IT.COM

AVOID NamePros user BigFudge - He is a CHEATER !!

NameSilo
Watch

tksfrm

Established Member
Impact
I bought on SEDO domain from user @BigFudge which was for sale with BIN price.

Now he REMOVED domain with SEDO, because he was "apparently" not aware of minimal fees they apply on SEDO market.

We had also a private conversation here ad here is his FULL reply:

Yes i am aware of all that.

Ok so here is what has happened. I have locked my domain again, and have removed my entire portfolio from Sedo. They can ban me if they want to.

And since you are right i am not able to list it anywhere else than namepros

You can put in a Bid of 90 on Namepros auction, and i will sell it to you 96 hours after that last bid, giving you time to be refunded from Sedo

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
List as many BIN marketplaces as you please, we are not here to appease lowball buyers, this is a $90 insider deal, you got this newbie with his pants down, and went a bit far to try, and ruin his reputation.

The guy is humbled, letting you know he has $6 to his name, he doesn't have any money for food in the coming week, I can understand a newbie not getting how a company can take 2/3 of his sale, and give him 1/3.

You can't have it both ways, in a way you kind of transpired the facts, against the buyer, knowing hey this guy is going to get nothing on his sale at sedo, give the kid a break with all this escrow crap over $90.

Given his circumstances he is probably done with domaining, no need to put the nail in the coffin, just lighten the tone a bit, I am sure you were young once also, at least he is engaging in the conversation, and accomodating. You are getting a decent domain at a decent price, with some end user options out there, it's not totally one sided.

Trust me I understand reputation, and honoring your word, I have seen this get twisted many times, but this guy could have just as easily walked away, rather than discuss it over with you, since the deal wasn't done on namepros, not much you can do when it comes to trader rating.

Most end users don't troll Afternic, Godaddy, Sedo, buying up all the BIN's, you need exposure for your domains, and if you need to list a BIN on all, then so be it, but just remove when they sell.

BigFudge if you come up short for food next week, send me a PM with your paypal, and I will send you a few bucks.

Good luck to all of you

Last edited:
•••
$60 dollar Sedo fee isn’t so nominal if the buy it now is $90. Sounds like an honest mistake by a noob to me.

•••
Can I ask why you bought it on Sedo when you saw a live auction here? You will get your refund not sure why you are so upset.

•••
Seems like the answer should have been pretty simple...
  1. Set $90 BIN at NP.
  2. Buyer posts "sold at BIN" on the NP auction.
  3. Seller sends domain to buyer via SEDO.
  4. Seller eats $60 commission; chalks it up to cost of learning.
It's always a shame to see threads like this. I don't like to see deals not being honored, nor do I like to see members trying to destroy other members over a misunderstanding. Talk it out, work together, forgive mistakes. Life is too short.

•••
Be a man and live with your words.

Transfer the name to the buyer and move on. Your reputation is worth more than that.

•••
@BigFudge it's a $90 sale at Best. That's not worth all this aggravation. I would give the name away for free before I damged my reputation. If you want to grow as a domainer you have to learn the path to walk in. My advice is to figure out a how to make good on this between namepros and sedo. You will make more sales over time this is petty money to have this type of drama over.

•••
I honor NamePros auctions, and can therefor not sell it on Sedo, Something you should of been aware of when you bought it on Sedo instead of bidding on my Auction Here.

But however Sedo want to punish me i will have to deal with those consequences. I simply forgot to remove it from Sedo before i started the auction here.

And yes i was not aware of the minimal 60 USD commision fee as i am quite new to this, and they dont make it very clear.

/Kind Regards, Marcus Persson.

Being new to this is lame excuse. No matter how paltry and insignificant the amount, there are rules and guidelines to observe and decorum must prevail. Moral damages are immeasurable!

It is not my problem.
I paid domain already - imagine I would come to car shop and pay amount for a car - and owner would not give me a keys!

As human beings we are all prone to mistakes. Innocent mistakes and errors should be easily forgiven and forgotten.

Based on what I've seen and read so far, @BigFudge, the seller had made an innocent mistake. Imagine selling a domain on SEDO for $90 when the minimal commission is $60 ?!!

This does not in anyway defend the seller's negligence in reading SEDO's ToS, dashes and dots. Yet, there are times when you just have to temper justice with understanding.

Last edited:
•••
While I don't agree with rogue threads leveling accusations (even if true), I will say that Sedo tries to keep accounts clean of domains that are no longer owned by a person. I get account maintenance emails all the time telling me domains have been removed cause I sold or dropped them.

I don't believe the seller didn't know about the Sedo fees. This is the first thing we think of when listing a domain on a marketplace.

Sounds like the seller simply decided to not stand by their word and that is wrong. I remember listing some domains for sale and forgetting to set reserves on a few. I ended up having to sell them cheap. I kept my word.

This is a real problem. It's a pain to manage domain sales across various platforms. Not defending this seller though. It seems he knew what he was doing.

As @imadoer said, "not worth all this aggravation. I would give the name away for free before I damaged my reputation. If you want to grow as a domainer you have to learn the path to walk in."

•••
I hate that I have to do this but unfortunately I have to rekindle this thread and urge users to avoid dealing with @BigFudge.

We agreed on a BIN transaction for the domain name roody dot com, and after calling the deal off because I wasn't willing to pay in BTC or Paypal Friends & Family, he reluctantly agreed to accept a regular Paypal payment for goods and services.

He went silent after I sent the payment, and has been ignoring my and a moderator's repeat messages even though he has been online as recent as today. His account has been restricted as of today and I have submitted a Paypal claim to attempt getting my money back.

•••
I bought on SEDO domain from user @BigFudge which was for sale with BIN price.

wow you really know how to promote yourself
and you do know how to

"aus einer MΓΌcke einen Elefanten machen"
( make a mountain out of a molehill )

I think you have at least choosen the right avatar

$90 USD name and so much hate???????

I better won't deal with you
please remember me if I should ever try to

Last edited:
•••
This guy tried selling me roody.com for btc I told him no ... i just had that feeling he was going to scam me.

•••
You will get refunded all your money from Sedo. And if there would be anything missing I would stand for that since I was in the wrong here.

Whatever consequence I have to deal with from Sedo let it be, I have already deleted my portfolio there.

However, since no money is lost, and no real "crime" had been committed, I have not "cheated" Anyone.

If you want links to my other stores online or physical to read the reviews i would be more than happy to link.

•••
Are you dumb too ;) This is "only" forum - SEDO is legal marketplace. And I always buy via SEDO, no Paypal... have you not seen "fake" sales, etc.

SEDO is safe place - and it was fix price. It is a responsibility of owner to remove domain on other places.
Could be somebody else - not me - so you missed the point ...

I am not the one throwing a hissy fit on a name they could have bought for the same price or less here. Also speaking of dumb you never answered the question why did you run to Sedo to buy it when it was on auction here?

A person can back out of a sale- it happens frequently. Do not belittle me for asking a valid question.

•••
You will get refunded all your money from Sedo. And if there would be anything missing I would stand for that since I was in the wrong here.

Whatever consequence I have to deal with from Sedo let it be, I have already deleted my portfolio there.

However, since no money is lost, and no real "crime" had been committed, I have not "cheated" Anyone.

If you want links to my other stores online or physical to read the reviews i would be more than happy to link.
Fyi, this guy was on NP chat the other day asking people to shill bid on his NP and Flippa auctions and he would do the same for their auctions.

Then he put up auctions on NP that were already going on in Flippa. I know he might just be a new guy doing dumb stuff without reading the rules, but something tells me he could also be a scammer because he bought the biz account and even knew how to list portfolio domains @ flippa. That's something I still don't know how to do :D

so yeah, just be weary.

•••
It must be a 'slow news' week on here if this thread is still going strong! As far as I see he sorted it and the buyer is getting his domain. Someone should close this thread to new comments.

•••
I hate that I have to do this but unfortunately I have to rekindle this thread and urge users to avoid dealing with @BigFudge.

We agreed on a BIN transaction for the domain name roody dot com, and after calling the deal off because I wasn't willing to pay in BTC or Paypal Friends & Family, he reluctantly agreed to accept a regular Paypal payment for goods and services.

He went silent after I sent the payment, and has been ignoring my and a moderator's repeat messages even though he has been online as recent as today. His account has been restricted as of today and I have submitted a Paypal claim to attempt getting my money back.

Unfortunately I had to quit dealing with most noobs because of this type of nonsense. Hopefully he gets perma-banned for scamming and you get a refund.

•••
The fact that the owner listed the domains at auction on Flippa and Namepros at the same time should raise some alarms for the bidders (they might not get the domain).

Here is the Flippa auction link: https://flippa.com/9161999-portfolio-of-12-domains

Some of the domains are listed at auction here at NamePros as well and there are bidders:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...london-law-firm-for-big.1044762/#post-6387487
https://www.namepros.com/threads/goldantivirus-com.1044533/#post-6386448
https://www.namepros.com/threads/qu...-freelancer-market-site.1044520/#post-6386421

It might be a newbie mistake, but I think it's common sense that you can't have an auction for the same domain at the same time on two different platforms.

Last edited:
•••
Wouldn't that result in a penalty from NamePros for cancelling the auction due to an external sale?

Seems to me this all could have been avoided if the buyer sent the seller a direct message heads up that their domain is for sale on sedo and elsewhere which is a NP auction violation. The buyer could have asked the seller if he planned on putting a BIN on NameaPros. As it seems the buyer wasn't interested in bidding, when there was a BIN option.
I think the buyer stated they wanted to use a secure platform such as sedo escrow to transact. Or eventually they used escrow, all overkill for a $90 transaction, got to have some faith sometimes, if thru namepros, and under $100.

The main issue here is the seller is going thru financial hardship, and was trying to raise money for living expenses, and was appalled sedo was going to take 2/3's of his sale, and give him 1/3. Being new to the industry, probably saw that as robbery, and wasn't going to do business with such a company.

The seller got a bit eager, made some mistakes for sure, but in the end owned up to them.

Agreed, I know many here would honor a sale, even if they got a higher offer elsewhere, it's really how we have all learned. I know I got caught once with a sedo offer, which we negotiated a bit higher, but had a godaddy premium bin lower, so learned my lesson early on.

It's a $90 sale, I saw remarks to getting lawyers involved etc... maybe just a good education for all. Good on escrow for adjusting fee, I still get lameos at sedo offering $90 on domains all day long, maybe time for sedo to adjust their minimum also.

•••
I have to agree, I had no idea this person is saying they have no money for food, but are still bidding on auctions, they did reach out to me via PM, and offer their paypal, I will not be funding them, as this person is just turning out to be a BigFraud.

If it comes to eating, or not, you would not be bidding on domain auctions, sorry, but I don't think domaining is for you. To be honest I would say 99.9% of domainers, and people on this forum are people you can do handshake deals with. Every so often the .1% come, thinking there is quick money here, I can assure you there is not. You are going to have to spend hundreds, if not thousands before you see any likelyhood of a return.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/summerbeachhome-com.1043760/#post-6388326

Yeah, I didn't realize this either. Very bad form... Bad enough to come on a public forum and spill personal problems as an excuse for not honoring a deal. But to claim to be broke while still spending money on the same forum? Very disappointing. This young man has some growing up to do.

•••
•••
This guy tried selling me roody.com for btc I told him no ... i just had that feeling he was going to scam me.

What does it take to get someone permanently banned? I almost sent him BTC but then I saw this thread and asked to do Paypal... hope the claim goes through now.

•••
Finally sorted!
giphy.gif

•••
•••
List as many BIN marketplaces as you please, we are not here to appease lowball buyers, this is a $90 insider deal, you got this newbie with his pants down, and went a bit far to try, and ruin his reputation.

The guy is humbled, letting you know he has $6 to his name, he doesn't have any money for food in the coming week, I can understand a newbie not getting how a company can take 2/3 of his sale, and give him 1/3.

You can't have it both ways, in a way you kind of transpired the facts, against the buyer, knowing hey this guy is going to get nothing on his sale at sedo, give the kid a break with all this escrow crap over $90.

Given his circumstances he is probably done with domaining, no need to put the nail in the coffin, just lighten the tone a bit, I am sure you were young once also, at least he is engaging in the conversation, and accomodating.

Trust me I understand reputation, and honoring your word, I have seen this get twisted many times, but this guy could have just as easily walked away, rather than discuss it over with you, since the deal wasn't done on namepros, not much you can do when it comes to trader rating.

Most end users don't troll Afternic, Godaddy, Sedo, buying up all the BIN's, you need exposure for your domains, and if you need to list a BIN on all, then so be it, but just remove when they sell.

BigFudge if you come up short for food next week, send me a PM with your paypal, and I will send you a few bucks.

Good luck to all of you

Boom. We need more people like you here.

•••
I am not chastizing seller. No one is perfect and most of people including me make mistakes now and then. After much of struggling he did right thing and that is what counts. From my heart I wish him best in his life and bussines. But its not right to recieve empathy from people on account to be poor and short on food and at same time bidding on auction with money you supposedly don't have.
I have to agree, I had no idea this person is saying they have no money for food, but are still bidding on auctions, they did reach out to me via PM, and offer their paypal, I will not be funding them, as this person is just turning out to be a BigFraud.

If it comes to eating, or not, you would not be bidding on domain auctions, sorry, but I don't think domaining is for you. To be honest I would say 99.9% of domainers, and people on this forum are people you can do handshake deals with. Every so often the .1% come, thinking there is quick money here, I can assure you there is not. You are going to have to spend hundreds, if not thousands before you see any likelyhood of a return.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/summerbeachhome-com.1043760/#post-6388326

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back