Dynadot

NameSilo
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Sorry Namepros but i hate the avatars being next to everything i am trying to read

Gotta ask why this has happened, all it does it distract from the purpose at hand

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
same here.. it looks messy..

•••
We have expanded the use of avatars to add character and visual appeal while browsing threads. If you do not enjoy seeing the avatars, you can disable them in your options. Also those with slower internet connections can disable them to achieve slightly faster page load times.

To disable avatars,

Visit http://www.namepros.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Search for "Show avatars" and uncheck the option box for it.

Save changes.

•••
I find it difficult to search through as it's cluttered here on this view.
http://www.namepros.com/search.php?searchid=4573058
and with some names being bigger than others it pushes the arrows over and
distorts the other columns with text overflow - then 2 rows of avi's is quite the mess.

Only problem with turning them off at that point RJ is it turns them off in the postbit
any way to leave those on without the ones at every thread/post?

•••
As humans we are resistant to change

Cheers
Corey

•••
I find it difficult to search through as it's cluttered here on this view.
http://www.namepros.com/search.php?searchid=4573058
and with some names being bigger than others it pushes the arrows over and
distorts the other columns with text overflow - then 2 rows of avi's is quite the mess.

Only problem with turning them off at that point RJ is it turns them off in the postbit
any way to leave those on without the ones at every thread/post?
No, it's all or nothing with the avatar option.

I am working on uncluttering the search results view. It should be a little better next time you check it. :)

•••
Yeah, you should put it back the way it was. I like seeing the avatars in the actual posts, the way it was. Turning off the avatars in the options, removes it all as Miss Chiff pointed out.

Now, you have it looking like some mini banner farm or the milliondollarhomepage.com. So it doesn't add character or visual appeal, it junks up the place. You should poll the members here and find out.

•••
No poll needed. I appreciate the feedback but I personally do like the addition of avatars and intended to keep them around.

But choice is good, so I have created a new option to let you disable avatars in the Thread Listings and Search Results. It's located on the Edit Options page. Now we can all co-exist peacefully. :]

•••
•••
•••
Well I really liked this version. The earlier one was old and plain. This is cool.

•••
No poll needed. I appreciate the feedback but I personally do like the addition of avatars and intended to keep them around.

But choice is good, so I have created a new option to let you disable avatars in the Thread Listings and Search Results. It's located on the Edit Options page. Now we can all co-exist peacefully. :]

You're the best RJ, thanks :hearts:

•••

Thank God. Those avatars were driving me nuts and made the threads harder to read.

•••
Can we at least have an option to disable the avatar in front of all threads?

Can we at least have an option to disable the avatar in front of all threads? It is a complete mess. My eyes are hurt.....

Or maybe just completely remove them?

It is a mess
sore.PNG

If you had a hard time seeing this post, then yes, it is about the same as how hard I am trying to read posts in here. Just a suggestion and feedback.

•••
•••
User CP / Edit Option /
Search for "Show avatars" and uncheck the option box for it.

•••
Should be able to just visit here:

http://www.namepros.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down the page until you see this box:

Show Avatars in Thread Listings

Change the Yes to a No in the drop Down Box:

Show Avatars in Thread Listings:

That should fix it right up and bring it back to the normal way it was displaying before said changes.

Cheers

Blake A. Worthington

•••
Thanks for posting how to remove the avatars, I'm not a fan of it at all, but as long as the option to remove it exists I'm satisfied.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back