Dynadot

Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
RE: Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Seems like there's a lot of news lately, as recently as the last few days, of advances in driverless & autonomous cars. There are multiple auto makers getting ready to launch some form of these cars, and of course, Google is working on their project car.

I have a handful of domains related to this news & technology, and I am wondering if anybody else has any? Also, any spike in traffic to your domains, or news of sales???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ElectricPickupTrucks

You Don’t Have to Wait for Tesla to Get Your Electric Pickup Truck

W-15-4.jpg

AMERICANS LOVE PICKUP trucks. The mighty Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle in the US for 35 years, and last year the Dodge Ram and Chevrolet Silverado placed second and third. The basic design of this quintessential American vehicle hasn’t changed much since, well, ever, but an Indiana company thinks it has found a better way: Make it electric.

Now now, stop giggling. An electric pickup makes a lot of sense, which is why Elon Musk plans to build one eventually. But this isn’t about him. It’s about Workhorse Group, the same outfit that built that wild hybrid drone-slinging UPS van. It just unveiled the W-15 Electric Pickup Truck, an attractive and surprisingly quick truck it plans to start selling to fleet operators next year.

giphy-final.gif

Read more: Wired

Last edited:
•••
ElectricSemiTruck

Elon Musk gives us a glimpse of Tesla's electric semi truck

dims.jpg

Elon Musk made a few revelations about some his newer projects this week, including the electric semi-truck Tesla has been working on since 2016. The automaker promised to unveil the big rig this September, but the Tesla-slash-SpaceX chief has given us a shadowy first look during his TED talk on April 28th. Based on what little we can see in the image above, it looks smoother than your average truck, with headlights and general design that seem to take cues from the company's cars.

Musk described the vehicle as a "spry truck" that you can drive around like a sports car -- he said he'd already taken it for a spin himself. You can judge for yourself when Tesla reveals it in its full glory this fall. Other than Tesla's big rig, Musk also showed off what The Boring Company's digging machine looks like earlier this week. His new company released a concept video showing how an underground tunnel network can help commuters get to their destinations much faster than before.

Read more: https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/29/elon-musk-tesla-electric-semi-truck/

•••
•••
Yes I need to play around with this more - I have my account linked but does it break down the traffic by domain or do I need to configure my analytics account for each domain individually?

Yes, you can get a breakdown for each domain by filtering on Hostname. Here's a step-by-step guide. Feel free to email us if you need any help.

•••
Adding to my
Autonomous Fleet

are AutonomousDrivingTech .com
and AutonomousDriving.ca

•••
Proterra launches first autonomous bus program in U.S.

Proterra announced it is initiating the industry's first autonomous bus program with the University of Nevada, Reno and its Living Lab Coalition partners that includes the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County (RTC); the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles; the Nevada Governor's Office for Economic Development; Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI; and the cities of Reno, Sparks, and Carson City, Nev.

This program represents Proterra and the partners' commitment to technology leadership and to establishing safer mobility solutions that will help build public confidence in the safety of eventual autonomous mass transit.

Unlike other programs to date, this autonomous vehicle pilot will deal with real road conditions from the perspective of public transit systems and emphasize the most challenging aspects related to mass transportation, which include dense and dynamic environments, degraded conditions, and a need for swift emergency response

Read more: http://www.metro-magazine.com/bus/news/722247/proterra-launches-first-autonomous-bus-program-in-u-s

•••
•••
Intel and Delphi’s self-driving car handles Silicon Valley traffic just fine

I took my first ride in a self-driving car yesterday. It was during the grand opening of Intel’s Advanced Vehicle Lab in San Jose, Calif. Automotive supplier Delphi used some Intel electronics and other tech to retrofit an Audi SUV into an autonomous vehicle. I piled into the back with a couple of other journalists and we took a two-mile drive through real Silicon Valley traffic.

We had a safety driver who could take over the car in case of emergency. But once we were out on the road, the driver pressed a button and the self-driving software took over. The car’s display showed what the vehicle’s artificial intelligence and vision system could see, based on data coming in from 26 different sensors. I could see other cars as gray objects and possible routes in green. The sensors can generate 45 terabits of data per hour, and they help the car generate its “world view,” or the area around it.

Read more: https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/...car-handles-silicon-valley-traffic-just-fine/

•••
I had an idea today to check popular phrases in the automobile industry compared to this niche. I found that lease and leases tended to do just as good or less then lease deals when added to the keyword phrases. and in the thousands for sem results. so i registered to my shock.

Autonomous Lease Deals
Driverless Lease Deals
Self Driving Lease Deals
all in dot com.

I realized these will result the same as suv, convertible, etc and not be be compared with car or truck lease or leases. Sometimes knowing how keywords fit in phrases can go a long ways.

•••
•••
Self-Driving .Services / Self-DrivingApp

Apple's Self-Driving Car Future Looks To Be About Apps And Services, Not An iCar

News that Apple has permission to test self-driving vehicles has people dreaming about the possibilities of the company finally moving to make its own car, or at the very least readying unique hardware and software for driverless cars. But veteran automotive experts suggest all signs point to Apple wanting to create better apps and services for your car, not the car itself.

California’s Department of Motor Vehicles this month issued a permit for Apple to test three 2015 Lexus RX 450h hybrid SUVs with six drivers, a solid step indicating the company has some kind of vehicle program (after five years of Waiting for Godot-like speculation that an iCar is coming from its super-secret Project Titan). News reports in 2015 said Apple hired hundreds of engineers to work on the program, before letting many go last year. The company has made no statements on its auto plans, and didn’t return emails and calls from Forbes.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanoh...t-apps-and-services-not-an-icar/#1f5180c65d2b

Last edited:
•••
Self-driving electric vehicles to make car ownership vanish

So if you're skeptical or nervous about the coming age of self-driving cars, consider this incentive: a $20 Uber or Lyft fare could be slashed to $2.

Better yet, it might even be free if the ride provider is, say, a Starbucks autonomous ride-sharing van that's covering the cost of your 40-cent commute by selling you a pricey latte.

And this isn't a vision of the future for today's toddlers, but likely to happen within a decade of the anticipated 2020 rollout of autonomous vehicles.

Those are just some of the provocative predictions in the first report out Thursday from RethinkX, an independent think tank focusing on technology's impact on transportation, energy, finance and healthcare.

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...vehicles-make-car-ownership-vanish/101204980/

•••
I’ll add my list of domains to this thread because… Well… It seems like the thing to do. Myself, I own the following domains that are currently available for purchase:

insuranceforselfdrivingcars.com
diyselfdrivingcar.com
diyautonomouscar.com

As a semi-related domain, I also own robotchargingstation.com

Earlier this year I sold selfdrivinginsurance.com for a not-too-shabby sum of money.

Lastly, I also own selfdrivinglawyer.com (link is probably in my profile) though the site is not for sale, unless someone wants to offer a ridiculous amount of money. My partner and I are building out the site, building up the SEO, and slowly turning the site into a directory service of attorneys who specialize in self-driving car law and litigation.

•••
Truck Start Up Company Sent me this. Wanted to buy our Truck Domains, but wants to give up a share in there company. What do you guys think?

(This is the last email that was sent to me)

What I suggest is this, for now, in exchange of your domain(s):

First we have 10 millions shares. We did not sell any shares yet, nor we attributed the shares to anyone until we have an investor.

Here would be my conditions for such stake in the company:

1) In the whois you change the contact info to reflect there company
2) You redirect the domain(s) to there company
3) You can change the pointing urls to any other urls in the future until we have attributed the shares to people and to investor(s).

Now the question is if you want or not and how many shares you will take. You can deal.

•••
Truck Start Up Company Sent me this. Wanted to buy our Truck Domains, but wants to give up a share in there company. What do you guys think?

(This is the last email that was sent to me)

What I suggest is this, for now, in exchange of your domain(s):

First we have 10 millions shares. We did not sell any shares yet, nor we attributed the shares to anyone until we have an investor.

Here would be my conditions for such stake in the company:

1) In the whois you change the contact info to reflect there company
2) You redirect the domain(s) to there company
3) You can change the pointing urls to any other urls in the future until we have attributed the shares to people and to investor(s).

Now the question is if you want or not and how many shares you will take. You can deal.
Shares In exchange of your domain name?

•••
Yes. Sounds Risky waiting to talk to them some more and make a decision. If the company fails, (might not be worth the risk for us).

•••
Yes. Sounds Risky waiting to talk to them some more and make a decision. If the company fails, (might not be worth the risk for us).
It depends on the valuation of your name. Is it a driverless name?

•••
I don't want to go into to much into detail. It is a Start Up Truck Company. They are trying to raise money at this time.

•••
I don't want to go into to much into detail. It is a Start Up Truck Company. They are trying to raise money at this time.

Sean,

I think if it's a startup then yes it would be a massive risk.

Like you say you could be owning shares in a company that seizes to exist in a couple of years.

Hopefully if you talk to them they might be able to explain the deal in more detail.

But I would personally try to get them to use some of their raised funds to buy the domains via a lease to own deal.

That way if they fail to make agreed payments, you still own the domains plus all the money they have paid up until that date.

Good luck mate.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Sean, I'm confident in your investments and knowledge, remember there are limited quality domain name assets out there. You've got quality ones, that means you are in command. Take advantage of that.

•••
Sean,

I think if it's a startup then yes it would be a massive risk.

Like you say you could be owning shares in a company that seizes to exist in a couple of years.

Hopefully if you talk to them they might be able to explain the deal in more detail.

But I would personally try to get them to use some of their raised funds to buy the domains via a lease to own deal.

That way if they fail to make agreed payments, you still own the domains plus all the money they have paid up until that date.

Good luck mate.
When it comes to this type of transaction you want to get your lawyer involved.
  1. First, how much money do they have invested in this company? VC money? Their own money?
  2. What is the total Valuation of the company (At what price and percentage did investors pay to invest?)
  3. Who is on the board of directors?
  4. And if you do get shares, Do Not Allow Dilution!
Good luck (y)

•••
They contacted you, which means you're in the driverless seat. (couldn't resist the pun).

Shares in the company are great, but in a startup it may as well be monopoly money, as it offers you no security, IMO. Research as much as you can about the company, who's running it, backing it, involved with it, etc.

Asking for a cash amount up front, in addition to shares, might be a safer option. Or, include something that protects you on the back end, if they don't make it. Something that would guarantee you some sort of payout if they fail, or a buyout option at your request, should you detect trouble along the way, IMO.

Always speak with an attorney experienced in this type of transaction. You might reach out to others on here who have had similar types of sales and deals. Keith comes to mind, as he had a similar type of deal in the mj niche in recent years.

Congrats and best of luck. Do keep us posted.

•••
DriverlessCool.com

A cool domain for future driverless cars schools (y)

•••
I keep getting inquiries, but they are vague and from Chinese email addresses. May be bots looking for a reply from their offers. I never accept the offers, but I will ask them a question and they never reply.

•••
I keep getting inquiries, but they are vague and from Chinese email addresses. May be bots looking for a reply from their offers. I never accept the offers, but I will ask them a question and they never reply.
I used to get something similar when I was using uniregistry landing page. But now have moved

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back