IT.COM

discuss Awaiting approval before being shown publicly - WTF does this mean!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
I'm sure this thread/post will be deleted pretty quickly but if I post this in the feedback section I will have to wait for the censors to approve it......or not.........

I went to leave a suggestion in the Namepros feedback section and when I posted I got the following message.....

Awaiting approval before being shown publicly.

Seriously my feedback needs approval to be shown publicly? Namepros does not want people seeing certain kinds of feedback now and will screen out ones that could damage their image?

"Feedback is about listening actively, taking the time to analyze, and then thinking of the best possible solution to perform better. It provides positive criticism and allows to see what everyone can change to improve their focus and results."

The above should be 100% transparent with no screening in place - IMO

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Getting approval to leave feedback is a piss take if you ask me......

•••
Yeah, I had the same issue when I created a thread recently.

It is kind off odd that they are doing that.

Brad

•••
Yeah, I had the same issue when I created a thread recently.

It is kind off odd that they are doing that.

Brad
That's the diplomatic way of putting it......

•••
Hello,

NamePros has an automated system that sometimes flags posts that contain commonly used spam words, phrases, sequences, special characters, etc.. It's completely automated and places said posts in a queue for manual moderation. Each post in the moderation queue is handled in the order they are received, and some posts take a little longer than others the approve, disapprove, move, warn, etc.. each dependent on the post itself and any rules it may or may not have violated.

It can happen for any forum section, to any thread, or any posts that the automated system flags. It's not isolated to a single forum section.

It sounds like that is what happened to your post, which appears to have been already approved.

We hope that information helps.

•••
Hello,

NamePros has an automated system that sometimes flags posts that contain commonly used spam words, phrases, sequences, special characters, etc.. It's completely automated and places said posts in a queue for manual moderation. Each post in the moderation queue is handled in the order they are received, and some posts take a little longer than others the approve, disapprove, move, warn, etc.. each dependent on the post itself and any rules it may or may not have violated.

It can happen for any forum section, to any thread, or any posts that the automated system flags. It's not isolated to a single forum section.

It sounds like that is what happened to your post, which appears to have been already approved.

Wait. This post is in “new posts” but what is in suggestion and feedback doesn’t show?

•••
Wait. This post is in “new posts” but what is in suggestion and feedback doesn’t show?
Hello,

I'm not sure how the technical side is set up. however, some sections show posts for some places while others don't.

If that's the case, I would imagine it's potentially because NamePros community Help is intended to discuss things amongst the other members, specifically, to get their opinions. (Hense the posts showing in a notification members can see)

However, the Feedback And Suggestions section is more intended to discuss suggestions that are directed at NamePros Technical and Managerial teams (E.g. adding features, creating new sections, adjusting/adding automated detection tools, etc..). (Hense the posts only showing in notifications staff members and moderators can see assigned to that specific section)

I could be mistaken, but it seems like that may be why what you pointed out may have happened.

•••
Hello,

Thanks

Can't see the post I was referring to? Unless I'm missing something....

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Getting approval to leave feedback is a piss take if you ask me......
It shouldn’t require approval unless it detects spam, and established members are supposed to be exempt from most of those checks. Do you have an example so I can investigate?

If you’re referring to the sidebar, that gets heavily cached, so updates are often delayed.

•••
•••
Cheers Paul,

See below the post that was awaiting approval.....

https://www.namepros.com/threads/vetting-procedure-for-sales-threads.1288852

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant member feedback, not the feedback forum. The feedback forum is marked as moderated, so all new threads require approval. I don't remember why, but there was probably a good reason. @Bravo Mod Team might remember.

If it's any consolation, I don't see any recent rejected threads here, so everything was either approved or moved to a more appropriate section (e.g., the support section). I suspect people may have been posting support requests here, which is especially problematic if the requests contain personal info that they expected would remain private.

There are multiple moderators who are able to approve new threads in the feedback section, so any threads you start here should be handled pretty quickly.

I'm sure this thread/post will be deleted pretty quickly but if I post this in the feedback section I will have to wait for the censors to approve it......or not.........

Well, the people responsible for deleting/moving threads are the same people responsible for approving threads in the feedback section. They go through reports and pending threads in roughly the order they were received. If you're confident that your thread would be quickly deleted, but you're not confident that it would be quickly approved, there's a bit of a contradiction.

•••
Back