I countered 1700, he came back with a "max. would be 500 USD" offer which I accepted, and then he disappeared.

•••
Hi

I feel your intent, but....
if they don't purchase the name, then they are not really a buyer.

and... just because they didn't follow thru on their offer or agreement with you, doesn't mean they won't buy a domain from someone else in the future.

I've had similar experiences over the years, but I just move on.

an outsider could always change their name and email, which makes them more anonymous
and hard to track.

however, if it's a NP member that backed out of an agreement, then yes, we would want to know who they are.

Thanks

imo....

•••
Imagine this.
Someone, could be 18 years old, wants to start a business.
He finds a brand name. Find the domain name. Sees it is for sale.
He's curious, he probes, makes an offer, you counter, he counters, you accept $500.
He disappears.

There's no need for an end user database, it's only going to be useless complaints/whining.

NP members, brokers, fraud/scams etc.. could be

•••
I see no reason to dox someone here at Namepros. Sure negotiations that fail to produce are frustrating, but doxxing someone is of lower moral character than a buyer who fails to produce. I hope the mods can clean up the personal information left in this thread.

In sales you have to have the mindset to move on to the next sale instead of being stuck on the sale that didn't work out. Perseverance and quickly moving forward is an attribute most successful sales people hold.

Last edited:
•••
Two wrongs don't make a right. Posting someone's name and email address on the net, yes, on the net - anything you post on NP is indexed by search engines and accessible worldwide - is overkill. So be considerate and don't take things to the extreme. And how do we know the seller (not you specifically) was not the wrong side? Or do you think seller is always right?

Again, such post can be considered one-sided, since buyer is not invited to defend his action or inaction.

If a potential buyer finally turned down an offer, I take it to mean he didn't need the domain in the first place.

If he's NP member. it's Ok to alert others, using his handle (@mrbaddealer, for example).

Last edited:
•••
We've all encountered tire kickers/time wasters in this game...It happens and once you've been around long enough you'll notice they are pretty frequent. Just move on and get used to it, part of the game...

Now, if it's scammers we're talking about that's something totally different. If someone defrauds you (or someone else) then they deserve to be called out and warned to others. But, there is a big difference between a scammer and a tire kicker. Lots of people will make an offer and then disappear/never buy. I much rather have that than an outright scammer, though.

Last edited:
•••
I'll start it off with

AVOID
name redacted
email redacted

made a 200. offer on a domain, I countered 1700, he came back with a "max. would be 500 USD" offer which I accepted, and then he disappeared.

Everyone, please be sure to report this doxing harassment attempt to the namepros staff. Behavior like this has no place here.

Last edited:
•••
I already discussed this thread with NamePros Mod before creating it. The thread will remain. I accept full responsibility for any content I post.

It’s no different from the many posts or threads we have about issues with sellers. Anyway the more posts made in this thread the higher up in the indexes this database will rank.

As far as you, Onni, are you standing up for deadbeat bidders?

Last edited:
•••
I already discussed this thread with NamePros Mod before creating it. The thread will remain. I accept full responsibility for any content I post.

It’s no different from the many posts or threads we have about issues with sellers. Anyway the more posts made in this thread the higher up in the indexes this database will rank.

As far as you, Onni, are you standing up for deadbeat bidders? What nerve did we touch.

You say you're speaking for yourself and then you ask "what nerve did we touch". Who is this we you're referring to? I'm not advocating for deadbeat bidders. I simply don't believe that inciting the harassment of others by posting personally identifiable information is appropriate here.

•••

It’s no different from the many posts or threads we have about issues with sellers.

As far as you, Onni, are you standing up for deadbeat bidders or are you perhaps one yourself? What nerve did we touch.
Your choice, but I can say that your actions say a lot more about you than a person who failed to follow through on negotiations. I hope you reconsider your actions.

•••
So don’t post your deadbeat offerers here then.

I view offer acceptance to create a binding contract and honestly, I’d sue in person on behalf of myself or a client for such breaches if the deadbeat were local or the sum worth pursuing. It’s a matter of not just principle but law.

•••
@Eric Lyon

The OP mentioned discussing his issue with a mod prior to posting personal identifiable information in this thread. Which BTW is now indexed in Google.

Can you please explain the thought behind allowing this or the rule behind this type of doxxing?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

•••
Yes it was with Eric with whom I discussed this first before creating the thread.

My intent was to post deadbeats here not going to waste more time arguing with those who support deadbeat rights.

•••
@Eric Lyon

The OP mentioned discussing his issue with a mod prior to posting personal identifiable information in this thread. Which BTW is now indexed in Google.

Can you please explain the thought behind allowing this or the rule behind this type of doxxing?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Members that start discussions like this, have done so at their own risk and take full responsibility for anything they post, as outlined in the terms all members agreed to here:
You agree to take full responsibility for all Content you submit to the Service. You agree to assume any losses and/or liabilities that result from your Content.
You agree not to hold us liable for any loss that may result from the use of the Service. Sellers, re-sellers, and buyers’ liabilities regarding items or services are their respective responsibilities and absolve NamePros of any liability.
You understand that we are not a publisher of Content on our forums. We do not moderate most Content. There are thousands of new posts every day posted on NamePros. If a post is not reported to us, then we most likely will never see it.
Source

Since this thread has been reported, it is currently in review and has been forwarded to management.

Thread closed for review.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back